Thread: Oh Dear God! Just when you thought things couldn't get worse...

Oh Dear God! Just when you thought things couldn't get worse...

Oh Dear God! Just when you thought things couldn't get worse...

Ok... Remember back when Microsoft brought out the XBOX and everyone thought that it was kinda weird and it would never hold its own in the console world... (probably cause this was the first time Microsoft ever got into the console generation..)

Well.... "Would you like fries with that?" is just not enough

Apparently, McDonalds is comming out with a new Value Meal. Here are its contents: You get your Sandwich/burger, fries, drink and 1 hour of free wireless surfing time..

Check it out! I'm not making this up!!

http://www.hispeed.rogers.com/tech/geekreport.jsp
    http://www.hispeed.rogers.com/tech/s...p?cid=z031102A
    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,924164,00.asp

Okay, that's gotta be about the weirdest thing I've ever seen. Well, one of the weirdest things, anyway. I guess McDonalds is trying to get back on top of all that money they've been losing.

Weird.....

I think its somewhat a good idea to try. Turning McDonalds into a 'java café' could boost sales alot.

The down side is that you would need to bring ur own laptop or PDA...

Suffice it to say that when I bring fast food at home, I eat it in front of my computer while surfing

I know its somewhat a bad habbit to 'work' while you eat.. but I'm just reading or writing, or downloading, or surfing.. or checking my bank account, or working on hacking into the CIA.....

Ooops... Em.. I guess I gotta kill you know

Originally posted by mrdefender
    ...or working on hacking into the CIA.....

Ooops... Em.. I guess I gotta kill you know
    I Don't think you have to worry about us.

In that case... DUCK!

(goes matrix style to push Runtime out of the way)

realizes that matrix is just a movie and misses the builing jump

Dang it!

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Well, I made sure I didn't read anything you said about the CIA. Can I live now?

Oops...

hehe, sure you can

My retirement period is over

Saw something on one of those special tv shows (i.e only appears once or twice).

This CIA guy couldnt reveal anything for like 60 years after he retired... so considering that you'd be what? 50-60 years old when one retires from the CIA? so 50-60 + 60 years is like over 100 years old... so you'd most likely be dead by then (and the secrets would be safe)

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Oooh, sounds like another one of those http://www.imagemagician.com/images/...domi/stars.gif scenarios. I think I'll just take your word for it, rather than trying to work out the math in my head. Ouch...

Nah! Do the math!!

481531849123 * 43181164841 * 51548123084891 * 4842176123 * 212307841138 * 489123173184171308 * 547130819120 * 15081617013489130 * 84561076432 * 0 * 54123183018130 * 5432131842313 * 484318487321 * 784513184231321 *5476978213257489 * 21345678901 = ???

So... Whats the awnser? no, come on! Guess!! really, im serious. its the brain teaser of all brain teasers!! If u get it wrong, your gonna hit ur head on a table for 3 weeks!!

BTW * means multiply (its the computer version of 'x' )

Big Grin

Is it 0?

They will also be selling bagged sliced up fruit for 40 somthing pence next month I think. Now the idea is alright (if people who go to Macdonolds will but it or not) but cutting up thingslike apples and bagging it in macdonolds conditions! I hope they do it on the spot and not just cut up bag and stick on shelf!

Wow rook! You got it!!

Heh. I remember when that question was on a .. ? Black Board? (things infront of the class room where the teach writes on)..

Almost everyone took out a calculator

The teacher was trying so hard not to laugh

As for the fruit @ mcdonalds idea.... dunno.... It's so hard to get a fresh item from the 'lighter choices' menu around here....

The Lemons are Limes

Wink

McDonald's bagged fruit? ***cringe***

Something about knowing how they prepare everything else waaay ahead of time makes that a really unappealing thought. Mushy old fruit just doesn't entice me.

And I'll admit, Defender, that I was honestly going to try to work the whole thing out, until I caught sight of the 0.

Thats how u trick ppl.. u blend it in with the rest of the numbers, and add lots of em so people cant really see it until they see the test results

Usually, with all these big numbers, people won't even notice the 0 when doing it on a calculator... (so even with the calculator, they're gonna get it wrong).

Proves that the calculator is only as smart as its user

Red Face (Embarrassed)

I'll have to admit that I was actually doing all the multiplication until I got to the 0, then I beat my head against the wall a couple of times for being such a dork...duh...

Silk Silk Silk. What do cows drink?

Big Grin

Silk Silk Silk. What do cows drink?
    Beer http://www.imagemagician.com/images/...rvali/cow1.gif

Spot Spot Spot. What do you do when you come to a green traffic light?

Look around to see how many people stopped

Nah, you keep going

Well.. Unless there's someplace in the world where 'green' means something else than 'ok, you can go'. ?

Dont think there is, but you never know

anywho... try it with ur friends and family (the 'silk silk silk' thing). Let's see how many of em can get it right

Dunno where this thing comes from (I saw it on CSI.. but you'd think it would've come from somewhere ...). The thing is that the 'silk' 'silk' 'silk' sounds like milk, so when you say 'silk' 3 times and then ask what cows drink... most people will say milk (because it sounds like silk, which is somewhat 'fresh' in their minds...) (for those of you who just tuned into this thread...

Was supprised that a CSI fell for that trick. it looked stupid (like one of those 'corny' jokes..). So I tried it on my dad and my sister.. they fell for it too....

Wierd how our brain works

PS: Oh! If you didnt know.. a CSI is a Crime Scene Investigator...

They're the ones who solve crimes and stuff by looking at the evidence, I'm guessing that it would be hard to be a CSI cause you gotta know like.. well... everything cause you never know what to look for to convict someone....

Well... You can always have this 'chaos theory' (sequence of random events...). Like you turn around to see what the comotion is about, an incoming driver swirves to avoid you, hits another car that crashes into a bar where the person got up to say hi to an old friend....

I think the closest thing that comes to this is dominos. ?? When you stack em up next to each other and you let the first one drop/tumble...

Roast Roast Roast. What do you put in a toaster?

I think I've tried just about all of those on people. Works almost every time...

Em.. You could put roast in a toaster... sliced roast beef sandwhich in toaster oven so its hot!

How bout this?

Pig Pig Pig. What goes 'Oink' 'Oink'

Heh. That could be like the last of 20.. get the 'victim' confused that he'll say anything

Wink

Pig Pig Pig. What goes 'Oink' 'Oink'
    I do...depending on what's for dinner...

Heh You got a wierd stomach

I go something between 'grr' and 'grumble'

Big Grin

Actually, mine's more of a cranky roar.

steps back

Freaky!