Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... Last

Thread: The Future Of Kingdom Hearts

The Future Of Kingdom Hearts

New Kingdom Hearts game

I would like to see another consols based game from the Kingdom Hearts, something for my ps3 or psVITA. I would love to buy another game in this series but i don't have a 3DS and don't want to get one. lol this would be my lame attempt to try and get one

I'd prefer a HD collecction over a new game right now.

I think that they should make and HD collection and put them on mulitple consoles and not handhelds. That way more people will play KH and KH2 and learn those storylines, so that then hopefully KH3 will be released on ps3 and xbox360. Though I wouldn't mind a couple new side games ^-^

I'd love an HD collection, even more if it includes the Final Mix versions. As for new games, I'm still wondering about the BBS Vol. 2 thing. But the real deal, KH3, will have to wait until the development team finishes with Versus XIII.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Originally Posted by Zench
    I'd love an HD collection, even more if it includes the Final Mix versions. As for new games, I'm still wondering about the BBS Vol. 2 thing. But the real deal, KH3, will have to wait until the development team finishes with Versus XIII.
    Besides, in an interview Nomura said that he believes it's time for KH to return to a console.

YAY!!! ^_^ I hope BbS Volume Two is gonna come out buts odds are if it does its gonna be on the PSVita. I can't wait til KH3D though.

seeing as i've played thous two games already, both to 100%, i feel like a new challenge, but i'm not deminishing an HD collections value to grab new players into the francise

Originally Posted by LightningFarr0n

I think that they should make and HD collection and put them on mulitple consoles and not handhelds. That way more people will play KH and KH2 and learn those storylines, so that then hopefully KH3 will be released on ps3 and xbox360. Though I wouldn't mind a couple new side games ^-^

Don't forget the Wii U... XD

I really think that each of the games have been good and important but all of them being exclusives is kind of annoying. BBS is the only reason I would get a PSP, but that isn't reason enough to justify it. I have enough other reasons being a nintendo fan to have a 3DS, so I am awaiting the "all-star" game of KH with much anticipation.

Really great ideas guys... but I don't know how much they'll actually do.

Also, I'm pretty sure that they said somewhere that BBS vol. 2 was cancelled-ish, but I could be wrong.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NOT cancelled!!! *heart breaks in two*

I didnt like how they were exclusives too because I agree, that did get annoying after a while. I thought that Nomura said that Bbs Vol2 was a good idea but I think he said that hes too busy to work oon it now, so maybe it'll be in the works later

Originally Posted by LightningFarr0n

I thought that Nomura said that Bbs Vol2 was a good idea but I think he said that hes too busy to work oon it now, so maybe it'll be in the works later

This is pretty spot on. Nomura wants to do it, but iirc he said it's not the right time right now. I fully believe that the next game after KH3D will either be KH3 or an HD collection. If the latter, I want two main questions answered: 1) Which games would be included? 2) Will they be Final Mixes? It only seems right that if they re-release, they would include the FMs, as the Western KH audience has clammored for them since they were denied release the first time around, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll just wait and hope for the best.

I really want a FM game, so that'd be awesome

The whole world claims for the Final Mix versions. In my case the main reasons are:

KH1FM - Battle with Xemnas

KH2FM - Fight the entire Organization XIII

BBSFM - Battle with No Heart

It really would make sense for them to be the most complete versions of the games (that being FMs). I think they'd do all the games for the HD collection, probably not at the same time but eventually all. If they wouldn't do all of them, then they would either do just all the handheld games or just all the console games (probably just I and II not re:COM). I would wish that it would be on all HD consoles if they that, but so far they've been exclusives.

I honestly think that putting new KH games (either KH3 or HD collection) on the Wii U would blend well with the kind of audience which 1) Nintendo wants and 2) Square Enix has. I know this is sort of generalizing it, but I think a lot of the KH fans are more semi-hardcore or range across from fairly casual to hardcore.

I see KH as a bridge between hardcore and casual, and Nintendo hopes for the Wii U to be a bridge between hardcore and casual since the Wii reached mostly for casual. It would be a great fit. And at this point there are the same number of KH games on Sony systems (BBS, I, re:COM, and II) as on Nintendo systems (COM, Days, re:Coded, and KH3D). (Maybe to make it all even, the next four games will be on Microsoft systems XD.)

