Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Thread: Announcing FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster

Announcing FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster

Robert Peeler: "Officially confirmed for North America, we’re happy to announce FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster set for 2013!

More than just a few of you have brought this up to me over Twitter, on the Forums, on Facebook, and at events. It’s been agonizing keeping the details from you, but that’s the name of the game (literally, the name of the game has been secret up to today!) and now that we can get this news out to you, allow me a moment to breath a collective sigh of relief for all of Square Enix North America… ::WHEW::

We’re more than just a little excited to be announcing another long awaited classic title from the harrowing days of just 32 MB of RDRAM and an RGB Connection display done up in breathtaking, vibrant, and oh so shiny HD!

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster is officially making its way to North American shores in 2013! Boasting a completely redrawn HD makeover, this release is the ideal way to play and catch up with Tidus and Yuna in the world of Spira. The original titles combined have sold over 10 million units, and the franchise has maintained its renowned success for over 10 years. Critics were enamored with the title on release and fans have been extremely supportive of this HD effort:

“A leap ahead of any recent FF in gameplay terms.” – IGN

“FFX has its own unique character building and battle systems – two of the best innovations in the series.” – GamePro

“…this is a magnificent first effort from a voice-acting standpoint.” - GameSpy

“If you’ve been waiting for the definitive role-playing game for the PlayStation 2, here it is.” – GameSpot “Final Fantasy X is a breakthrough release, a visionary tale, and a masterpiece for the ages.” – GameInformer

There’s much more to talk about and say about FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster, and we’re looking forward to doing just that in the coming months. For now, enjoy these initial screenshots showcasing the amazing new HD visuals:

na.square-enix.com/finalfantasyxivarealm...

We’ve also recently launched the official Facebook for FINAL FANTASY X/X-2, so join today and keep up on the latest. We’ll be back soon with more info, until then, get ready to gear up with a summoner and her guardians in an epic adventure against the massive force of “Sin”. Your fate is in your hands!

Robert Allen Peeler
    Community Manager, listen to my story.
    @SQEX_MEMBERS_NA"

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to Europe

Ben Bateman: "I'm delighted to announce that FINAL FANTASY X and FINAL FANTASY X-2 will both be getting the high definition treatment - being released in Europe this year!

For those of you who love to lounge around at home with your PlayStation 3 and a big telly, you’ll get both FINAL FANTASY X and X-2 bundled together on one disc, called FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster. If however you find yourself always on the go, trying to sneak in a quick gaming session during your lunch break, then FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster and FINAL FANTASY X-2 HD Remaster will be available separately for PS VITA.

Final Fantasy fans will be excited to know that they’re not just getting a mind-blowingly beautifully HD version of the game they love, oh no! Both games are based on the International version, which is the most complete, feature-heavy iteration of each game to release. The International version of FINAL FANTASY X-2 never made it to European shores before, so there’s quite a chunk of additional content for you to dive into!

The International version of FINAL FANTASY X introduces an Expert version of the Sphere Grid in which all the characters start in the middle and you can choose any path… but there are fewer nodes and therefore a decrease in the number of upgrades available – challenging indeed! This edition also includes new abilities, new superbosses (Dark Aeons and Penance), and more.

FINAL FANTASY X-2 is also getting the International treatment, high definition graphics and more content than I can list! But you’ll have to wait a little bit longer until we reveal the full list of enhancements and extra features.

So all in all that’s pretty great stuff, huh? We know you’ve been eager to hear more so let me leave you with the exciting news that you’ll be getting a trailer on March 25 – make sure to pop back here then!

Got any questions? Feel free to leave them in the comments and we’ll answer what we can. For the latest news on FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook."

Japanese Website www.jp.square-enix.com/ffx_x-2HD/

FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster Announcement Trailer www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvwfH6W7DGs

The International Content of FFX|X-2 HD www.finalfantasy.net/x/international-con...

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Trailer Leaks Out Ahead Of Schedule www.siliconera.com/2013/03/24/final-fant...

Trailer - Official Release www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km1TpWMhZdE

Correct me if i'm wrong, i saw the FFX/X-2 HD trailer, it will work for PS Vita and PS3 (if i've understand).

What about an Xbox 360 version?

Ben Bateman: "For those of you who love to lounge around at home with your PlayStation 3 and a big telly, you’ll get both FINAL FANTASY X and X-2 bundled together on one disc, called FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster. If however you find yourself always on the go, trying to sneak in a quick gaming session during your lunch break, then FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster and FINAL FANTASY X-2 HD Remaster will be available separately for PS VITA."

Unfortunately, there are no current plans for an Xbox 360 version.

Originally Posted by Grimoire

Ben Bateman: "For those of you who love to lounge around at home with your PlayStation 3 and a big telly, you’ll get both FINAL FANTASY X and X-2 bundled together on one disc, called FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster. If however you find yourself always on the go, trying to sneak in a quick gaming session during your lunch break, then FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster and FINAL FANTASY X-2 HD Remaster will be available separately for PS VITA."

Unfortunately, there are no current plans for an Xbox 360 version.

Ok now i'm a bit sad.....

All of this juicy info, and yet still no release date.

"Don't you run away from me!"

"You're the one running."

So the PS3 gets both X and X-2 on one disc but for vita its being sold seperately? So is cross buy not going to be available?

FFX/X-2 HD Split For Vita, 70% Complete www.finalfantasy.net/x/ffxx2-hd-split-vi...

Did not know about the International version coming with these remasters....

Insta-order!

Is there any hope of a cross buy option where I can buy it for my PS3 and get a downloaded copy for my Vita (like Playstation Allstars Battle Royale and Sly Cooper Theives in Time)?

Not for the time being.

Awesome pic GRIMOIRE thanks!!

There is no need to thank me. I am just keeping an eye out, that's all. ^_-

www.finalfantasy.net/vii/lightning-retur... "Kitase and Toriyama were also asked about any developments with Final Fantasy Versus XIII and a Final Fantasy Type-0 localization, but responded that since they are not on the team working on those games, they could not comment. When asked about other HD remakes or the possibility of a Final Fantasy VII remake, Kitase responded that through working on Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD, it will give them experience for other attempts. He implies there are currently no plans for a remake. The team also hasn't made a decision on a Collector's Edition for Final Fantasy X|X-2, but asked for fans to be patient for more information."

This rerelease is pretty exciting since I never got to play the earlier games. I started with XII. But I really dont like the idea of having to buy a separate game for my Vita. The whole appeal of the Vita was that I could buy one game and continue gameplay when I was away from the PS3. I'd buy all the old games if they would HD them and bundle the PS3/PS Vita together.

Most of us don't give a chocobo's dump about FFX-2. But I speak for all of us when I say that we want a actual release date. Please make it June and not December, please Square???

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last