Thread: FF6 Remake?

FF6 Remake?

Originally Posted by Tiael

Originally Posted by Matdredalia

I personally would prefer a 3D remake like what was done with IV. I thought the remake of IV was absolutely fantastic. IV had been my absolute favorite game growing up from the time I was about four years old, until FF VII & LoZ: Ocarina of Time, and then it was a three-way tie. I felt like the remake was reliving an old story with dear old friends, but that I was getting to see them in a way I never thought I would. It was honestly magical to me.

Personally, I think it would be absolutely amazing if they did that with VI.

Likewise, I am one who did love the bobblehead/graphical style of III and IV DS, I feel it fit with the graphical style of those 2 originally, and even IX used bobblehead type characters as a throwback to the older titles.

And even then, the 3DS is more powerful than the DS, so V/VI remakes would look better.

Actually, the bobblehead started with FF7 not FF9, the towns and area looks even more miniaturized/chibi than it is with FF9 and NPCs designed with bobbleheads from get to go.

Originally Posted by Faisal

Originally Posted by Tiael

Originally Posted by Matdredalia

I personally would prefer a 3D remake like what was done with IV. I thought the remake of IV was absolutely fantastic. IV had been my absolute favorite game growing up from the time I was about four years old, until FF VII & LoZ: Ocarina of Time, and then it was a three-way tie. I felt like the remake was reliving an old story with dear old friends, but that I was getting to see them in a way I never thought I would. It was honestly magical to me.

Personally, I think it would be absolutely amazing if they did that with VI.

Likewise, I am one who did love the bobblehead/graphical style of III and IV DS, I feel it fit with the graphical style of those 2 originally, and even IX used bobblehead type characters as a throwback to the older titles.

And even then, the 3DS is more powerful than the DS, so V/VI remakes would look better.

Actually, the bobblehead started with FF7 not FF9, the towns and area looks even more miniaturized/chibi than it is with FF9 and NPCs designed with bobbleheads from get to go.

I know, but going from the realistically proportioned characters of VIII to the ones in IX was a throwback to the earlier titles is what I was referring to.

I also liked the bobble head type graphics, but as you know, I don't feel much effort went into FFIV DSs visuals. To me FFIXs character models looked better, because they were more detailed.

Well, I'd expect V and VI 3DS if it were to happen to look more detailed than III and IV DS.

I can expect them doing well with either 2D or 3D. As long as they upgrade the 2D cells or 3D models.

I still don't know how I'd feel about VI's 2D artwork altered to look like I/II/IV PSP. They look fine in those games, as they would in V, but VI has such a distinct aesthetic. I'd rather they keep the graphics and just sharpen them if need be.

Actually, it would be best if the remake got graphic like those of FFX or better. Just think about it. It would be awesome.

Still, it should be done better than what they did on Dissidia (especially considering Kefka's voice and costumes).

Now... since making such thing would take much more work than making a new final fantasy game for the series, be sure that it wont happen.

A 2D remaster with some additional material would be the best.

I could talk about this forever...

I would be fine with either 2D or 3D. Except, I would rather it not be on the 3DS at all. I love my 3DS, but it doesn't have the screen to do 2D it's greatest justice. High resolution sprites are just unmatched. And 3D added on wouldn't do much for it anyway and would just be gimmicky for a remake of a 2D game. And it's not powerful enough to really do justice in 3D, for me at least.

So I'd either want a full 2D remake, in the vein of all the PSP remakes of I, II and IV: Complete on the PlayStation Vita (on that OLED screen... oh my...) or a full remake on next generation consoles. Preferably exclusive to PS4, but I'd doubt that at this point.

I also have worry that they'd ruin it. There are parts that would be hard to do in 3D. Like the opera scene... even simple things, like the underwater stuff, and the raft on the river. How on earth could they redo this in 3D? :/ Would it even be worth it? Do they even have the talent to pull it off?

My greatest wish for Terra, is to FINALLY see her transform into her Esper form in CG. I really hoped Dissidia would have done it, and the first sequence of Dissidia seemed to be going that way. But no, Terra activates a trap and the boys come in to save her. Instead of what I thought would happen, her flying out of there transformed in her Esper form to kick some butt. smh, missed opportunity if there ever was one.

Which of course doesn't lend well to a 2D game... but a 3D remake seems so impossible. And if it 's anything like FFIII and FFIV DS then I will throw myself off a cliff to kill myself. Unlike Celes, I won't survive. That would break my heart, because the DS remakes are terrible.

Originally Posted by Coddlefish

I still don't know how I'd feel about VI's 2D artwork altered to look like I/II/IV PSP. They look fine in those games, as they would in V, but VI has such a distinct aesthetic. I'd rather they keep the graphics and just sharpen them if need be.

What's the issue? They wouldn't look *EXACTLY* like those games, because FFVI is different, but those remakes are great. And they'd clearly use different art design, but the same general 'feel' as those games. I don't see it as an issue.

I'd hate it on 3DS tbh.

And based on everything I've seen, it's simply been the assumption.

Originally Posted by Elvick

What's the issue? They wouldn't look *EXACTLY* like those games, because FFVI is different, but those remakes are great. And they'd clearly use different art design, but the same general 'feel' as those games. I don't see it as an issue.

