Thread: Agni's Philosophy - FINAL FANTASY Real Time Technical Demo

Agni's Philosophy - FINAL FANTASY Real Time Technical Demo

It's interesting to me, that if this wasn't meant to be developed into a game.... then why did they put of survey asking if we liked the character? What's the point of asking that, if there is zero chance of it being made into a game? I don't get it...

For the same reason that Quantic Dream made the Kara tech demo (www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0KTUysrwgQ). Proof of concept, and to show what they are capable of doing. In the case of Agni's Philosophy, showing what their new real time engine is capable of doing.

And in the case of Agni's Philosphy, it is simply breath-taking.

And in response to Gaialei_Strife, the point of a real time engine is that it requires less processing than pre-rendered. So, I would imagine that the current PS3, Vita, or even XBox could run it efficiently.

The Tech Demo looks impressive, it's simply amazing. Only time will tell if this ends up being a new game.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Originally Posted by Cassy

For the same reason that Quantic Dream made the Kara tech demo (www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0KTUysrwgQ). Proof of concept, and to show what they are capable of doing. In the case of Agni's Philosophy, showing what their new real time engine is capable of doing.

And in the case of Agni's Philosphy, it is simply breath-taking.

And in response to Gaialei_Strife, the point of a real time engine is that it requires less processing than pre-rendered. So, I would imagine that the current PS3, Vita, or even XBox could run it efficiently.

Makes me wonder about that FFVII Tech Demo that caused a lot of attention in 2006. Wonder if they were showing off XIII's engine or the one their using for Versus XIII?

As far as the survey goes, I put a 5 on everything other than the heroine/Agnis. She looks too normal for a Final Fantasy. Maybe a different color for hair?

Look amazing!!

Originally Posted by Emad

I guess its time for a FFVII remake

Good call. LOL ;-)

na.square-enix.com/go/article/view/blog/...

Posted a new blog about last night's After Hours event, plus you can watch the real time tech demo of Agni's Philosophy!

Its wondrous, but still its a tech demo and we won't see this kind of thing until the next generation of consoles from Microsoft and Sony are confirmed because all it is right now in that department it is just speculation, so nothing to really to speculate about this technical demo. Its the FFVII demo all over again it might or might not be made for the next generation of consoles. I did love the photo realism though of the characters and the textures are really amazing on said characters and so was the lighting

Originally Posted by imported_Wayne

Makes me wonder about that FFVII Tech Demo that caused a lot of attention in 2006. Wonder if they were showing off XIII's engine or the one their using for Versus XIII?

It was probably XIII's engine. There would've been more buzz if it were Versus XIII's.

As far as the survey goes, I put a 5 on everything other than the heroine/Agnis. She looks too normal for a Final Fantasy. Maybe a different color for hair?

Many Final Fantasy heroes don't really look weird if you look at them. Bartz, Terra, Squall, Vaan (or Ashe), and the Onion Knights (judging by their official art) don't look weird at all.

Excuse me, still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor. I didn't see, but did anyone happen to link the official site? agnisphilosophy.com/

Maybe, someday, eventually, Square can do something impressive without an overwhelming clamoring for Versus and VII remakes. To be honest, it's to the point - has been for a year or two - that hearing the word "Versus" just gets me annoyed, rather than excited, and I want the game as bad as anyone. Whatever anyone else has said, I'd recommend not cluttering their surveys, which are about the tech demo, with pointless babbling about how much you want a completely unrelated game. It's not even going to the right people. There are other ways to go about it.

Really, though, I'm stunned. The skin texture, the movement, everything, and that's not simple stuff to animate, with that level of detail. I really, really hope this makes it into a game eventually, because I love the look of the world. AND THAT MUSIC. I NEED IT. I NEED IIIIIT. Taking a look at the HD screenshots - particularly if you right-click them and view them fullsize after opening them - the level of detail for realtime is just amazing. Square never fails to disappoint visually.

It's beautiful. A real shame it probably won't ever turn into a real game. The fact that it was all in real time was amazing. Next gen consoles are going to be awesome.

I was thinking it was a little too much Call of Duty like at first. But a few terrorist looking guys with real guns doesn't make it CoD. Either way a mix of modern world and fantasy magic is cool. The potion in a Coke bottle was awesome xD

Originally Posted by Pikachu

It was probably XIII's engine. There would've been more buzz if it were Versus XIII's.

They're both the same engine; Crystal Tools..

It looks amazing, Would really love to see something like this become a game.

Hello everyone!

Thank you all for posting here in this topic. We appreciate your enthusiasm in posting the tech demo, it's pretty amazing isn't it? Though as there's already a topic on this matter in the general discussion section, we will have to close down this thread here. You can find the thread at na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139231... . Thank you all again for posting and have an excellent day!

Originally Posted by imported_Lucas

Originally Posted by Pikachu

That's crazy. And it's taken them 6 years to make a nice trailer for Versus while they're pumping out XIII's right and left ( assuming there is going to be a XIII-3 ). Oh well, I'm not complaining. I enjoy the XIII series.

What I'm wondering about is if they use that for the next gen, how short are the games going to be? If I remember correctly in an interview, one of the head honcho at SE mentioned that one of the reasons XIII seemed so short, was because the graphics were really demanding (at that time). I'll dig the link up. I think it was about an FF VII remake thread. But if that's the case, will games be shortened due to powerful graphics that look life-like?

The video quality is amazing but I hope they make a couple major changes if they plan on making it a full game:
    •change the title
    •completely redo the character design for Agni (she looks weird and kinda plain at the same time)
    •make sure they dont ***** up the story like in FFXIII-2

Originally Posted by imported_Lucas

Pretty sure Versus was switched over to a different engine.

That engine usd in Agni's Philosphy is gonna make when beautiful Square Enix game. Whether it's Final Fantasy or a sweet single title.
    “Turn to the light. Don't fear the shadow it creates.”

I hope that final fantasy 15 will be a new reborn for the final fantasy series

Square Enix Luminous Studio Interview

www.rpgsite.net/articles/393-square-enix...

<address>It looks nice.</address>

Originally Posted by Grimoire

Square Enix Luminous Studio Interview

www.rpgsite.net/articles/393-square-enix...

Here's part 2: www.rpgsite.net/articles/394-agnis-philo...

Arigatou.

Can't wait to see whats more to come....

"SE director of technology: Kingdom Hearts III utilizes Crystal Tools"

kh13.com/news/29408-se-director-of-techn...

Page 2 of 5 First First 12345 Last