That all being said, Nomura has a thing for Sony systems for the "main" games (BBS, I, and II). It is probable that they'll continue that trend.

Sorry if you really don't like Nintendo or its systems (or people talking about them), but I felt the connection was there and should be considered.

It is something to be considered. Wouldn't it be cool if they did remake those, but put BbS, Days, and Re: Coded on a regular system too? I'd be so happy ^_^

Your Opinion: The next Kingdom Hearts

I just stumbled upon this idea as I was browsing through the forums and I would like to pose the question of what is the next major installment of Kingdom Hearts going to be about? It has been six years since Kingdom Hearts and I know I am not the only one waiting anxiously for a "Kingdom Hearts 3".

So, post your ideas of what new worlds would/could/should be included, characters, keyblades, etc. Anything you can think of!

Personally I would love to see a Toy Story world, just putting that out there

I think NPCs from FF games or more story NPCs in general is my most wanted feature, I am OK with everything else.

Future Kingdom Hearts Games - Wishes, Predictions and Theories

and please don't say a console release. I get it, and I agree.

But I mean characters, disney worlds, gameplay elements, ect...

for example:

I'd like, in a console game, to see with the game's release or in DLC, a tournament-style thing like the data organization battles from Final Mix +, but taken a step further. I don't want to see an overflow of Final Fantasy characters in the story, but if they were only bosses... then put the dissidia cast in battles like this. And also, FFXIII-2 has been adding dlc with bosses from old final fantasy games (omega, orthos, typhon...) FFI dawn of souls did something similar. These bosses would be big and fun to fight, and while I'd prefer to see them in Versus 13, a KH entry would be nice.

for disney worlds: port royal, I'd like to fight Davy Jones on the masts of the Dutchman. Atlantica, but this time with Ariel's daughter and ursala's sister. and please, no more colliseum or agrabah or halloween town! they have served their purposes at this point. if you want colliseum tournaments, surely you can find some other way to do it... and the other two are more easily replaced.

Just my personal opinion. I want to see what everyone else thinks!

I read a post on GameFAQS this morning with what I thought was a really good idea, a 50+ round tournament similar to the original Hades Cup where each round is a Disney/FF/TWEwY/other SE creation boss, that way they can have all the cameos they want without it having any bearing on the story.

World wise, I feel a lot more could be done with Wonderland, CO/Land of Departure, Port Royal, and the Realm of Darkness. Other than the Secret Episode in BBSFM, we've never been able to play in the RoD, and I feel like an explorable area there would be sweet

Normally I'm against DLCs, but if it were the only way to accomplish a tournament thing like that then I'd be all for it. Sounds awesome.

I don't have any strong preference for which Disney Worlds. Maybe add some Pixar stuff (Bug's Life and Toy Story). On second thought that doesn't sound that good. I don't know...

In terms of gameplay I think that the series is on the right track with the fighting system. The way attacks kind of reload in BBS and re:Coded is being used in KH3D, and I think that that is a superior way to do special attacks and magic. The flowmotion of KH3D, jumping off walls and just really great, fun movement (inside and outside combat), is really great and from the sound of some interviews the KH staff really likes it too (in fact Nomura said they now can't imagine playing KH without it).

In short, there isn't much I'd like them to add to future games. If they keep on the course they are, which is modifying slightly each time to find what works best, then that is all I can hope for.

i for 1 think that they should try to evolve the story of halloween town (write a new version of it). they should also make sora's costume more scary and give riku 1 as well.

I want to see a wider multiplayer of Kingdom Hearts... A lot like 365/2 except over the wifi, where you can have a plethera of characters with varying stats.

Originally Posted by Cody

I want to see a wider multiplayer of Kingdom Hearts... A lot like 365/2 except over the wifi, where you can have a plethera of characters with varying stats.

I'd like a game like that, that has a strong focus on pvp as well as co-op...

Kingdom Hearts has never been about PVP, focusing on that will not make the game any better imo.

