Thread: Kingdom Hearts III PS4 Exclusive?

Kingdom Hearts III PS4 Exclusive?

  1. #26
    Originally Posted by Jones101
    I would be extremly surpirse if Kingdom Hearts III was released on a console beside Sony. Although they did not say it was exclusive that was probably because Square Enix is still working that out with Sony. Also in case you guys were not aware off Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 both sold poorly on the Xbox360. Alot more units were sold on PS3, reason it has to do with target audience most Xbox owners are a fan of you Modern Warfare type of games. Another big reason is Square Enix is a Japanesse Company. The two big console gaints in Japan are Nintendo and Sony. That being said you will need more than 250 signiatures to get Squares attention. If it was 250,000 I could defenitly see it as a possibility. Also many sources have confirmed that Sqaure Enix who has recently been struggling financially has been working closly with Sony(probably recieving some form of assistance). That being the case it is safe to assume that Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III are part of a closed or ongoing deal.
    youre forgetting kingdom hearts is not full owned by square enix. disney interactive studios has a say as well. and they created tons of great games on xbox so i would be extremly surprise if kingdom hearts 3 was an exclusive. and you bet ya theyre will be many xbox fnas who wouldnt purchase another square enix game with that announcement it would be a bad investment and even michal pachter(from pach attack) wouldnt agree with making it a sony exclusive. this is all too much im not ready for the next gen console war just yet. right know im trying to help my fellow xbox fans who are also devoted square enix fans by bringing kingdom hearts remix to xbox 360 by getting more signatures in the petition.





    www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-en...




  2. #27

    Originally Posted by NumberXIIIRoxas22


    The thing is that Kingdom Hearts has, for the most part, been a Sony exclusive. Even some of the titles on Nintendo systems have made their way to a Sony console through remakes or the HD movie thing they did with 358/2 Days.


    Its not that I can't stand the idea of KH on an Xbox console. Its just the way you made your argument you basically said "Xbox is better than PS4 and you shouldn't get a PS4 because Xbox One deserves to have KHIII on it more than PS4 does."


    And where do you get your facts? You claimed Microsoft's conference was better, yet you didn't give any specific reason why. You said "KHIII has announced it will ALSO be on ps4" when it wasn't revealed until Sony announced it. And while Sony did announce a few multiplatform games, the majority were confirmed to be EXCLUSIVE to the PS4/PS3/Vita. If you're gonna make an argument, do your research so you don't sound like such a fanboy



    the same was said with final fantasy and what happend it got on xbox . even metal gear solid got on xbox one. it wouldnt be great in a business sense for it to be an exclusive. and the microsoft conference was great because it talked about amazing games that would be xbox one exclusive. the one console to have them.




  3. #28

    Originally Posted by NumberXIIIRoxas22


    The thing is that Kingdom Hearts has, for the most part, been a Sony exclusive. Even some of the titles on Nintendo systems have made their way to a Sony console through remakes or the HD movie thing they did with 358/2 Days.



    Here, here. And, while Dream Drop Distance was an incredible 3DS game, I am thrilled (though unsurprised) that KH3 will be a PS4 title. And, frankly, I hope it *is* an exclusive Playstation title.



  4. #29

    Originally Posted by imported_brian


    Originally Posted by NumberXIIIRoxas22


    The thing is that Kingdom Hearts has, for the most part, been a Sony exclusive. Even some of the titles on Nintendo systems have made their way to a Sony console through remakes or the HD movie thing they did with 358/2 Days.


    Its not that I can't stand the idea of KH on an Xbox console. Its just the way you made your argument you basically said "Xbox is better than PS4 and you shouldn't get a PS4 because Xbox One deserves to have KHIII on it more than PS4 does."


    And where do you get your facts? You claimed Microsoft's conference was better, yet you didn't give any specific reason why. You said "KHIII has announced it will ALSO be on ps4" when it wasn't revealed until Sony announced it. And while Sony did announce a few multiplatform games, the majority were confirmed to be EXCLUSIVE to the PS4/PS3/Vita. If you're gonna make an argument, do your research so you don't sound like such a fanboy



    the same was said with final fantasy and what happend it got on xbox . even metal gear solid got on xbox one. it wouldnt be great in a business sense for it to be an exclusive. and the microsoft conference was great because it talked about amazing games that would be xbox one exclusive. the one console to have them.






