Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Agni's Philosophy - FINAL FANTASY Real Time Technical Demo

Agni's Philosophy - FINAL FANTASY Real Time Technical Demo

This was posted on Square Enix's YouTube page. Let the speculation begin.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU

Survey time: form.square-enix.com/a.p/933/

Please everyone vote and tell them to not make the whole shaky cam thing.

Final Fantasy Tech Demo Shows Off Luminous Studio Engine

Sorry for being off-topic, I didn't know where else to post this.

Anyway, Square Enix showed off a tech demo today using its Luminous Studio engine (The same one whose lighting will be used in Versus XIII), and... oh my lord. The thing is absolutely stunning.

Click here for the YouTube link.

from FourPlay Games:
    Despite the engine largely being developed by Square Enix Japan, the company reached out to overseas companies such as Eidos Montreal, IO Interactive, and Crystal Dynamics to share technology. The engine supports features such as procedural animation, high-quality lighting, and higher details in objects. In addition to consoles, the engine can also be used in applications for smartphones, computers, and on the internet.

Is wonderfull this demo

I already posted this in General Discussion. You did a better job of setting up an OP, though: I just said "look there's a new shiny thing" in comparison.

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+

I already posted this in General Discussion. You did a better job of setting up an OP, though: I just said "look there's a new shiny thing" in comparison.

Do you think it would be OK to open a feedback thread?

OK, so I've watched it at least once. As usual, the advances in technology in terms of how much closer to photo-realistic these graphic engines are getting these days contunue to surprise me.

I do hope they really put this to some good (and profitable) use in the future.

Darn, sorry. My bad. :/

Apolgizing in advance for being too crass... I could build a wall with all the bricks after that demo....

I'm... I'm in awe.... I mean... what in the world is gonna be able to support that?? PS3?? Can't be... Only PCs can carry that kind of power, right? I'm just... I don't even... I nearly cried... and my boyfriend just stared at me as I half laughed in amazement after the end...

Final Fantastical Diablo III

So that's what happens to a bottle of Coca-Cola if you leave it for a few centuries or so? The secret origin of potions revealed, huh?

Love it. Art style was amazing. Mixing Middle Eastern, Final Fantasy, and brown shooter styles to create something completely new. Anyone else get an Avatar Vibe too? Well done SE. MAKE THIS GAME!

Loved it. I still can't believe it was all in real time though. I mean that girl (Agni?) looks so realistic... her eyes, skin texture... wow! If they have graphics like these in real time, they could probably do away with pre rendered cinematics, or alteast reduce it to save space on the disc, which can then be used to create a bigger game in general (meaning a bigger 3D world to explore etc).

I also really liked that piece of music at the end. Does anyone know what it is? Or is a custom made?

I "speculate" that it's a tech demo. THE END.

Originally Posted by Zyzxx

Hi, I agree. On the other hand, those Taliban got pwned.

Originally Posted by imported_Wayne

Originally Posted by Zyzxx

Hi, I agree. On the other hand, those Taliban got pwned.

My first thoughts/impressions when I saw them show up was, "Call of Duty? In my Final Fantasy? GTFO, Square Enix."

Then again, Square Enix has production/distrubution rights for Call Of Duty in Japan, so...

These tech demos are the only thing Square Enix manages to finalize and release nowadays, so it seems (over 6 years and no Versus XIII, KHIII)...

I'm becoming more and more upset with Square Enix at this rate. They are getting more and more lazy, feeding us the same recycled garbage/clones/spinoffs/filler games again and again. I really want to see some new IPs. Is that too much to ask of SE? Is it because Sakaguchi left, along with Uematsu and a good amount of other original creators for SE?

The only money Square Enix is getting from me at this point is for my FFXI account (which I am tempted to cancel), and Final Fantasy X HD. After that, chances are I'm done waiting for nothing.

All in favor of being jerkturds and asking for Versus and Type-0 let your voice be heard in the feedback box.

I was mean about it but don't have to be.

Originally Posted by Magius

All in favor of being jerkturds and asking for Versus and Type-0 let your voice be heard in the feedback box.

I was mean about it but don't have to be.

It is OK, I doubt anyone will blame you but i don't think this would be a problem if they were more productive at least in terms of RPGs.

This looks like a concept to be made for a game, coinciding with the release of games like Final Fantasy Versus XIII. They just need to concentrate on Versus XIII at the moment. They should make this into a game, though. Pretty interesting to see what it's like.

I'd take his over Final Fantasy Versus XIII to be honest. I know it's only a tech demo, much worse than a trailer, but the environment seemed very interesting and it looked nice. I thought that it would've looked a lot more realistic than this but I guess I had my expectations too high too soon.

Oh, and I don't think the same people who made this demo were the same people who are making Versus XIII. I think in the end you only see few names of people unrelated to the Versus XIII development.

It looked great. I can't wait for the next generation of games.

For a tech demo it sure is interesting.

Don't think we'll see an FF based on it, but using that engine in the next FF is fine.

PS4/720 tech.

I guess its time for a FFVII remake

"E3 2012: Agni's Philosophy (Luminous Tech Demo)"

eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/e3-2012-agnis...

"On the Tuesday evening at the end of Day 1 we invited all the press and media to come round to our both for a special after hours presentation. Hosted by Square Enix America and Square Enix Japan, they revealed the power of Luminous Studio, our in-house engine designed specifically with next-gen in mind. It's built to be powerful and efficient so that you get the maximum out of our games. The presentation showed how at any point they could stop, make changes (such as giving the old-man green dreadlocks) and the carry on the demo in realtime; all very impressive stuff.

We have the full presentation recorded and will be putting it up soon. Remember, this is all rendered in real-time. Also, don't forget, this is a technology demonstration, not a game. You can find out more on www.agnisphilosophy.com."

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last