Thread: Square Enix Members 2012 Rewards Questions Thread

Square Enix Members 2012 Rewards Questions Thread

Wow! Great looking rewards and I'm shocked that we get to see them so early!

But what are the tier amounts? I still don't see that.

what are the tier points and i have -435 pts or something. Can anyone answer the questions?

Come on Square. I own over 150 over your titles. I own your very first game and many highly sought after titles. Please post the requirements for tiers. I have 1250 right now yet I cant tell what tier I am. Stop being lazy.

Don't worry we'll have the tier values up soon. Though I'd be very surprised if with 1250 YTD points you weren't eligible for Ultimate...

Do monthly subscription payments for FFXI and FFXIV count towards this?

And once again, it appears that I have totally killed a thread.

SE: One of the prizes is FFXIV related. Do your FFXIV paying customers get any rewards points????

Purchasing a copy of FINAL FANTASY XI, or FINAL FANTASY XIV provides a code that you can register for points. Subscriber monthly payments do not come with a registration code and don't provide points. This has been true since the beginning of the program.

Likewise if you purchase the new FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin Expansion, this comes with a code as well.

I created my account today to register all my games I've collected over time for the 2012 rewards. A few hours ago I was up to 700 points having registered 13 games for Square Enix. I just logged in again and I'm down to 50 points and all my games are unregistered and to make matters worse, I threw out half of my codes. What happened here?

... Why would you throw out your codes? They should always be left in the game cover in

case these types of issues happen. But I've never heard of that happening to anyone

before though so IDK.

Meh, my thought process was "Square Enix accepted the registration. The codes can no longer be used again. And the rewards end on the 19th so they will be used up and worthless after that." Never have I been so wrong. haha Anywho, I looked at some other forums and apparently it was a case of a second account opening in the same user name that overlapped. I got one account closed so I got my points back... Now I just need to know how many more games I need to buy to get that ultimate level.

Originally Posted by TJF588
    All I know is, there should be a way to get points from digital purchases. The PSP is nigh dead at retail, consoles and handhelds are also embracing digital distribution, the ready access of Steam...

I'd love to get SQEX swag, but I'm just not buying your stuff in the brick and mortar much.
    Here's the thing... in North America, Tomb Raider on PC wasn't sold as a physical copy in stores! So my only choice was to buy it digitally on Steam! It was pretty disappointing, especially because this also meant no collector's edition!

I hate to add fuel... but, this is rediculous. Still no word on point qualifications? the fact that you are using the silver, gold and platinum scale in the video is quite frankly a little bit annoying as there is no representation that correlates to this on the user page. As always, the prizes are great and I look forward to and hope many people enjoy them. But, once again the way the year end prizes are being handled is horrible. I would think at the very least you could provide us with a date other than "soon" as to when you will release the info regarding how many points qualifies for each tier. Only HINTING that 1250 points MAY secure your FF14 artwork.

Again, I dont just mean to rant. I am a huge supporter of square enix products, games, events and... plushes. I will continue to do business with your great company. I just want you to know from a fan of over 10 years, your level of dissapointment in handling your square enix members promotions is once again a let down.

Originally Posted by imported_sam

I created my account today to register all my games I've collected over time for the 2012 rewards. A few hours ago I was up to 700 points having registered 13 games for Square Enix. I just logged in again and I'm down to 50 points and all my games are unregistered and to make matters worse, I threw out half of my codes. What happened here?

It sounds like instead of simply logging in, you created a separate account that overrode your current one. Please contact our customer service to see if they can help you confirm your appropriate account.

support.na.square-enix.com/

Originally Posted by imported_Alex

I hate to add fuel... but, this is rediculous. Still no word on point qualifications? the fact that you are using the silver, gold and platinum scale in the video is quite frankly a little bit annoying as there is no representation that correlates to this on the user page. As always, the prizes are great and I look forward to and hope many people enjoy them. But, once again the way the year end prizes are being handled is horrible. I would think at the very least you could provide us with a date other than "soon" as to when you will release the info regarding how many points qualifies for each tier. Only HINTING that 1250 points MAY secure your FF14 artwork.

Again, I dont just mean to rant. I am a huge supporter of square enix products, games, events and... plushes. I will continue to do business with your great company. I just want you to know from a fan of over 10 years, your level of dissapointment in handling your square enix members promotions is once again a let down.

We say soon, because its not our intention to announce the announcement. When the information is ready to provide, that moment is when we will provide it. I understand your frustration, but I cannot provide info before its ready.

You can be sure to know the point values before the game registration deadline.