    But Sony also talked about their exclusives. And putting Final Fantasy on Xbox was a bad financial move. Like they said above FF is a Japanese game and Xbox is geared towards people who enjoy first person shooters. Hence FF XIII and XIII-2 sales bombed on Xbox compared to PS3 because most fans of Final Fantasy have a PS3 (especially in Japan). And only while Metal Gear Solid has been put on Xbox, Metal Gear Solid 1 and 4 remain PS exclusive

  5. #30



    But I am damn sure if Gears Of War ever goes multi-platform, you and every other xbox fanboy will be crying in their basement. Lol. I am going to find away to start a petition to prevent stop the multi-platforming of kingdom hearts 3 just for you



    Hahaha!! Yeah, I don't hear a great clamor for Halo or Gears to go multi-platform. I only had an Xbox when FFXIII was released, but after my long history with the series, I just couldn't stand to play it on an Xbox. I bought a PS3, and never looked back. I may get an Xbox One sometime next year, but I am definitely getting a PS4 at launch, and will thrill to pick up KH3 at midnight the day it releases.

  6. #31

    Not only that since we are on Sony exclusives moving over to Xbox, sale data from a reiable website shows that Metal Gear Solid HD collections and Metal Gear Revengence sold many more copies on PS3 than Xbox. Metal Gear Revengence sold 4x times more copies on PS3 than Xbox. Besides Final Fantasy and Kingdom Heart games fall into a niche category of gaming that does not go over well with Xbox. Back to ownership yes Disney has ownership with Kingdom Hearts the same way anyone who owns stock in a company. But Sqaure is the one who makes the games and markets them. Disney may give some inpute in order to maintain the integrity of Disney own characters but everything else is left up to Sqaure. For goodness sake when was the last time Disney themselves advertised a Kingdom Hearts game? Is Disney actively promoting passed or future games? I have been to Disney world acouple of times and not once did I see something about Kingdom Hearts. I saw stuff pertaining to Epic Mickey 1 not long ago and we all know how that turned out.

  7. #32

    Originally Posted by imported_brian


    it wasnt a terrible reveal however people need to realise if sony is not doing some of the restrictions like in used games senses. theyre will be less third party support for sure. also square enix cares about their xbox base as well. theyre's no doubt that they couldve had the first announcement on xbox one . in fact the petition to bring 1.5 remix to xbox 360 is gaining alot of support. ignoring this would not be good especially since some fans are willing to take it to the next level by boycotting square enix games im not bringing it to that level......yet at least i think showing them signatures should be enough.





    www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/square-en...



    Why am I not surprised to see you here? No, PS4 will not lose third party supports. Take Wii for example, it has the highest install base world wide, and the first couple of years pub/dev flocked to it. But by the 3rd year it was largely ignored by most pub/dev. Why? Because nobody buys Wii games. From what I see on the net, with 2/3 of console gaming populous migrating to PS4, it's easy to see where the money is.


    If you want to allow Microsoft to put the restrtictions on YOU and strips you of your consumer rights, by all means. Just don't expect us to follow suit.

  8. #33

    Wow, this dude, anyway, to each his own I guess, am sure you will enjoy the always online DRM, 1 million FPS's and TV, but I think I would rather see my beloved series on games I can own forever and not worry about not being able to play when the inevutable day pops up that you dont have net access at one point or another, might even borrow it first to try it out just so I can see what its like

  9. #34

    Did you hear the roar of approval when Sony announced the policies with respect to used games and connectivity? There will be gamers who refuse to buy an Xbox One, on principal, if not for economic reasons. As an owner of both Sony and Microsoft's current-gen consoles, I figured I'd probably buy an XB1 next year sometime, after the price drops. But, now, I am galvanizing against Microsoft for their restrictive policies. I cannot imagine I am alone in this thinking.


    As for developers, well, look at the mass exodus of indie developers from Microsoft to Sony. Look at all the Playstation-only in-game perks for multi-platform games. For Christ's sake, Bungie Games is partnered with Sony, via Activision now!


    Relevent to this forum, I still think it telling that SE announced these awesome new titles via Sony's presser. The relationship between Sony and Square-Enix seems to be very strong. It certainly is long-standing. My 14 year-old daughter is right now playing Kingdom Hearts (the first one) on my Playstation 2. And, on my 51-inch plasma, it still looks great (just can't wait for the HD version, though!). The Playstation seems to be the natural habitat for great games, and SE's contributions are no small example.

  10. #35

    No I completely agree. Though SE is also known for being a multiplatform company and not one to limit themselves or their availability, Microsoft's direction would raise concern if I was in their shoes. I can see this going the way of the Wii U. Nowhere fast.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7

    all you do is cry and cry, it's a ps4 exclusive, just accept it and get a ps4

  12. #37
    Originally Posted by imported_Corey
    all you do is cry and cry, it's a ps4 exclusive, just accept it and get a ps4
    you fanboys sure,get always mad like a dog

  13. #38

    This is turning into a juvenile Playstation vs Xbox thread. Why does it matter if KHIII is exclusive to PS4 or not? If it is, then like the past generation, you'll just have to own a PS to experience the game. If it is multiplatform, then everyone wins.
    signature image