Oh see, I disagree there. I think VI is very distinct and I don't think that kind of graphical upscale would be beneficial; there's something very RPG-maker about the redone graphics in I/II/IV that I don't think would translate over well. I think it'd be an interesting venture, and I'm not against them doing something with VI, but I think a Chrono Trigger DS-style port would be better. That's all. I'm willing to be proven wrong though.

I wish it was true. I don't mind V, but I really want to play VI over and over again. It is just the best one.

I would love a version that incorporates the SNES or PSX 2-D graphics and sound, the speed of the SNES version, and the extras of the Gameboy Advance version. I would just hope they could release it on the consoles so that it could be played on a TV, and not just a handheld's small screen. I feel like that would put the best of the best all in one package.

I would like to see a remake useing the source files from the GC vids off the PS1 disks.. just not as grainey. Improved graphics of course to fit what system it will be on. I agree it shouldn't look like the FFIII and IV DS "bobble head" ports cuz that just made its replay value not so high for me. I went back the Famicon/NES and PS1 versions afterwards. Also i didnt care so much for the updated FF I and II graphics eaither but the story kept it interesting to replay.

I didnt like the new addictions from the GBA game tho.. so keep those out X(

I have all the iterations of FFVI and i still play my SNES version the most (probly cuz it was faster, the spells werent renamed for "ja" and "ga" spells, and the dialouge was funnier imo).

A 3DS port can be made of the game but the 2D sprites would look funky since the battlescreen layout would screw that up somewhat. Mabey create the game w/ the updated graphics and when ya finish it have the SNES port (true port..sprite based and w/ original text) as a unlock or sumthing. If it were to be made for a console the same concept can be done aswell.

I've been waiting for this to come on itunes. my most cherished rpg of all time.

Best FF in my opinion, totally deserves a remake even though having it portable on my GBA was a blessing also. Greatest aoundtrack ever also!!!

Hi-Res graphics? I think VI would do well if it was given the Odin Sphere/Muramasa/etc kind of hi-res upgrade. Enough detail to keep it distinct, possibly render the Amano-San take to each character and keeping it 2D.

If they wanna remake it in that style, graphic wise, they might aswell just redo it how they pulled off the 1/2 versions on PSP tbh. Not saying the graphice were horrible for those games or anything its just that it wouldnt fit as for a FF title.... atleast to me.

I can see using "Star Oceans" graphics (PS2/3 Versions) only becuase graphicly in 3D it would more then likely still keep the feel for the game. Its also probly the closest i can come up w/ on the top of my head to what the 3DS could handle. Vita would more then likely handle the PS3 grade graphics or atleast close to it. Console versions would be PS3/360/Wii(U) quality ofcourse.

Theres probly other RPG graphic styles that would end up fitting alot better but i dont wanna see a 2D sprite on a 3D based background. It would lose the feel of the game.

Man all this talk im diggin my copy back out and playing it again XD

Originally Posted by Faisal

Originally Posted by Jackstin

My worry is that it would end up like Dissidia. Good visuals, marred by below standard voice acting and limited vision.

When someone ask for Dissidia visuals, they usually mean that they want a full proportioned characters and world. To me, at this point Dissidia or even a XIII/XIII-2 is as cartoony/stylized as bobble heads. That is why i will stick with Agni's Philosophy visuals.

A FFVI remake with the graphics of Agni's Philosophy for next gen would be WONDEROUS, though I would wonder if anything like that is even possible. I'm still on the fence in believing such a large world can be created using those graphics. The usual logical belief is that the more better the HD graphics are, the more money and time it takes to render them = streamlining production, cutting the size of content(explorable world, monsters, NPCs), and for the most part, this HAS been true(the current generation is proof of that, given that Versus is said to be aiming for a large explorable world, and is taking FOREVER to be developed). If it takes much more detail for the NEXT gen, I would think it would take LONGER to develop something the size of FFVI's world(or worlds, given both World of Balance AND World of Ruin would have be rendered). And to be quite blunt, I have intentions in playing a beautiful remake of FFVI if it means linear corridors galore.

Any remake would be great.

I believe that Square-Enix sees Final Fantasy VI as a huge money maker and will eventually build a remastered game on many platforms. They were very successful with Final Fantasy IV when it hit the portable platforms and I am on the edge of my seat for the remake of Final Fantasy VI. I can just envision how the game would entail every characters' part, the dramatic change of the world by the goddess statues, the espers, and the malevolent Kefka. Not to mention the remake of the Ultima Weapon (the sword) !!

Well considering they released FF1 to 4 on iOS and already announced that 5 will follow, I expect 6 to be released after that. Hopefully a new version with new sprites.

I prefer to see high res 2D in PS Vita or PSP. I really dissappointed in the remake of FF3 and FF4 in 3D because the character is chibi look like.

I hope they remake it in PSP or PSVita with 2D high resolution, bonus dungeon, FMV from anthology, and script from advance version

Would you like to see this? SE is going to show a new game for the Wii U at PAX east (Boston, MA March 22-24, 2013). There is also the Game Developers Conference (March 25-29, 2013) coming up.

So, what new games from SE would you like to see?

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last