Thread: multiplayer troubles

multiplayer troubles

multiplayer troubles

I can't see any other players or games on Eartnet, but I can see the latest scores etc. I'm using netserver.earthnet.de.. are there any other servers available? could it be that I'm behind a server? (doesn't give problems with most other games)

thanks,

Well

We had some difficulties with firewalls, and do not suggest it. Try it without the firewall and see if it improves. I'm betting that's your problem.

Thanks dr. Love,

But it doesn't help when I turn off the Firewall (I'm using Norton personal Firewall). I only see @Hans Miller and @Tadeus in yellow and two channels Panzerclaws and Knightshift. I can also see the weekly stuff etc. I still think this is evidence that I'm online and running..
    Any more suggestions? thanks in advance.

Lightbulb Searching for online opponents?

I have run into this problem before. You have a great game, but no one to really give you a challenge.

One such solution is to have a fan site that keeps contact data on players. This would keep basic information such as nickname, maybe their location, and instant messaging programs they use.

Anyone have a site like this up already? If not, I wouldn't mind putting one up for all to use. This would enhance games and maybe even setting up a local game time or game day of the week to enable people to have many opponents to play.

To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

Twisted