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    53

    I still don't get why your going over something that is NEVER going to happen, As what the others said, If you want to experience the true feeling of KH 1.5 HD and KHIII, Your better off getting an PS3 and a PS4. That is what I'll be doing since I'm considering pre-ordering a PS4 in the future while I have the chance. Not only is it cheaper than the XBOX ONE, but I've grew up with the playstation as well. If you're an XBOX Fanatic, you're NOT a KH Fan. Done Deal and stick with it.
    Can't Wait for KHIII!!!!!, can you?
    signature image

  15. #40

    It hasnt been confirmed whether or not its an exclusive or not. Fact is unless it comes straight from the horses mouth you shouldnt believe in anything. If you plan on getting either a ps4 or a xone does it really matter as long as it comes to your console right? people are just trying to get the game in the console they plan on getting no need for hating. i for one will be getting a ps4 though not preordering til i get more info like possible bundles and such *sony a ff15 bundle please?*

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    35

    Originally Posted by redthefirst


    It hasnt been confirmed whether or not its an exclusive or not. Fact is unless it comes straight from the horses mouth you shouldnt believe in anything. If you plan on getting either a ps4 or a xone does it really matter as long as it comes to your console right? people are just trying to get the game in the console they plan on getting no need for hating. i for one will be getting a ps4 though not preordering til i get more info like possible bundles and such *sony a ff15 bundle please?*



    I agree. So many people are jumping the gun already and saying it's multiplatform, even though it's only been confirmed for one console thus far.





    Though the wording of that twitter post did strike me as odd, as it did to many. I wonder how long we'll have to wait before we get a clear answer.

  17. #42

    Oh well it looks like both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III will be coming to Xboxone as well. This being confirmed by Square Enix's press conference just moments ago. I guess since both system run on the same hardware its pretty simple to just ported it.

  18. #43

    SE, show the pc some love




  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    35

    Originally Posted by Jones101


    Oh well it looks like both Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III will be coming to Xboxone as well. This being confirmed by Square Enix's press conference just moments ago. I guess since both system run on the same hardware its pretty simple to just ported it.



    I honestly never thought SE would actually go through with that. It's a shame, but there's nothing we can do about it.

  20. #45

    As long as its coming out on the console i want to get (ps4 ofc) im happy

  21. #46

    Originally Posted by Dinobot


    It's a shame...



    Imo, there's nothing shameful about a multiplatform release. Whatever SE needs to do to remain profitable and capable of producing future iterations of beloved IPs and new IPs which capture our imaginations and amplify our gaming experiences.


    I buy every COD game they make. I'm a fan of the genre, and I love the way those games express that genre. But, I can play those games on either console, and the experience is the same. Not so with Final Fantasy titles. Maybe it's the fact that I grew up playing those games on my PS1. Maybe it has something to do with the controller. But, somehow it doesn't feel right to play FF on an Xbox. And, I suspect, it would feel all wrong to play KH on an Xbox.


    This discussion isn't really about facts, but opinions and emotions. For my part, I hope Square-Enix continues its relationship with Sony in such a way that Playstation gamers are rewarded for their part in that partnership.

  22. #47

    Originally Posted by imported_James


    SE, show the pc some love




    I support this, Square-Enix really should release a PC version of those, ( Final Fantasy XIII Colection, Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV ) , if possible with subtitle on PTBR too. [img]/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif[/img]

  23. #48

    Originally Posted by sleepyeyes


    I buy every COD game they make.


    What .. !?

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    35

    Originally Posted by sleepyeyes


    Originally Posted by Dinobot


    It's a shame...



    Imo, there's nothing shameful about a multiplatform release. Whatever SE needs to do to remain profitable and capable of producing future iterations of beloved IPs and new IPs which capture our imaginations and amplify our gaming experiences.


    I buy every COD game they make. I'm a fan of the genre, and I love the way those games express that genre. But, I can play those games on either console, and the experience is the same. Not so with Final Fantasy titles. Maybe it's the fact that I grew up playing those games on my PS1. Maybe it has something to do with the controller. But, somehow it doesn't feel right to play FF on an Xbox. And, I suspect, it would feel all wrong to play KH on an Xbox.


    This discussion isn't really about facts, but opinions and emotions. For my part, I hope Square-Enix continues its relationship with Sony in such a way that Playstation gamers are rewarded for their part in that partnership.






    Well I can live with FF going to Xbox but I agree with you that KH just somehow doesn't feel right. And if SE really were that desperate to make an extra buck they should've released both of them for Wii U rather than the Xbox One, at least they would actually turn a profit.

  25. #50

    While you PS3/Xbox Fanboys argue the rest of us Gamers just chuckle. I really hope some of you arguing about what game is on what don't own both systems. Because then you look really stupid.

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last