Thread: Praetorians MP demo will not run on ATI AIW 9700?

Praetorians MP demo will not run on ATI AIW 9700?

Praetorians MP demo will not run on ATI AIW 9700?

Does anyone run the game on the above mentioned video card?

I start the demo, set up a game against computer. The map and graphics are loaded, I see my units, I can move for 1-2 second, and then everything freezes.

system specs:
    Win xp pro
    Athlon xp 2100+
    512 MB ddr ram
    ATI AIW Radeon 9700 pro , 128 MB
    Omega 2.3.92 drivers (based on Catalyst 3.1)
    soundbalster live value
    DirectX 9

Anyone has any ideas solutions?

any help and sugestion is much apreciated.
    N.

Smile Help.

Change you video drivers.

Smile Future.

Buy intel and nvidia in the future. Better drivers and you have very little problems with all types of games. May be a little slower but you will have less problems.

still nothing

I tried it with catalyst 3.1 before I posted the message, same thing.

intel: way overpriced

nVidia: does not have any good card with TV tuner.

I am quite happy with my current gear, not going to change it just to play 1 game.

It is the developers duty to make its product run on the top products that are on the market.
    If not, they will not get my $$

Does anyone run this game on an ati 9700 vid card?

Thumbs Up Help

try older driver?

ati aiw 9700, demo locks up

Still nothing. I tried sp demo, mp demo. same thing. It keeps locking up. Does anyone play this game on the video card mentioned in the subject? It took a while untill I installed catalyst 3.1 drivers and tweaked it for best performance with other games, I dont want to install catalyst 3.0 just tu find out that id did not help at all...

anyone?

I have a Radeon 9700pro 128mb using 6.14 drivers and both demos are working fine.

Try searching www.rage3d.com for help with driver problems and the ATI cards. Whenever I have a problem somebody here has almost always got the same thing or found a solution.