Thread: Can this series be understood without playing the gamecube version?

Can this series be understood without playing the gamecube version?

I ordered Ring of fates and found out it was a 1000 year prequel. I know nothing about this series, except the part that originally got me interested, the moogle paint. So I'm wondering if this can be understood on the DS versions or is it a series where I'd have to play the gamecube and wii versions to understand whats going on?

Originally Posted by Tails_night
    I ordered Ring of fates and found out it was a 1000 year prequel. I know nothing about this series, except the part that originally got me interested, the moogle paint. So I'm wondering if this can be understood on the DS versions or is it a series where I'd have to play the gamecube and wii versions to understand whats going on?
    Yep. Each gameis barely linked to any other with the exception of the downloadable Wii games.

Didn't much care for ringof fates tbh, but echoes of time is good.

So far I like it. If echoes of time is this but better I'm so getting it. I love the multi race, different armor and looks, and especially the gameplay. Still enjoy my dark knight moogle XD

TBH, I couldn't get into Echoes of Time. I liked Ring of Fates a lot though, but it ended so quickly.

It's a shame this series hasn't really lived up to it's potential yet. The gamecube version was onto something big, but the multiplayer (in the way you play) was asking too much. Four GBAs plus the 4 cords? :/ So when the Wii had online, I thought for sure... and the original trailer of Crystal Bearers was more traditional so the hope was there... but no. We didn't even get a traditional one on the Wii, sans a DS port (Echoes of Time).

Hopefully the Wii U will provide an ONLINE Crystal Chronicles. So that multiplayer is actually a viable option, because as much as I liked the original and as much potential as it had, it wasn't that fun solo.

/rant

TBH, I couldn't get into Echoes of Time. I liked Ring of Fates a lot though, but it ended so quickly.

It's a shame this series hasn't really lived up to it's potential yet. The gamecube version was onto something big, but the multiplayer (in the way you play) was asking too much. Four GBAs plus the 4 cords? :/ So when the Wii had online, I thought for sure... and the original trailer of Crystal Bearers was more traditional so the hope was there... but no. We didn't even get a traditional one on the Wii, sans a DS port (Echoes of Time).

Hopefully the Wii U will provide an ONLINE Crystal Chronicles. So that multiplayer is actually a viable option, because as much as I liked the original and as much potential as it had, it wasn't that fun solo.

/rant

I kinda agree with Elvick on the original game. It wasn't fun playing solo, but multiplayer was pretty fun if you had the materials (I was one of those people with 4 cords & 4 GBA SP's ).

i also had all the accessories for the gamecube version, it was definitely worth it. I spent hours and hours of time with my brother and friends playing multiplayer mode during the summer. Awesome game. Never played Crystal Bearers but it looked pretty awesome. Did anyone ever play this one? How was it?

I concur about the original being awesome... I really hope they find a way to bring it to the Wii U or make another game similar to it! Didn't care for any of the follow-ups, sadly...

ehehe i've never had the ability to play any of the crystal chronicles multiplayer ^^; I still love the series though! CC feels to me like a love child between FFIX, Kingdom Hearts, and FF Tactics Advance XD i'm still saving money for the wii one though ^^; *is currently broke* I'd personally love to see a 3DS Crystal Chronicles acctually, since the 3DS seems to have easier to access internet capabilities :3

I love Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles with a fiery passion. I played it with 2 other guys. Getting the chords on amazon was cheap and worth it. We all had gbasp so we all had a great time. Playing this game with only a gba sucked because of the lighting issues. I still play this game from time to time. I really wish they did an hd remake with additional content and allow local and online mutliplayer for the Wii U. I don't own a Wii U but if this did come out, i will buy one the next day. I would prefer if this came out on the ps3 though since i already have one.

They need to make more FFCC games and have it on the home consoles. Crystal Bearer was a flop but SE needs to learn from that mistake and improve upon it.