Thread: Your overall opinion

Your overall opinion

  1. #76

    ^Kudos! Yous a baws. :P

  2. #77
    wow ty ive been a fan since 8 bit ty so much square !!!

  3. #78
    Originally Posted by imported_Michael
    ^Kudos! Yous a baws. :P
    please help me i have a bug, i can't back to the castle avalon (i ve finish the game)

  4. #79

    Originally Posted by imported_Michael


    ^Kudos! Yous a baws. :P




  5. #80

    Originally Posted by imported_Michael


    ^Kudos! Yous a baws. :P

    Hahaha, thank you. :P I paid quite close attention to the games and to the various extra materials, so I try to clerar up confusion wherever I can.

  6. #81


    opinion of the xiii series, in one word, GARBAGE!

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Although Final Fantasy XIII is one of the only games I've played in the series, it has still been fantastic. A responsive and well organized combat system, extensive leveling options, and compelling story round the game out nicely. Though Hope gets really annoying, really quickly. Like really freaking annoying.

  8. #83
    Originally Posted by blackluster117
    Although Final Fantasy XIII is one of the only games I've played in the series, it has still been fantastic. A responsive and well organized combat system, extensive leveling options, and compelling story round the game out nicely. Though Hope gets really annoying, really quickly. Like really freaking annoying.
    XIII was ok in my opinion but the have better ones. My favorite is FFX & FFXII i put well over a 100hrs in each game and still play i started playing VII and i am loving the game and i also liked crisis core even tho it is not one of the main ones

  9. #84
    Originally Posted by bigtakilla
    opinion of the xiii series, in one word, GARBAGE!
    ^ this.

  10. #85
    Is this a Final Fantasy? No, this is a PS3 tech demo.

    That FF7 Opening you saw back in 2005? THAT was a Final Fantasy.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Ipswich (UK)
    Posts
    924
    Originally Posted by DarkTiamatZERO
    Is this a Final Fantasy? No, this is a PS3 tech demo.

    That FF7 Opening you saw back in 2005? THAT was a Final Fantasy.
    Why you resurrected this old argument after 4 months of inactivity is beyond me, I gather you like pulling off scabs and salting the wound don't you?! lol.

    I think peoples gripes about XIII was the linear way it played, but that doesn't make it any less of a FF title, it's still got the FF feel with similar mobs etc, you still level and get new gear. The story was what mattered to me and as always with FF games it drew me in regardless of the linear gameplay.

    I'll probably get flamed for this next comment but I think most would agree that the reason the game was so linear was because they had to cut out great chunks of the content to make it work on the Xbox and that still took up 3 discs which were compressed to the max. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Final Fantasy getting out to the masses on any format but it shouldn't be at the expense of the game content being stripped away.

  12. #87
    I remember in one of his interviews, Yoshinori Kitase mentioned that they had never planned on using the "RPG Template" for FF13. He said they were hoping to create a new genre. So, where does that leave the RPG lovers? It leaves them shaking their heads while holding their arms up in the air.

  13. #88
    If you go on what RPG means, as in a Role Playing Game, then XIII is exactly that. You take on the role of a set of characters and go on a quest to save the world, whats not RPG about that?! It may not follow the same template as previous Final Fantasy games but it's still an RPG.

  14. #89
    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    If you go on what RPG means, as in a Role Playing Game, then XIII is exactly that. You take on the role of a set of characters and go on a quest to save the world, whats not RPG about that?! It may not follow the same template as previous Final Fantasy games but it's still an RPG.
    With that definition, every game is an RPG...

  15. #90
    All people have to do is play the first nine numbered titles. Then, play everything after them. After that, they 'should' understand why so many fans are a little disappointed.

    Replace the guns with swords and magic, and remove co-op in the "Call of Duty" games. Then, listen to the developers talk about how they wanted to "try new things", and "create a new genre". Listen to them talk about "change" and "innovation" after that. It sounds pretty "out there" and really stupid, doesn't it? Well, now you know how people like myself feel.

