Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: It's back! The "Make your own superhero" thread!

It's back! The "Make your own superhero" thread!

Big Grin It's back! The "Make your own superhero" thread!

I noticed quite awhile back that this was one of the threads that is no longer here, so here it is again.

Ok, so if you were going to have your own superhero, what would he/she/it be like?

1) What's their super power?

2) How did they acquire it?

3) Which city do they live in/protect?

4) What does their costume look like?

5) What are they like in "real life"?

6) Who is their main villain?

Be creative...again...

Didn't I arleady awnser this one? Oh! It's a new thread! heh.

Ok... Let's see here...

1) Think Batman and Spiderman with Superman's Imortality... (i.e bullet proof...). You just gotta know that taking the batmobile out for a drive is on my 'to do' list

2) Em? ... He was caught between the war between the USA and Iraq ?.. Drove him made to see that we still have wars and vowed to prevent it from happening again. (that actually sounds like a good super-hero thing )

3) The World (cause if he's to prevent wars... he'd have to be on a global scale, right? )

4) Hmm... I'm terrible at costumes.. I guess im gonna do a cross between #1 again... Ok.. Let's see... Spiderman's costume, Batman's cape and utility belt. (not a bad idea.. He's got everything in that belt...)

5) One of those kids who was picked on (I chose this cause almost everyone can relate... Take Peter Parker/Spider-man... An average teen who becomes a super-hero... I always liked that )

6) Dr. Octavious-Riddlous (eugh.. terrible with names... tried to go for a cross between octavious and the riddler...)

yes, i know... it sounds corny... but hey! He's my super-hero!! and he stands for peace!! (which is somewhat lacking these days... I dream for a night of peace and quiet )

Big Grin

Well, yeah, this is a repeat of the first superhero thread. It vanished, so I've started it over.

Nice superhero you got there, Defender.

OOPS! I completely forgot: 7) What's your superhero's name?

Duh...

em.. John Doe? (i got no idea for a name... all i got is a cross between Batman or Spiderman being; Batman or Spiderman (i.e "Bat" from Batman and "Man" from Spiderman... or "Spider" from Spiderman and "Man" From batman...)

I think this is the only question where my cross between 2 superheros wont work

I thought it was "Defender" in the other thread. That's a good general superhero name.

Really? Wow. I totally forgot what I said in that post (the old version of this one).

I guess Defender would apply here, since he fights for world peace.. (defends the world....).

Cool!

Hey! Wait a minute!! You Tricked Me!!! Ok. Now its your turn!! What would YOUR super-hero be?

Red Face (Embarrassed)

I still can't seem to come up with a decent idea for mine... That's the honest truth. Everything that comes to mind, that hasn't already been done before, ends up sounding cheesy. Bleh, I'll just have to think on it some more and get back to ya.

I'll hold you to that

ok, here we go

1) He (yes, a male) has no real "powers" but he's smart and has a host of gadgets (and money)

2) he acquired it through years of training and mental anguish (especially mental anguish)

3) lives in a place i call "gotham city"

4) his costume is grey and black, mostly a kevlar / nomex mesh, with a lined cowl and a cape that can be used as a type of parachute

5) in "real life", he's basically a dandy, an almost ineffectual fop, yet at the same time, a great philanthropist and industrialist with a company that markets in most everything from technology to manufacturing to transportation.

6) his main villain is criminals everywhere on the streets who prey on the innocent and so on

7) i call this hero... batman! (-"-)

what? it's been done? who... where... but i... aw heck! well, check out my car anyway:

http://www.subwayleap.com/images/photos/bat2.jpg
    (it's at www.subwayleap.com/images/photos/bat2.jpg)

ROFLOL!

Hmm.. I wonder where the mines go

Could be worse, could be the 60s batmobile

(that car was cool... but wierd... it looked like they changed the same button like a billion times to fit other purposes...)

I liked the crank under the siren!! THAT WAS COOL! You know, It released the (im guessing) 'Bat-Parachutes' (remember, its 'bat' something...) and then the car would do a 180degrees turn and continue on its journey...

Can you imagine that? Driving along the street... Oh No! I forgot my wallet!! pull 180 and heads back to the batcave

You never saw the radar thing much though... (bat ray?)

Did you guys see the ? movie with Adam West and Burt Ward? Where the batmobile was stolen and Adam & Burt need to find it, and the clues are in their 'past'...