Originally Posted by Robert Peeler
    Purchasing a copy of FINAL FANTASY XI, or FINAL FANTASY XIV provides a code that you can register for points. Subscriber monthly payments do not come with a registration code and don't provide points. This has been true since the beginning of the program.

Likewise if you purchase the new FINAL FANTASY XI: Seekers of Adoulin Expansion, this comes with a code as well.
    I didn't get a code for Final Fantasy XI. I have purchased 3 of these over the years, brandnew.

We say soon, because its not our intention to announce the announcement. When the information is ready to provide, that moment is when we will provide it. I understand your frustration, but I cannot provide info before its ready.

Thank you for your reply and for providing a more substantial time frame.

I have not purchased Final Fantasy XIV yet, didn't know I could actually. And as far as Final Fantasy XI, my PS2 caught on fire and haven't bought another one. I tried to log into my account at one point and it wouldn't accept my debit card. I tried to resolve that matter and didn't get anywhere with it, so I haven't played since. I only have one copy of Final Fantasy XI and have looked everywhere for the code, but no luck. Thanks for the quick response.

Originally Posted by THOMAS
    I have not purchased Final Fantasy XIV yet, didn't know I could actually. And as far as Final Fantasy XI, my PS2 caught on fire and haven't bought another one. I tried to log into my account at one point and it wouldn't accept my debit card. I tried to resolve that matter and didn't get anywhere with it, so I haven't played since. I only have one copy of Final Fantasy XI and have looked everywhere for the code, but no luck. Thanks for the quick response. [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif[/img]

If you've only purchased 3 things pertaining to FFXI I assume you mean the original game and two expansions, which probably don't have codes. If you purchase the latest version of the game or the latest expansion through the SE store, they send a code to your e-mail address. I don't think many of the earlier versions of the game have codes though.

Here's the problem:

You tell us the total too close to the deadline, it does not give us enough time to go out and purchase more games to register before the deadline hits. I'm currently sitting at 1000 YTD points. The only thing you've said so far is that 1250 will be plenty. Does that mean I'm in and I can rest easy knowing that I'll get it, or do I stress myself wondering if I need more points?

I've purchased as many games as I've wanted to, but to get that FFXIV acrylic, I will purchase more. The only thing I need to know is if I need to.

Originally Posted by xopher

Here's the problem:

You tell us the total too close to the deadline, it does not give us enough time to go out and purchase more games to register before the deadline hits. I'm currently sitting at 1000 YTD points. The only thing you've said so far is that 1250 will be plenty. Does that mean I'm in and I can rest easy knowing that I'll get it, or do I stress myself wondering if I need more points?

I've purchased as many games as I've wanted to, but to get that FFXIV acrylic, I will purchase more. The only thing I need to know is if I need to.

Quite true.

Even now it is a bit late for people to run out and pickup enough points. And this is even a delayed acceptance period. Unfortunately, people resort to buying codes through ebay or trading them on other forums or even buying them for $2-$4 dollars a piece in order to meet the quota.

I would also like an answer to this question.

Originally Posted by maskeXD

Hi there, I already registered for this year's reward, and on the form it says that I currently have 300 points.

If I register more games until March 31st will their points count to determine my tier?

Here's the problem:

Quite true.

Even now it is a bit late for people to run out and pickup enough points. And this is even a delayed acceptance period. Unfortunately, people resort to buying codes through ebay or trading them on other forums or even buying them for $2-$4 dollars a piece in order to meet the quota.
    They do this because they want us to register as many games as we can before knowing the Tier requirement so we have way more than the required amount. That way, we will need to buy even more games to reach next year's Tier because the last games we will have registered will count for this year rather than for next year...

Originally Posted by Fred_VT

Here's the problem:

Quite true.

They do this because they want us to register as many games as we can before knowing the Tier requirement so we have way more than the required amount. That way, we will need to buy even more games to reach next year's Tier because the last games we will have registered will count for this year rather than for next year...

Yes I thought that might be the case.

Some people remedy this by opening a new account for the new year then proceeding to buy the codes online. Which is actually a smart way to do it. You can re-register each game over for about $2 a code. 1000 Year End Points / 50 Points per code = 20 codes needed. 20 codes x $2 = $40. Less than a single game with tax...

One week left until the deadline, and still no updates about point tiers. This is ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Fred_VT

They do this because they want us to register as many games as we can before knowing the Tier requirement so we have way more than the required amount.

No, that's not the case, especially for multi-year ultimate tier winners who can't simply buy way more games than is required. Also, we're looking to announce the point requirements within this week.

Page 2 of 6 First First 123456 Last