10 41.67%
  • Umah? of course!

8 33.33%
  • im catwoman - hear me roar

6 25.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [SPOILER] Umah is a traitor

Originally posted by kakarot
    1) She wasn't a traitor to her race.. period. Any claims of accusation should be backed with evidence - proof - you dont have any so drop it like a nexus stone.

2) By betraying Kain - who lets not forget rescued her from the Sarafan - she became a traitor in his eyes temporarily. Anyone with common sense will clearly take note that the Sarafan Lord clears her of any accusations of treason when he says " I have no such spy.." - end of story. The weirdos who scripted BO2 felt that they had to terminate Umah's character in this game and that's how they chose to do it. Get over it.

3)The moment she snatched the Stone from Kain - she signed her own death certificate.. she was dead whether she returned it that instant - or if he took it back from her later. We all know you DONT cross Kain... You just finished assassinating the traitors from the "last" great battle with the Sarafan Lord - pay attention to the game.

In the end, it was by far the most foolish thing and really ticked me off - but they had to write her character out of the series somehow.. much like how they wrote Janos off by tossing him in the Hylden gate. BO2 had sooo much potential but ultimately was pretty wack. The Seer was another wack concept - I'm not feeling her character either nor do I care to see her in the next game. In fact, if she comes back and Raziel doesn't I may boycott..
    1) Intentionally or not, she nearly delivered the Nexus stone to the Sarafan Lord which would have ensured the demise of her race.

2) Naturally the Sarafan Lord must always be telling the truth because he's a deranged psychopath who's trying to destroy Nosgoth.....

3) The traitors Kain assassinated killed a lot of vampires and got Kain knocked into a coma. Umah taking the Nexus stone wasn't so bad, especially considering that there was no one around to see it so Kain needing to "save face" wouldn't be an issue. It was how she acted as she was dying that sealed her fate. Instead of showing remorse for betraying Kain, or at the very least for nearly losing the Nexus stone to the Sarafan, she was only concerned with saving herself.

Janos has not been written off, I'm almost certain he will resurface. Throw some more clothes on the Seer and she's a good character who will almost definitely come back as well. There's too much backstory hinted at in the Q&A's for the Seer to be forgotten in future games.

I don't think she is a traitor. I think that she stole the Nexus stone because she was afraid what would become of The Cabal and the other vampires if Kain would rule Nosgoth.
    Per Aspera Ad Astra

Originally posted by WraithStar
    1) Intentionally or not, she nearly delivered the Nexus stone to the Sarafan Lord which would have ensured the demise of her race.

2) Naturally the Sarafan Lord must always be telling the truth because he's a deranged psychopath who's trying to destroy Nosgoth.....

3) The traitors Kain assassinated killed a lot of vampires and got Kain knocked into a coma. Umah taking the Nexus stone wasn't so bad, especially considering that there was no one around to see it so Kain needing to "save face" wouldn't be an issue. It was how she acted as she was dying that sealed her fate. Instead of showing remorse for betraying Kain, or at the very least for nearly losing the Nexus stone to the Sarafan, she was only concerned with saving herself.

Janos has not been written off, I'm almost certain he will resurface. Throw some more clothes on the Seer and she's a good character who will almost definitely come back as well. There's too much backstory hinted at in the Q&A's for the Seer to be forgotten in future games.
    1) SL or HL (which ever you prefer) already had the stupid stone.. you know how much he cared for it??? he left good ole Sebastian as it's guardian. btw, Sebastian was a vampire to the best of my knowledge...

yea, he was really worried about keeping the stupid stone in his possession.

how is this relevant to Umah being a traitor? it isnt but neither was your reply..

2) that sounds EXACTLY like something Pick would say..

'you two know each other? either way its your opinion vs mine..

3) crossing kain = your death..

i dont care if you're janos audron himself you're a dead man or woman in this case. you really think kain would've spared that fool for crossing him? she clearly thought she was superior to him with that stupid stone. in case you missed it she did show slight remorse, repent, and oh yea begged for her life and he still took her out..

i love kain.. atleast he's consistant.