  16. #91
    Originally Posted by Mad_Angel
    With that definition, every game is an RPG...
    Ok to elaborate further a lot of complaints is the ATB system of past titles not being present in FFXIII but it is still there, you still have to wait to attack. Another complaint is that you don't directly control the entire party but where is it stated that's a necessity for an RPG?

    I should have probably said JRPG where you take on the role of crazy haired and costumed characters to save the world

    Yes the format may have changed but it's still firmly got it's roots in the FF universe. If the fans were truly disappointed then it wouldn't have sold so many copies and spawned 2 sequels and you can't say it's just SE forcing sequels down our necks, if it wasn't selling then they wouldn't make it.

    Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinions but for me it's a bit like Metallica, a lot of people hate the St Anger album but for me I will agree it's not the best but I don't dislike it because it's still Metallica. In the same way I don't dislike FFXIII, it may not be the best of the series but it's Final Fantasy

  17. #92
    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    Ok to elaborate further a lot of complaints is the ATB system of past titles not being present in FFXIII but it is still there, you still have to wait to attack. Another complaint is that you don't directly control the entire party but where is it stated that's a necessity for an RPG?
    Well, not really.
    People complain because the game is very linear, the story makes no sense, there are no towns, the characters are annoying, the villains are laughable, all equipment is useless, character progression is fixed, 30 hours tutorial, ...

    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    I should have probably said JRPG where you take on the role of crazy haired and costumed characters to save the world
    Honestly, with the massification of RPG-elements in other game genres, it is now harder than ever to define "what is an RPG". Yet, I associate RPG with freedom and choice:
    Freedom to explore the world at my own pace.
    Freedom to evolve and level up characters as I please, making each party element unique.
    Different weapons/equipment to choose from and see how they change the way characters look and behave.
    Many optional side-quest to choose from and be rewarded with awesome items for finishing them.

    Unfortunately, FFXIII offered player neither freedom nor choice. Thus, to me, it is not an RPG.

    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    Yes the format may have changed but it's still firmly got it's roots in the FF universe. If the fans were truly disappointed then it wouldn't have sold so many copies and spawned 2 sequels and you can't say it's just SE forcing sequels down our necks, if it wasn't selling then they wouldn't make it.
    FFXIII-2 sold less then half of FFXIII, so I wouldn't conclude fans wanted another game set in the XIII universe. IMO, these 2 sequels only exists because they are really cheap to make...

    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinions but for me it's a bit like Metallica, a lot of people hate the St Anger album but for me I will agree it's not the best but I don't dislike it because it's still Metallica. In the same way I don't dislike FFXIII, it may not be the best of the series but it's Final Fantasy
    And that is the problem. I can't like a game, or an album, or a movie a priori just because it is from a franchise or an artist that I'm fan of.
    FF fans can't be acritical. If something is wrong we should make our voices heard so that SE realizes how they may improve in the future, believing that SE listen. If they don't, well... what can we do about that?

  18. #93
    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2

    If the fans were truly disappointed then it wouldn't have sold so many copies and spawned 2 sequels and you can't say it's just SE forcing sequels down our necks, if it wasn't selling then they wouldn't make it.
    Well, a lot of us have kept purchasing the games with the hopes of SE showing some love for the older fans. So, the "Sales" argument doesn't really work here. Personally, I want SE to continue to develop FF games. It would just be nice to see some games developed at least 'closely' to what got me into the series in the 1st place. I was loving the series from 1990 to 2000. Then, BAM! A sudden change, and the series has been very 'shifty' ever since. They've made the kinds of changes that 'failing' companies make after a few unsuccessful titles.

  19. #94
    Haters gonna hate, don't like it, don't buy it. I like it, I'll buy it, simples

  20. #95
    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    Haters gonna hate, don't like it, don't buy it. I like it, I'll buy it, simples
    LOL that is the way to go: If you can't counter argue, then say "Haters gonna hate". So cliché...

