Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: FF6 Remake?

FF6 Remake?

Final Fantasy V-VI: 3DS Remake

I was just curious if anyone else heards about the remake of VI and V for the 3DS?

I loved V, but honestly I'd be so excited to go around in magitech armor in 3d, save espers, and hear that psychotic laugh again, as long as it wasn't femmie XD

I would love to see a remake of them for the 3DS, never heard anything about it, but maybe it is true. But they have already been remade several times over already.. But guess we'll find out later

No, but a little bird told me that FFIII DS was being ported to the PSP.

Haven't heard of anything like this, but I'd be more than happy to pick it up. It would be a good excuse to play through FFVI again.

I thought that we would be hearing about V getting a remake at E3 but apparently not. Hopefully, we'll be getting a remake this year and a remake for VI on its 20th anniversary.

i heard the same rumor a long time ago while searching for versus info. Both V and VI were to be released on 3DS, though i havent seen anything more recent about it that looks legit. VI is one of the best FF series to me, i would love to see what they could do with some of the storyline scenes, shadow, Terra, and Kefka would be great to see in the modern graphics SE can provide.

Well you could buy VI from the PSN and port it to your PSP/V. It's still the classic game but it's still great.

agreed

FF6 Remake?

Simple enough question here, if they were to re-release Final Fantasy VI, would you prefer a remaster like Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection, or a 3D remake like Final Fantasy IV DS? I will assume the later would be for 3DS simply because they admitted they were talking of remaking V and VI but couldn't due to the limits of DS, and were eyeing up 3DS.

I would prefer a High-Res remix, simply because I do not like Square Enix's voice acting, particularly for budget handheld releases, I think it would kill the vibe. It would feel like Dissidia to me. I also reaaaallly rate FFIVs latest (and hopefully final) remake.

What about you?

Both.

I would prefer either a High Res remix, or a full Console remake. My problem with Final Fantasy III and IV DS was that I feel it failed to incorporate the seriousness of the story by presenting in bobble-head 3D graphics. I understand the intention to hark to the sprites, but the 2D sprites did a much better job of feeling real, and serious. Especially in Final Fantasy VI, where emotions became very well expressed by the sprites. Looking over shoulders, looking down, crouching. Moving to 3D opens a can of worms, because you are introducing more detail. You have to make the most of the method you choose, and if you pick to go 3D, you need to either you do it to it's fullest, or not at all. Making the technique an effective story telling feature is important, and it can't compromise the look and feel of the original. Final Fantasy is known for doing the best of it's time. By creating Final Fantasy IV the way they did visually, I felt like it not only lost its seriousness because of the goofy visuals, but also didn't do the sprites justice by taking full advantage of what 3D graphics has to offer. I think the point where expression of character started to shine was with Final Fantasy VIII and later. By incorporating CGI scenes with beautifully rendered and realistic characters, I think it's only fair the 3D graphics mimic a realistic body shape.

Please, Square, when the day comes to re-make Final Fantasy VI, I implore you to take it to a higher level, and keep the dark, serious nature of the story by representing the characters in a realistic way. VI was my first Final Fantasy, and though many of us have high expectations, it's only because the standard started so high.

If I were to re-make FFVI in 3D, I loved the design of the game so much, I would almost completely make it match exactly the same as it was in 2D, down to the exact same layout of houses and the like, only making the characters FFVIII quality or better, and enhancing the details to beautiful and grungy HD, but preserving the original colors, mood, design, everything that makes the setting, story, and feeling what it is.

I Would Say Both.

I'd be perfectly fine with a 2D remaster, although I think going the Chrono Trigger route would be better than "upgrading" ala FFI, II, and IV PSP. I think a faithful port with full sound and extras intact, plus the PSone bonuses would make for a better reissue. VI's graphics are beautiful and have a very distinct style that I don't think graphical upscaling would manage to keep.

A 3D remake would make more sense- although I echo previous sentiments that it would be a poor decision to model it after III and IV DS. Rather, I'd like to see something of Dissidia quality. I think for them to be able to pull VI off in 3D, they'd have to make smart decisions with the voice acting and audio presentation; it'd be such a waste for them to upscale the graphics to 3D for the Opera to be "hummed" as it is in the SNES/GBA games, if that makes sense.

Originally Posted by imported_Summoner

Well you could buy VI from the PSN and port it to your PSP/V. It's still the classic game but it's still great.

True. On the PS3/PSN, as an added bonus, I have yet to encounter any real lag that the PSone disc presented. The sound is unfortunately still nerfed though.

I have not personally played 6 yet. But from many people, I have heard that it is the best in the series. I would really like to play it the first time with 3D graphics and good voice acting, but it depends on how long they take in remaking it.

3D remake with no bobble heads

I have it on multiple platforms already. I was just trying to confirm or end some of the stories I've heard around the net.

2D remake is the safest way to remain consistent with the original but i will dream big! i want Agni's Philosophy visuals.

The presentation is stunning! No bobble heads! No puppet show! No flat textures!

Considering the 3ds's capabilities compared to the original DS, I would say a 3d overhaul would be the way to go. As long as they don't go with the light, cartoonish-looking graphics they used in III and IV's remakes, I could see it working really well.

My worry is that it would end up like Dissidia. Good visuals, marred by below standard voice acting and limited vision.

Originally Posted by Jackstin

My worry is that it would end up like Dissidia. Good visuals, marred by below standard voice acting and limited vision.

When someone ask for Dissidia visuals, they usually mean that they want a full proportioned characters and world. To me, at this point Dissidia or even a XIII/XIII-2 is as cartoony/stylized as bobble heads. That is why i will stick with Agni's Philosophy visuals.

I'll take a high-resolution 2D remanstering. The graphics won't look as out of date the that way in a decade or so.

Originally Posted by Pikachu

I'll take a high-resolution 2D remanstering. The graphics won't look as out of date the that way in a decade or so.

Given the 2D FF game is "still images" unlike Mana or Chrono then i bet many will consider them outdated even among 2D games. I know people call 2D FF remakes as RPG maker games.

I personally would prefer a 3D remake like what was done with IV. I thought the remake of IV was absolutely fantastic. IV had been my absolute favorite game growing up from the time I was about four years old, until FF VII & LoZ: Ocarina of Time, and then it was a three-way tie. I felt like the remake was reliving an old story with dear old friends, but that I was getting to see them in a way I never thought I would. It was honestly magical to me.

Personally, I think it would be absolutely amazing if they did that with VI.

Originally Posted by Matdredalia

I personally would prefer a 3D remake like what was done with IV. I thought the remake of IV was absolutely fantastic. IV had been my absolute favorite game growing up from the time I was about four years old, until FF VII & LoZ: Ocarina of Time, and then it was a three-way tie. I felt like the remake was reliving an old story with dear old friends, but that I was getting to see them in a way I never thought I would. It was honestly magical to me.

Personally, I think it would be absolutely amazing if they did that with VI.

Likewise, I am one who did love the bobblehead/graphical style of III and IV DS, I feel it fit with the graphical style of those 2 originally, and even IX used bobblehead type characters as a throwback to the older titles.

And even then, the 3DS is more powerful than the DS, so V/VI remakes would look better.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last