View Poll Results: What Internet Connection Speed do you have?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I've got a high tech 14.4K modem! with Windows 3.1

1 14.29%
  • I've got a 28.8K modem. Games are constantly in bullet time

0 0%
  • Go 56K!! WOOHOO!!

4 57.14%
  • Cablem Modem (or above) Bow before me!!

2 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Your internet connection?

Your internet connection?

Your internet connection?

What internet connection speed do you have?

Here's a hint from me

Hint 1: I AM A GOD!
    Hint 2: What's this "lag" i keep hearing of?
    Hint 3: It's starts with a "C" and ends with a "able"
    Hint 4: (you gotta be kidding... )

Big Grin

Someday I'll have a real life, and a Net connection that reflects it. Till then, it's 56K all the way... Blah...

http://www.imagemagician.com/images/...ide_md_wht.gif

i still see some 56k ppl out there. but (here anyways) hispeed internet is very affordable. depending on which service (bell or rogers), its only a few bucks more per month, they all have packages.

Rogers has a "digital cable" and "internet cable" deal for like 50 bucks a month.

I think Bell has a deal with either a phone package or their satelite system and high speed "dialup" internet.

Rogers is a TV Cable company which expanded in cell phones, it also has movie rental stores (like blockbuster).

Bell is the "phone company". they own the phone lines. But you can choose a seperate services (i think we only have Bell and Sprint). It has internet, phones (cell and home plus lots of those fancy addons like call waiting) and has a satelite system.

Smile

$50 a month?!!

Wait a minute......Canadian to American dollars.......Jeez, that still sounds like a good bit of money. Maybe I didn't do the math right...

Anyway, I'm stuck with the Net service I got with my computer when I bought it. I'm under contract until March. Then I'll probably jump ship and go for something better. Actually, I don't really mind 56k at all. Maybe if I had a superspeedy connection to begin with, and then switched to 56k it would be torture, but as it is, the load times and stuff don't bother me at all.

I'm a big downloader. so 56k isnt exactly convinient

Big Grin

I'm a big downloader, too. If anything I download involves a lengthy wait (which, with my connection, is just about everything), I just go off and play some Playstation till it's done. Maybe if I was sitting here watching the download percentage crawl up to 100% it would be torture. But if a download is gonna take an hour, I've got better things to do.

what i used to do is download a download manager (i use GetRight) and add all the downloads to the list and download it during the night.

Usually, I had 1 or 2 downloads left (out of 40+)

Smile

Not quite that big a downloader.

I'm more of a big downloader of lots of very small things--like fonts. I have hundreds and hundreds of them. Weird ones, too.

I used to had lots of fonts like startrek ones (Klingon writing, etc..)

Then I removed em cause I never had any use for em.

I just started collecting fonts for no real reason awhile back, then I started using them to make sigs and logos and things. I don't honestly use most of them though. Kinda like the way I collect massive amounts of animated gifs, even though I don't really do anything with most of them either.

http://www.imagemagician.com/images/...rals/chess.gif

Thought about using this one as a signature some time ago, but it's really annoying to look at after awhile. The subject was appropriate. It's a Rook.

lol. nice gif

ooooh. im really a god now. only 1 person (me) voted for cable

3 others have a 56K.

I would lol so hard if someone voted for option 1

Bow to me. I got cable.

Would u look at that, its my son, Hercules

Say hi to your father, Zeus.

throws lightning towards 56k's

Mwahahahahah! in an evil tone

Big Grin

Originally posted by DKSM
    Bow to me. I got cable.
    Show off!

All hail the 56K gods, for they teach us patience and, above all, they impart the blessing of short naps whilst downloading.
    http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/...chlafen015.gif

***gets cracked by one of Defender/Zeus's lightning bolts***

Yow!!

looks around for the God of water

Damn it. We dont have a god of water do we?

I could stand my 56k buts its during the "busy hours" (which appeared to be always) that were murder.

I went to one of those sites that tests your computer and gives u the report, my 56K was acting like a 28.8...

Now thats bad!

Big Grin

Originally posted by mrdefender
    looks around for the God of water

Damn it. We dont have a god of water do we?

Poseidon, Oceanus, Glaucos, Nereus, Triton, Amphitrite--and those are just the Greek ones! Pick a water god, any water god.

I used to study mythology like a lunatic. Can you tell?

I've never really had any experience with a faster connection, so it doesn't really bother me waiting a little longer for stuff to happen with the one I've got.

hmm.. which one should I choose?

I remember studying Gods (hercules) in English 8th grade.

Big Grin

Unless you wanna get even more specific. Then there's Njord (Norse sea god), Dylan (Welsh sea god), Ahto (Finnish sea god), Manannan (Irish sea god), Waruna (Balinese goddess of oceans, seas, rain, etc), Llyr (Irish/Welsh-Celtic god of water and the sea), the list is almost endless...

I never took any classes in school that taught this stuff. I wish I had. I almost took Latin (part of which involves learning about all the Greek gods). I just studied all this wacky stuff outside of school. Then I started making up my own mythology. You ought to see some of the weird beasties I've come up with.

no thanks

I'll stick with the 3 headed dragons or the cyclops..

Big Grin

But what about the three-headed dog?

saw that in harry potter 1

Its called fluffy

Big Grin

Well, I was thinking of Cerberus, but I guess Fluffy works, too.

talk about a name for a 3 headed 10x the size of a human .. dog.

I was shocked when Hagrat said its name. (hagrat is the wierd dude. He's not a teacher, he's like the grounds keeper)

hey hey hey!! Who voted for 14.k??

Someone out there uses 3.1!!!!

Smile

I thought Hagrid was just another wizard, too...a big one... I liked the little dragon, though.

the dragon was cool

Dumbledore/Dumbledorf is the master wizzard/teacher at the school.

He's dead (died of cancer )

They want the wizzard from TLOTR movie.

(lord of the ring)

Page 1 of 2 12 Last