  21. #96
    Originally Posted by Mad_Angel
    LOL that is the way to go: If you can't counter argue, then say "Haters gonna hate". So cliché...
    What's to argue? Everyone has their opinions but as per a lot of the replies on this thread already, to say FFXIII is not Final Fantasy is silly, to say you don't like it or don't like the direction the series has gone in is fair enough but the bottom line is this is Final Fantasy, just not one you obviously enjoy yourself.

    What's the point in arguing further? It's a game, no one is going to die because it no longer has what you may consider as a necessity to make it a RPG.

    So in closing I'll repeat myself, if you don't like it then don't buy it.

  22. #97
    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    What's to argue? (...) What's the point in arguing further?
    That was my point: If you have nothing to add, just don't reply. Your previous comment (calling people haters) is extremely disrespecting and only fuels negativity towards an already sensitive topic.

  23. #98
    I didn't specifically call anyone a hater, it was merely a comment that there is a lot of hate towards this game and people that hate are going to do everything they possibly can to confirm their hate towards something. Also you have also just done a double negative yourself by saying
    If you have nothing to add, just don't reply
    so what is that if not fueling negativity in itself?

    Again I will reiterate previous comments from other posters that the OP of this thread was saying that FFXIII is not Final Fantasy but this game IS Final Fantasy regardless to anyones preference to what makes an RPG, regardless to changes to the games system and regardless to the direction the series of games may have gone or is going to.

    I will say no more on the subject and if you consider that a win for yourself that I will not respond further then that's nice for you, enjoy your 'win'.
    Last edited by Hippy_Pickle2; 3rd Oct 2013 at 09:07.

  24. #99
    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    I didn't specifically call anyone a hater, it was merely a comment that there is a lot of hate towards this game and people that hate are going to do everything they possibly can to confirm their hate towards something.
    Not specifically but you did call anyone who doesn't share your opinion on the subject a hater.

    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    Also you have also just done a double negative yourself by saying so what is that if not fueling negativity in itself?
    BTW, a "double negative" occurs when two forms of negation are used in the same sentence. I don't see how that applies to that specific sentence or to what I said in my previous post...

    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    Again I will reiterate previous comments from other posters that the OP of this thread was saying that FFXIII is not Final Fantasy but this game IS Final Fantasy regardless to anyones preference to what makes an RPG, regardless to changes to the games system and regardless to the direction the series of games may have gone or is going to.
    So let me distill your argument: "Final Fantasy XIII is a Final Fantasy because I said so. I don't care for other's opinions or different arguments on what makes a game an RPG because FFXIII is axiomatically a Final Fantasy. That is final. No further discussion. If you disagree with me you're an hater."
    Whatever floats your boat, dude.

    Originally Posted by Hippy_Pickle2
    I will say no more on the subject and if you consider that a win for yourself that I will not respond further then that's nice for you, enjoy your 'win'.
    Sigh... again, very mature. Arguing is not about winning. It's about building a coherent speech that helps others understand what you believe in and why. If you can't do that, well then you lost. But no one won.

  25. #100
    There are people who loved everything, or dang near everything, about the series for 10 to 14 years before the major changes started. So, it's only natural for them to be upset with SE these days.

    FF10 made me a little nervous because of how extra-linear it was compared to the previous titles. But, I did give Squaresoft some credit for adding voices to the series. And, they did do a good job with what they had set out to accomplish. But, I NEVER thought that FF9 would be the last time I'd see that world-design I'd loved for 10 years. And now, with FF15 around the corner looking a little "Devil May Cryish".... It just makes me feel a little sad.

    SE owns "Final Fantasy". So, they can place that title on any game they make. Well, all I can say to that is I loved what they did for 10 years. I never had any serious issues with any of their games during that period. They were the Kings, and I was their loyal follower. Then, they started to change and eliminate things. I haven't been the same since.

Page 4 of 5 First First 12345 Last