It's kinda falls under the 'behind the scenes'/'directors cut'/'spoof'/'prelude'

It showed footage of how Batman started out on TV... Was funny and yet entertaining. I think its called something like 'The hidden adventures' or something....

Big Grin

LOL @ Glamiss! Love the Batmobile.http://www.imagemagician.com/images/...laughltblu.gif

I didn't really get a chance to watch the Batman movie thingy, Defender. I miss all the good stuff on TV.

I never did like Egghead. And I don't know what brought that to mind...

batmobile perhaps?

Yah.. egghead was one of the most eggscrutiating characters of all time... The fact that he had to use eggsquisite use of eggs in any sentence was eggseptional...

(excrutiating, exquisite, exceptional...)

I prefered the 'original' group.. Joker, Catwoman, Penguin and Riddler...

Mr. Freeze was good... Mad hatter was freaky... I never understood 'The Puzzler' He was the same thing as the riddler... Only thing I could figgure out is maybe 'The Riddler' went on strike or got sick, so they used 'The Puzzler' to fill in the gaps...

But that doesnt wouldnt explain Catwoman.. There were 3 women who did Catwoman... So .. whats up with that???

And don't get me started on that utility belt! Robin had like the batcuffs and bat rope... thats all... Batman has everything in his..

Batcave was nice too.. I liked the poll

Big Grin

LOL I was always amused by the fact that Batman had an appropriately dark costume, while Robin's costume was just about every wacky color that stands out in the dark. What was that all about? I think Batman played an evil trick on him by making sure that Robin's costume was enough of a visible giveaway that Robin would get beat up first while Batman had a chance to escape. Kinda sad that Robin never picked up on that...

Do you remember the 'Batman Forever' movie? Richard Grayson's 'circus' costume is actually the old 60's robin costume. (ofcourse, it was tailored to fit Chris Odonel....)

Kinda gave the 'here comes robin' feel to the movie

EDITED: It won't let me right the 'nickname' of Richard .... It gets scensored out... Grayson is a name!!!! (well, fictional.. but still a name!!)

well, that's why dic k grayson's robin outfit was like that. he kept the colors to pay homage to his parents. bruce is of course smarter. like he tells clark all the time, he can't go around wearing flashy colors, or he'd be dead in minutes, without clark's superpowers. robin, on the other hand, i dunno... the impetuance of youth.

then jason todd kept the same costume after dic k moved on, but by the time d ick became nightwing and jason todd was killed, tim drake had some changes to the robin outfit, like the R shuriken, the black full-length cape with yellow lining, the better utility belt, the full boots instead of the ankle boots....

of course, as nightwing, di ck also started out with a large yellow bird on his chest, which he eventually / finally changed to blue.

unless you talk about the animated series, which uses the jason todd storyline (father worked for then killed by two-face) but with the tim drake name and outfit.

the animated series (serieses? multiple series...) had to change a lot of stuff for things like that though. like they couldn't show the death of jason todd... in superman, they made kyle rayner the person to get the green lantern ring instead of hal jordan from abin sur (because they can't show hal while using kyle as the current character in the comic, but they can't show hal ecoming parallax and wiping out the Corps, either)... bane breaking batman's back and azrael taking on the mantle... and while we know that bane is addicted to venom and uses the other version (the concentrated souped-up stuff), they can't mention that bruce was also addicted to it once. or the flash that's in the animated series (superman) / JLA, they haven't said WHO he is, but you can be sure it isn't barry allen (i forget the name of the current flash... i can think of all the other speedsters BUT him. weird). well, not 100%, but i'm pretty sure.

don't even get me started on pre-crisis stuff...

I only followed the 60s version and the animated serie... up to the point of 'the mask of the phantasm'.

Then i kinda skipped a few years... caught up with 'batman beyond'.. but it plays only in the early morning (2-3am...)...

I liked it.. nice high tech suit

Big Grin

Oooh, well it seems you both followed that stuff a lot more closely than me. I can't even remember the last time I saw an episode of the 60's Batman show, and I never could manage to keep up with most comic book or cartoon storylines. I'd always end up missing bits here and there. I'm mostly into the Spider-Man and X-Men cartoons from a few years ago anyway. I always wondered why Robin got the wacky, less-than-subtle costume, though.

Oh, and for the record, it's Dick Grayson.

I somewhat loss track of some series too (most of the time it was due to continuing reruns so i stopped watching ... but they sneaked in 2 or 3 episodes in that period of time... )

I still watch some cartoon shows. . Most cartoons I watch are Anime (DBZ) or 3D CGI (like Reboot, Action Man..)