For KH3, it will happen in the near future as hinted by Nomura, I want the game to take a darker tone and tone down the childish dialogue.

What I really want to see is more strategic party selection. For example, Riku and Kairi join the party through the game. Make Goofy the best defender/paladin style character, make Donald a pure black mage with weak defense and HP, make Kairi a white mage type, and Riku a damage dealer. Sora should be a balance of the 4 and depending on what you pick in the beginning, will slant your skills to that.There should be fights where you need to use different combinations to win. As for the party member of each world, they should be a forth guest character that does not need to replace anyone.

For worlds I think they should continue the ones they started in KH2. Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men's Chest is the next one and introducing a new villain like Davy Jones to help Maleficent regain some face.

Tron should definitely be continued with the new movie and sound. Tron is nowhere to be found, that's because he is being controlled by Clu! The new tournament area could be Tron' Legacy's world, Hercules should be left alone.

Alice in Wonderland should also be continued, with the new art direction of the new movie.

It's time for KH to finally include a Pixar film world in KH, I would prefer if it was Monster's Inc, the Incredibles, or Finding Nemo (to replace the Little Mermaid underwater gameplay and lose that lousy merman tail for Sora). But not Cars, that's just Pixar's worst film(s).

It's also time for a Final Fantasy world to be included in the game.

Originally Posted by Cactuar

Kingdom Hearts has never been about PVP, focusing on that will not make the game any better imo.

For KH3, it will happen in the near future as hinted by Nomura, I want the game to take a darker tone and tone down the childish dialogue.

What I really want to see is more strategic party selection. For example, Riku and Kairi join the party through the game. Make Goofy the best defender/paladin style character, make Donald a pure black mage with weak defense and HP, make Kairi a white mage type, and Riku a damage dealer. Sora should be a balance of the 4 and depending on what you pick in the beginning, will slant your skills to that.There should be fights where you need to use different combinations to win. As for the party member of each world, they should be a forth guest character that does not need to replace anyone.

For worlds I think they should continue the ones they started in KH2. Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Men's Chest is the next one and introducing a new villain like Davy Jones to help Maleficent regain some face.

Tron should definitely be continued with the new movie and sound. Tron is nowhere to be found, that's because he is being controlled by Clu! The new tournament area could be Tron' Legacy's world, Hercules should be left alone.

Alice in Wonderland should also be continued, with the new art direction of the new movie.

It's time for KH to finally include a Pixar film world in KH, I would prefer if it was Monster's Inc, the Incredibles, or Finding Nemo (to replace the Little Mermaid underwater gameplay and lose that lousy merman tail for Sora). But not Cars, that's just Pixar's worst film(s).

It's also time for a Final Fantasy world to be included in the game.

Final Fantasy wasn't pvp either. Dissidia was a succesful change to that. Days does have pvp (friendly fire can be turned on) and I'm not 100% positive but I beleive BBS also has pvp. My only thoughts on good pvp in a KH game is that the game should be focused on that element or, like dissidia, we will get a poorly written story .

Kingdom Hearts should remain childish. This is Disney for crying out loud. This series was never meant to be taken seriously, and I am ok with that. I like "mature" games as much as anyone, but I personally think KH has already defined its age group and should stick with it. The story can get darker, true, and if it doesn't then honestly, any future villains won't feel like any more of a threat than we have already faced, and the series will get stale. But as long as I know that other games and franchises exist that are "mature" then I am ok with playing KH and enjoying it, along with my younger relatives because its age appropriate.

Strategic party members would be kind of cool, but again since this game is meant for all ages, it has to be child-friendly... and further complicating the gameplay wouldn't help that. The party mechanics are already very primitive (you control their "attitudes" more than when donald heals), the only way to fix this is a gambit system like FF12 (which, imo, would over complicate things). Sora having skill trees is kind of a cool idea, but harder difficulties in KH have revolved around your ability to edit your play style as needed if a situation calls for it, and being forced down a certain tree won't help with that, unless you can change your "build" somehow during the course of the game.

Good ideas though, definately food for thought. The only thing else I have to say is that Tron: Legacy is going to be in KH3D, at least from what I can tell from the trailers, and would only be in KH3 if they leave that story unfinished.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... Last