Originally posted by kakarot
    1) SL or HL (which ever you prefer) already had the stupid stone.. you know how much he cared for it??? he left good ole Sebastian as it's guardian. btw, Sebastian was a vampire to the best of my knowledge...

yea, he was really worried about keeping the stupid stone in his possession.

how is this relevant to Umah being a traitor? it isnt but neither was your reply..
    yes the stone was in SL's possession but Kain reclaimed it later in the game so when Umah stole it and was seiged by the Sarafan Knights she unwillingly deleivered the stone back to SL...except that Kain found her before its too late..
    http://sigstressumah.members.easyspace.com/koth.jpg
    "Come to me my undead son, make haste to the Pillars, the stage is set for the Grand Finale, you will have your vengence." Mortanius

Kain (in SR): "Concience?You DARE speak to me of CONCIENCE?!Only when you have felt the true gravity of choice should you dare question MY judegment!Your lifespan is but a flicker compared to the massive doubt and regret i have borne since Mortnius first turned me from the light!"

I wonder if Kain was thinking about Umah there...

Technically, Umah never happened at this stage in SR1. It was post SR2 that the images and memories of Umah were brought to him... I think.

Thumbs Up

^^^^^^true
    http://sigstressumah.members.easyspace.com/koth.jpg
    "Come to me my undead son, make haste to the Pillars, the stage is set for the Grand Finale, you will have your vengence." Mortanius

personally I think she is a self centered, greedy, little . But frankly I do not sympathize for her. Kain I believe said it best on BO2 "then you can die knowing the truth" (if I quoted that correctly). She is nothing more than another marcus, sebastian, and faustus weeded out in advance.

Lightbulb

Assassin47 ~ Please watch your language as advised in the Terms of Use of our Community.

Thanks.

Chapter name Betrayal

After cutting off Umah´s throat, Kain says:

"You should never had betrayed me, Umah"

I think it says it all

sorry moderator for swearing.

Post I do not think Umah is traitor

Kain:
    Silence, demon.
    Your need to corrupt is only too apparent. But every traitor that you have turned to your will from my side, even Umah, your latest spy, is dead.

The Sarafan Lord:
    Umah? I have no spy called Umah.

Kain:
    You lie!

Kain think Umah is a Sarafan spy and a traitor

Umah...
    What was it she said to me in that fateful moment when she took from me the Nexus Stone? How would my rule differ from that of the Sarafan Lord?
    If you had lived, Umah, you would have learned the difference.
    You should have trusted me...

About the Sarafan Lord saying Umah isn't a spy...

I'm not saying she is, but...

1. For all he knew, Umah was still alive and Kain was fishing for information.

2. Do you really think that the head of an organisation as big as the Sarafan knows every single employee by name?

But then you wonder why she didn't lead the Sarafan to Kain when he was knocked out.

P.S. She didn't really do a good job of betraying him, did she? If she was working for Vorador, the sensible thing to do would've been to wait for Kain to attack the Sarafan Lord and finish off the winner.
    I'd be apathetic if I weren't so lethargic-Peter Griffin

Hm nice 3 year old topic

Umah wasn`t a traitor. Well it depends what u mean with a traitor. She had the same goal as Kain except that Kain wanted to rule Nosgoth after that and Umah didn`t trust him fully as a leader.
    There he is!
    I`ll kill him!
    We once put you down Kain, we can do it again!

Umah was a traitor? to who?
    you look with kain's eye kid

history IS written by victors. so she was a traitor. at least as far as kain is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hash'ak'gik View Post
    DMRaider: Umah isn't stupid just 'cos she doesn't kill people in cold blood. If that were true, most of us would be stupid. And whats wrong with a slightly more gentle character, if thats what Umah really is. She never struck me as gentle, she killed a ton of Sarafan guards too. Umah is not stupid or soft, I don't see how you can say that without any evidence. Oh and Kain doesn't like killing people, he just does.

xarax: Why would Razzi want to bring Umah back? All she is is a girl who helped Kain, and Kain took an intraest to her for, what, 3 days? I dought there's much more to her destiny then that. Sorry.

Oh and there's a differenc between SR2/BO1 Vorador and BO2 Vorador. One's stupid
    did you ever take full notice of the game
    in blood omen 1 kain clearly laughs at the suffering of the pitiful fools that lie before him

also although umah isnt stupid, she is a fool

Kain wasn't really a nice person in his youth. What's more, he was reckless and impulsive. He clearly thought she was acting for the Sarafan despite her claims of trying to protect the other vampires.

I think he was disheartened by her (supposed) betrayal of not only him, but the vampire race as a whole.

But me, I don't think she was a traitor to the vampires. Unless of course you factor in Kain's position as Scion so betraying him means betraying the vampire cause as it were... But then again Umah had no idea about any of that so no.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123