Thread: Double Knockout!

Double Knockout!

It's a pretty rare occurence, but if you have very good (or very bad) timing, it's possible to score a double knockout in these games.

I have one example of this in my early play in [duodecim], a computer match with Zidane against the Emperor in that absolutely annoying Pandemonium Interior stage. It was the timing of pulling off a Free Energy at the same time of being hit with one of those homing Flares.

Luckily, it was counted as a win for me!

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+
    It's a pretty rare occurence, but if you have very good (or very bad) timing, it's possible to score a double knockout in these games.

I have one example of this in my early play in [duodecim], a computer match with Zidane against the Emperor in that absolutely annoying Pandemonium Interior stage. It was the timing of pulling off a Free Energy at the same time of being hit with one of those homing Flares.

Luckily, it was counted as a win for me!
    Did you save the replay of that battle? If so I would like to see it b/c I was on the verge of that happening to me once and I ended up winning myself.

Oops! I mentioned the wrong game in the OP. It happened on the original Dissidia: I haven't uploaded anything from 012 at all, even though I've wanted to for ages. Never get around to it.

Here.

Originally Posted by Orichalcum+
    Oops! I mentioned the wrong game in the OP. It happened on the original Dissidia: I haven't uploaded anything from 012 at all, even though I've wanted to for ages. Never get around to it.

Here.
    Yeah, it's cool man. I actually think I did do one in the original game and ended up winning. I guess it happens like a glitch or something. It's pretty awesome.

It never happened to me, but it's something funny (when you win, of course). Apparently the winner is decided based on the BRV.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Originally Posted by Zench
    It never happened to me, but it's something funny (when you win, of course). Apparently the winner is decided based on the BRV.
    Well I analyzed it in detail. Zidane's Free energy is a quick attack and releases in like a second and a half after use. The Flare that The Emperor used is actually a slow moving into a stationary one. His attact takes time to hit. As soon as Zidane released the Free Energy, it hit first and there was enough game time left for the Flare to hit him in that split second. So in a sense, Zidane won that and just got hit illegally in my standpoint.

Originally Posted by Mystogan_T
    Originally Posted by Zench
    Well I analyzed it in detail. Zidane's Free energy is a quick attack and releases in like a second and a half after use. The Flare that The Emperor used is actually a slow moving into a stationary one. His attact takes time to hit. As soon as Zidane released the Free Energy, it hit first and there was enough game time left for the Flare to hit him in that split second. So in a sense, Zidane won that and just got hit illegally in my standpoint.
    You got a big point there. It truly makes sense, considering the aspects you mention about each attack. David Bowie's Flares sure are annoying, even if you win.
    One who knows nothing can understand nothing.

Like I said, I don't know how that worked out for him but apparently things went in his favor. But let's see how others view this. It's actually a pretty good mind bender if you ask me.

Possibly 5 frames before Zidane's got hit by Flare. Always encountered this in AD HOC party.