I always found CGI Animation fascinating. There's supposed to be a prelude to the Matrix Reloaded (upcoming Matrix Sequel) thats fully CGI Animated (i.e computer generated 100%). I believe its shown only with the 'DreamCatcher' movie (looks like a bad remake of 'The Thing' )

Yeah, I stopped watching a lot of those cartoons because of all the reruns. Then I'd end up finding out that they were airing new episodes right about the time I stopped watching. That got annoying.

I don't really get to watch many cartoons anymore. I usually miss them for one reason or another. Glad I got quite a few of my X-Men and Spider-Man episodes on tape.

I heard "Dreamcatcher" sucked baaad, by the way. I personally lost interest in Stephen King books-to-film quite awhile ago. I did like "It," but that one is almost 12 years old!

Yah. I heard that too (dreamcatcher). But apparently, the movie that did worst (recently...) is the Gay Cruise movie (this black guy goes on what appears to be a 'naked cruise' and finds out they're all men...)). It made 3.7 million on its first week...

now thats bad! That's probably Bill Gate's IRS Tax Report for a year!!

I also get annoyed when they do reruns lead you to stop watching, then they show new episodes... Its an evil plot!!

rook, how did you type his name without it getting censored? did you use color tags for every letter?
    i follow the comics pretty closely... maybe too closely and i EXCLUDE the movies (maybe they could be grouped under elseworlds)
    now i collect all the bat titles (except azrael), peter parker: spider-man, the amazing spider-man, sometimes superman, sometimes green lantern, jla if the storyline intersects well with batman, i used to get all the cross-gen titles, tomb raider (of course), gijoe, transformers... lots & lots of stuff. well, i USED to. i haven't been able to afford my habit since mid-november at 3-5 bucks a pop, it gets kinda pricey.

i apologize for getting us so off-topic though

Big Grin

Originally posted by mrdefender
    I also get annoyed when they do reruns lead you to stop watching, then they show new episodes... Its an evil plot!!
    It's true! It's gotta be an evil plot of some kind! I gave up on X-Men 'toons when they reran the reruns about a dozen times, then they started showing all new ones, and I missed a bunch of them. They, of course, never did rerun the ones I missed! AARGH!!

And comics have definitely gotten out of hand pricewise. (Then again, what hasn't? ) My biggest problem collecting them wasn't the price, though. It was more that I never could seem to find a shop around me that actually sold continuing storylines continually! I mean, if I bought issue #113 and it was in the middle of some storyline I really wanted to read more of, the next issue I'd be able to get my hands on would be #117! So I pretty much gave up on that and now I just buy the ones that involve my favorite particular X-characters, or the comics with the best artwork in them. I'm easy to please. Just give me eye candy...

As for the name, yeah, I broke it up with color tags. If you hit the quote button on that post, you'll see them. Incidentally, you can also do that by editing the color code and making it black, but it seems like it would be simpler just to write Richard, or whatever. I don't make a practice of circumventing the censor, but if it's a guy's actual name, good grief!

Originally posted by glamiss
    i apologize for getting us so off-topic though
    I don't think anything here stays on topic very long anyway. http://www.imagemagician.com/images/...reenjester.gif

Its the wheel of topics Here's your host, Rook!

crowd cheering

Big Grin heeheehee

LOL The superhero thread has turned into a gameshow. "I'll take Classic Superheros for $200, Alex." Can't you just hear the Jeopardy theme music?

I'm still trying to think up a decent concept for a superhero of my own, by the way. Originality just isn't coming to me at the moment.....

Really? Improvising is somewhat one of my strong points (well, was..)

I remember back in high school (before I got sick.. 9th grade..), Our Drama teacher gave us homework where we had a week to make a sketch (em.. acting sketch and not a drawing..) and we would have to present it to the rest of the class (it had to be in gibberish also... so when we 'talked' we couldnt say 'words' but we still had to make it so people would somewhat understand what the sketch is about..)

I completley forgot to do it, and .. ofcourse, I was the first to do it! (thats why its a good thing to do the homework.. )

I had to think of what to do and i just put it together as i went along with it... I got an A+

(i acted out someone who's tire got deflated and calls the towing service and explains to the guy what happend...).

So I got an A+ for the sketch, but I think its cause of my Improvisation I did kinda do this on the spot you know

Atleast it was in the right class

Page 1 of 3 123 Last