Thread: What's Your '20?

Exclamation What's Your '20?

This is unit 0519 (Niner)

Requesting 10-20 for any units still available for routine patrol in the North Point District, over.

(OORP, anyone still around?)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeiShen View Post
    This is unit 0519 (Niner)

Requesting 10-20 for any units still available for routine patrol in the North Point District, over.

(OORP, anyone still around?)
    Yeah bro, I never left. Just always busy with work. How about You, how You've been?

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingDogs View Post
    Yeah bro, I never left. Just always busy with work. How about You, how You've been?
    I've been good, dude. Doesn't seem like there's much activity here anymore. What a shame. I can't put my finger on it but there's something about Sleeping Dogs that made it better than most triple-A games released lately. It had great potential and promise.

Would be nice to visit the "glory days" again, but sadly, in the words of a famous Rockstar character:

TIME MOVES FORWARD, AND NOTHING STANDS STILL...

I truly hate to see this game father dust but there's not much left for Sleeping Dogs...no sequel, no Dev team, nothing. Sleeping Dogs is now just an artifact of yesteryear; a look back at what can make a great game if other Devs would just take the time to realize it. Oh well; I'll always be a fan...

What little remained of the SD community all left when the old forums were closed down.

Now there's just us 3-4 hardliners and the rare passerby, and that's it.

I'm still here. Just mostly lurking

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeiShen View Post
    I've been good, dude. Doesn't seem like there's much activity here anymore. What a shame. I can't put my finger on it but there's something about Sleeping Dogs that made it better than most triple-A games released lately. It had great potential and promise.

Would be nice to visit the "glory days" again, but sadly, in the words of a famous Rockstar character:

TIME MOVES FORWARD, AND NOTHING STANDS STILL...

I truly hate to see this game father dust but there's not much left for Sleeping Dogs...no sequel, no Dev team, nothing. Sleeping Dogs is now just an artifact of yesteryear; a look back at what can make a great game if other Devs would just take the time to realize it. Oh well; I'll always be a fan...
    I feel the same way, bro. I think part of the reason why Sleeping Dogs worked was not only the team behind it but a caring one. You could really feel that so much effort and love has been put into crafting the game. It's just sad that the business model they tried to go after was clearly a wrong choice which so many of us could see miles away that it would fail. Nevertheless, I will always deeply love the game and the short-lived UFG even with all the shortcomings they had.

However, there IS something to look forward to for SD! It's the Sleeping Dogs movie with Donnie Yen!! Donnie himself confirmed a few months ago that they found a screenwriter and that the production begins this year. He also said that it is a very ambitious project and they wanted to stay authentic to the real Hong Kong and the game, which is... AWESOME!!! Can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomPerson78642 View Post
    What little remained of the SD community all left when the old forums were closed down.

Now there's just us 3-4 hardliners and the rare passerby, and that's it.
    Yeah, man. But true Dawgs will always be here

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    I'm still here. Just mostly lurking
    Ahh, i can't seem to ever catch You on the chat

I missed the good old days too.
    I remember I was so hyped for this game ever since True Crime: Hong Kong, sadly I can never go back...