Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567

Thread: Star Trek Fans! Read This!!!!

Star Trek Fans! Read This!!!!

I dont, but if we dont drink some, we're gonna look wierd...

Here we have free food as 'welcome to our restaurant' (like nachos and salsa, fries, bread, etc..) and over in france, its wine.. Or is it in italy?

Wink

Probably just generally Europe. Think I'll just have the nachos and salsa, myself.http://www.imagemagician.com/images/...ndomi/pant.gif

Let the games begin! LOL

Queen to pawn's level 3

Thats All I know as far as chess terms go...

it was on a TOS episode, where spock and kirk beam down to deliver a supply of some medicine for criminally insane, a former captain can morph into anyone... so there's this secret code they got, the enterprise would 'ask'/say what move they made, and kirk/spock would 'countermove' it.

Fortunatley, the evil captain (guy who can morph) has/had no clue of chess either

Red Face (Embarrassed)

AAGH! I don't even know what move to make. I haven't tried to play chess for about 3 years.

I think you've won already...

oh really ... hmm..

king to rooks level 2
    pawn to bishop level 1
    queen to king level 3

checkmate.

looks at his chess board...

heh. It spells out SOS

Wink

Aaaggghhh!!! I told you I didn't know what move to make. I told you you had already won. Why did ya have to go and embarrass me with a checkmate anyway?

Yes, I'm just kidding!

Wanted to see how many more piece names I could get.

King, Queen, Rook, Bishop and Pawn. Thats all I got.

Oh! Knight. Right? Knight is the horse thing. Bishop is the castle? Pawns are those little things infront of your big pieces... King is the one you need to guard? Queen is the one you need to check with? (i mean, you need to get your queen to his king to do checkmate.. or is it king to queen?)..

Big Grin

What, your headache is gone already?

The only one I'm really sure of is that the Rook is the castle, and that's only coz I was looking up pictures to put in my signature, and I tried coming up with something that went with my username. That's not even why I picked my username. It's refers to something else entirely.

Which makes me wonder, why'd you pick mrdefender as a username? What's the story behind that?

I was 'originally' just Defender... The name tells the story... I just like to defend when im playing computer games. (well, I like action too.. whats the point of making defenses if they're never attacked...).

I just start off with defense and if ppl need me to go offense, I go offense.. but Id rather stay defense. Its more fun (imho).

I added Mister (MR) when I was 16. I was midway in my chemo therapy and felt more mature and I wanted my nick to reflect that. (something about comming close to death makes life look different..).

Yours? (other than the chess thing )

Smile

Mine is the name of a character from a story I wrote, as well as a different character from another story that I am kind of half-working-on now. Then again, all the names I use on various message boards come from characters I've thought up. I use Rook most often, but on forums like ascifi.com (which is a rather nifty place if you happen to take a look) I'm Quill. Most of my "Location" names are places from stories I've written, too. I'm honestly not overly enthused about the things that I write. I'm actually just more attached to the names (and drawing the various characters and places) than the stories themselves.

And we still need to come up with a picture of Defender, the Canadian superhero!

GASP! I haven't been on here for 2days!!! I've just been so caught up on C&C Generals, its awesome...

Hmm.. Games and Defender... :-/ Well.. In Generals, there's an infantry unit called 'Missile Defender'.. I think there's a game with that name too... ......

You know... this nick is so popular, you'd think I would know more sources.... ...

Big Grin

I think I might have an Atari game with that in the title. Probably something like "Galactic Defender." If I hadn't buried all my old games in a box when I got the PS2, I'd be able to go check right now...

I know I've got a game called "Missile Command." Rather cool, for an oldie.

Yah. Only old games have my nick in em.. until now...

I did a search for 'defender' on electronics boutique's website (ebgames.com) and it came out with 3 same games, on different consoles. One for XBOX, PS2, Game Cube and Game Boy Advanced. Dunno what it is cause its console only.. I follow pc games (or pc games that go to console at the last minute... like buffy the vampire slayer, which was released on the xbox 1 month before release)

i'm sorry that this seems like me dredging up something from way before, but i guess i am voyager wasn't 16 years in the delta quadrant. at the beginning of the last episode of voyager, there was a news broadcast celebration of voyager flying over the golden gate bridge as she returned... so cool.. and that was after however-long (was THAT the 16 years?) and that was an anniversary of their return. but old admiral janeway who had developed a lot of anti-borg technology on their trip back, and was now teaching about the borg at the academy (they were still at war with the borg in the future) decided to change time.

old-janeway went back to voyager in the delta quadrant and helped them (including young-janeway) get home and close off the borg transwarp conduits, thereby changing time, but keeping voyager in the current continuity... & then they promoted her, hehehe. i wonder if she'll get like kirk did and want her command back.. or if she's just happy to have it all behind her.

here's the question: that borg transwarp conduit opened close to earth. why had they never attacked before? why did they need to go through starfleet & ufp defenses from as far away as wolf 359 (almost 8 light years away in the constellation leo) instead of just popping up? and why did they decide to go back only to a few days before warp drive on earth instead of say 50 or 60 yrs prior and just obliterate us instead? or subsume the planet in the early to mid 1900's? sometimes it seems the writers just can't be bothered to actually think...

The time frame of when voyager was in the delta quadrant was meer speculation. I made assumptions on several factors.

First, the aniversary of voyager's return. The announcer mentions this was footage of the return of voyager, 10 years ago. After their 23 years in the delta quadrant. So its 33 years when we first see Old Janeway (in the 5 minutes before the main title theme).

On voyager, when Admiral and Captain Janeway talk, Admiral Janeway says its gonna take them another 13 years to get home.. So, with all the other episode stuff. We can assume they spent 13-16 years in the alpha quadrant (some episodes makes it confusing with all the time travel stuff...

As for the transwarp coridor I take it its artifically created by the Borg (the transwarp hub we see in the last episode of Voyager). They probably didnt have resources or something else that explains why they didnt use that corridor (near earth). They needed Picard to mediate with Earth (and get all starfleet captain-ranked only intelligence/information.).

Earth has a formidable defenses. Not to mention ship yards and colonies.. I'm guessing there would've been a major fleet of starfleet ships ready to attack the borg & defend earth.

The borg went thru that way, they eliminated most of the resistance and earth was just there to take over.

I'm not too sure why the borg decided to appear the day before first contact (the event, not the movie.. though they're both the same.. I guess...). All I know is that it cleared the way for the 'Enterprise' Series.

Don't forget that Q Introduced Picard to the borg, in the 24th centuary.. Maybe the Borg didnt know what old earth was like or something..

How the writers write their episodes are beyond me.. I just watch, enjoy them and ask questions later (if I need to ask questions..)

Wink

See there, I miss the forums for a couple of days, and suddenly all the conversations turn multi-paragraph.

It's boggling my simple little mind....

You mean it wasn't detailed enough? ~ sigh

Fine. I'll take up the first 20 pages in my detailed response to the next thread.. It might take me an hour or so.

Page 7 of 7 First First ... 34567