Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: FFXIV: Crashes, Bugs and Glitches

FFXIV: Crashes, Bugs and Glitches

  1. #1

    FFXIV: Crashes, Bugs and Glitches

    I had a situation a week ago , I disconected while starting a VW fight. I had just clicked on the vortex when I dc'd.
    Since then when I am on warrior , the same job that I was on then. I cant be cured by anyone and temporary items have no effect.
    Has anyone had this type of glitch. It looks like file damage of some sort. I have used another windows xp based machine to log on with, but the same situation persists. It would appear to me that the file damage must be on SE's files on their server. The blockaid command has no affect turned on or off.Trading with others is not a problem. I would appreciate any feed back.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Lifestream
    Posts
    15,195
    Submit a report of your issue to Customer Support.
    Last edited by Grimoire; 28th Nov 2013 at 14:26.

  3. #3
    Wheni died and respawned then took a chocobo porter to a different area my sound cut out when i got off of the chocobo. Also i notice that sometimes i cant switch to other players to heal them.Unless it has something to do with them being in a party. i havnt had trouble healing anyone in my party but if i see someone in the world that needs heals this an issue.

  4. #4

    Originally Posted by shtheed
    Wheni died and respawned then took a chocobo porter to a different area my sound cut out when i got off of the chocobo. Also i notice that sometimes i cant switch to other players to heal them.Unless it has something to do with them being in a party. i havnt had trouble healing anyone in my party but if i see someone in the world that needs heals this an issue.


    Post this in the beta forums, probably get the attention it needs a lot sooner.

  5. #5

    Ok thank for the info i looked for the beta forums and couldnt find them i guess ill look a little harder

  6. #6

    Originally Posted by shtheed


    Ok thank for the info i looked for the beta forums and couldnt find them i guess ill look a little harder

    Not sure if you found it yet, but the beta forum can be found here forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Test/forum.php

  7. #7

    Bound by Duty character glitch? unplayable

    Ive been experiencing this problem for about 12 + hours now, where as if i go to send someone a /tell it gives me the error message of being bound by duty even though i am not currently active in one. The link shell, friends list, and search functions are all also greyed out/disabled and when i actually do go to try and register/join a duty or main storyline instance, i am immediately kicked from the server with the message "cannot connect to server 9000" error. Ive tried sending in 3 help tickets (over the course of 12 + hours, of course no response or help) as well as tried clearing out my quest/duty cache to no avail. The game is now pretty much unplayable for me now. I am a lvl 16 gladiator on the Adamantoise server named Lemroth Firestorm. Is anyone else experiencing this issue and or have a fix for it? Is there a place where i can post my problem where SE might actually react to it. Any help is appreciated.

  8. #8

    Smile Not beeing able to play, and what that does to the players.

    We can all agree a little in whats said that it kindof feels like another beta phase, this early acces thing.
    and that you actualy had to pre-order to get the benefitt.
    but we all should have understood that there would be problems. and i greatly aprechiate to get starting. like now im lvl 18 thats not bad is it?

    well this is where the bad part starts. your not able to progres, and lvling without any quests, and without hunting log part 3? now thats where it gets difficult. but now we cant really complain about the game itself not working. since only a handfull can actualy play. great thing?
    but all i ask from you people, is to try to send in all the bug reports. and annomaly'es so on. cause it will help. Alot to.
    so help SE help us.


    and yes. my english is far from good. but i hope people understand the point.
    -Reinharth

  9. #9
    There are always problems, however, this is the relaunch of this game after it was critically panned on it's initial release.

    They needed this to go off smoothly and not anger/annoy/upset too many people. Seems they felt doing the opposite would be a better time for all. Quite a lot of folk angry/annoyed at not getting pre-order codes. People can't get on to servers. People can't access their accounts. Problems with the game itself. More error codes flying around than bees at a honey farm. Servers going down. More bugs than the Starship Troopers trilogy ..... you get the point.

    And this is just the pre-launch.

    A lot of people that pre-ordered haven't even got codes so can't download the game or get patched up ready to go nevermind actually playing the game.

    The servers can't handle the people they have let in so far so I think it's safe to assume that, regardless of us that pre ordered and know we won't get in before launch (or any time soon after), this is going to be an absolute nightmare on launch day when the masses have found they have bought a game and the servers keep breaking down and crying in a corner.

    It's not looking good.

    We've also had around 16 years of MMO launches to go off so should these problems keep happening?

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Gomly1980
    There are always problems, however, this is the relaunch of this game after it was critically panned on it's initial release.

    They needed this to go off smoothly and not anger/annoy/upset too many people. Seems they felt doing the opposite would be a better time for all. Quite a lot of folk angry/annoyed at not getting pre-order codes. People can't get on to servers. People can't access their accounts. Problems with the game itself. More error codes flying around than bees at a honey farm. Servers going down. More bugs than the Starship Troopers trilogy ..... you get the point.

    And this is just the pre-launch.

    A lot of people that pre-ordered haven't even got codes so can't download the game or get patched up ready to go nevermind actually playing the game.

    The servers can't handle the people they have let in so far so I think it's safe to assume that, regardless of us that pre ordered and know we won't get in before launch (or any time soon after), this is going to be an absolute nightmare on launch day when the masses have found they have bought a game and the servers keep breaking down and crying in a corner.

    It's not looking good.

    We've also had around 16 years of MMO launches to go off so should these problems keep happening?
    I agree, its like takinga vital blow.
    i personaly ordered two FF14:ARR games cause i wanted a digital and a hard copy. i got two early acces keys and i gave it to a friend of mine who hadnt gotten his. and its sad when they cant uphold there own promises.
    but as i said reporting the bugs and things you encounter can actualy mean the diffrence.

    the frustration has struck me, and that multiple times. but as far as it goes i still think its a little enjoyable.

  11. #11
    Oh, i've no doubt the game is going to be enjoyable.

    What's going on at the moment is just frustrating a bit though, it takes away from what should be a fun time for folk.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Gomly1980
    Oh, i've no doubt the game is going to be enjoyable.

    What's going on at the moment is just frustrating a bit though, it takes away from what should be a fun time for folk.
    agreed, I enjoy the time I can play and what the game has to offer and how it may expand but unfortunately they need to address the servers and support drastically. Simply finding an update to a problem has taken up to 10 hours before the users hear from SE I have high hopes it'll get better...

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by Kiritos
    agreed, I enjoy the time I can play and what the game has to offer and how it may expand but unfortunately they need to address the servers and support drastically. Simply finding an update to a problem has taken up to 10 hours before the users hear from SE I have high hopes it'll get better...
    Yeah it needs to improve theres no doubt. but like they say rome wherent buildt in a day, and this apply for this game to. eaven with 16 years experience, building and construction where developed long befor rome where actualy made, so where the tounge.

    and i am werry glad to see people are enjoying this. so that i wont be alone when things actualy work well. cause it is a fantastisc game and with loads of new content.

    But lets just see how things goes after this update. i belive in the developers to fix it. so lets all do it and hope for the werry best

  14. #14

    Typo bug in game.

    I want to make mine to 11/11 ..... i selected 11 th of the 6th astral moon but it comes out as (10/11)...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    and
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Please resolve this error. Sorry i can't post it in the actual forums yet. So i'm posting it here.

  15. #15

    Exclamation FFXIV:ARR Randomly Crashing

    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: ffxiv.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 5215cce1
    Fault Module Name: ffxiv.exe
    Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5215cce1
    Exception Code: 80000003
    Exception Offset: 00267f98
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

    Not sure if this helps to identify the issue, but this is what Windows popped out. Is it possible there are left over conflicting files from beta?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    38

    Game is crashing on me!

    Does anyone have this issue with their game crashing on pc?

    anyone know why?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    10
    I have the same issue. Sometimes it does it immediately when I hit play, other times it is when I am exploring.

    It is particularly bad in parts of Ul'dah and Western La Noscea.

    I do not know why.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Australia, Melbourne
    Posts
    23
    can it be fix?

  19. #19
    hello hello nothing is done !?

  20. #20

    Glitch in duty honor country?

    I finally beat this damn mission and it says to rendozous with him.....again? I don't see the prime spot either

  21. #21

    Games is crashing

    Hi all,

    I don't know why, but after 30 - 45 minutes of play, final fantasy XIV makes my computer crashing and I have to reboot it.

    I've seen many complains on other forum so I came here to see if there is a solution.

    I already reinstalled my graphic driver and directx too... So I hope someone has an idea for that.

  22. #22
    delete and reinstall game is the normal fix

  23. #23
    ok. I will try

  24. #24
    Well, I come back here with some news...

    I tried to reinstall FFXIV after I made a format of my computer. Everything is clear and I still have the problem...

    I tried other driver for my graphic card. Some old one which is know to be more stable but it didn't work.

    I test my ram which has no error...

    I reinstal the game without any program running but the games is still making my computer to crash...

    Any idea plz? I rly want to play this game. :'(

  25. #25
    Originally Posted by l3lack0ut13
    Well, I come back here with some news...

    I tried to reinstall FFXIV after I made a format of my computer. Everything is clear and I still have the problem...

    I tried other driver for my graphic card. Some old one which is know to be more stable but it didn't work.

    I test my ram which has no error...

    I reinstal the game without any program running but the games is still making my computer to crash...

    Any idea plz? I rly want to play this game. :'(
    you didn't mention your gpu manufacturer, is it nvidia or amd? Nvidia is known to have "hiccups" with drivers, trying out beta drivers might help or going back like 4-7 versions on the drivers, always tho remember to do an clean install on the drives, so use driver cleaner program to install new old ones properly, also check your gpu/cpu temps, cpu-id hwmonitor is an easy to use & read program to check out your temperatures.

    hopefully this helped you mate

Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Tags for this Thread