Thread: [16-10-2018] PC Patch Notes for patch 1.0.235.3 (Patch #4)

[16-10-2018] PC Patch Notes for patch 1.0.235.3 (Patch #4)

We have just released the fourth PC patch for Shadow of the Tomb Raider, build 1.0.235.3. This patch focuses fixes a variety of issues, including some related to 100% completion, Dolby Atmos, and Steam Input.

This patch will be applied by Steam automatically when you next start the game. If your game does not update, please restart the Steam client. If your game does not start properly after downloading this update, please verify the integrity of your Steam game files.

Fixes included in this patch:
    • Fixed remaining issues preventing some players from achieving 100% completion.
    • Fixed collectible statistics in the UI being incorrect for some users.
    • Changes related to Steam Input:
      • It now defaults to a new setting 'Auto' which automatically turns On or Off Steam Input depending on whether a controller is enabled for use by Steam in the Steam settings.
      • When using Steam Input the game will now show appropriate icons for all supported controller types, just like when using native input.
    • Fixing some visual artifacts that rarely occurred when using SSCS.
    • Fixed a problem that caused Dolby Atmos to not activate correctly on certain PC setups.
    • Many smaller stability and functionality fixes.

While we expect this patch to be an improvement for everyone, if you do have trouble with this patch and prefer to stay on the old version we have made a Beta available on Steam, Build 234.2, that can be used to switch back to the previous version.

We will keep monitoring for feedback and will release further patches as it seems required. We always welcome your feedback!

Patch notes archive
    Patch #1: https://steamcommunity.com/app/75092...0359687335506/
    Patch #2: https://steamcommunity.com/app/75092...9624806456837/
    Patch #3: https://steamcommunity.com/app/75092...3192533301625/
    Patch #4: https://steamcommunity.com/app/75092...1283882130648/

Xbox One Controller, Windows10: all buttons flipped after the update! Before update my xbox controller worked fine. "Steam Input" was disabled in the game and "Xbox configuration support" was enabled in Steam (I need it to use Steam's Big Picture in-game menu). Now, with "Steam Input" on "Auto" setting all the buttons are flipped and some doesn't even work. For example button "X" is now "A", "Y" is now "B", "Right directional" is now "Down" etc. See screenshots: If I turn off "Steam Input" in game settings, controller stops working entirely. Switching it to "On" equals "Auto". The only workaround I found is to disable "Xbox configuration support" in Steam settings. But doing so disables Steam's Big Picture menu in game. My controller works fine in other games. Pleas fix the buttons in SOTTR!

Today I started regular New Game (not NG+) to check the graphics after the update. And I noticed that in the beginning of the game Lara have all the weapons unlocked (including Shotgun and Rifle). I think it's a bug. I have already completed the story before and started NG+. I just haven't played the game for a wile.
    Last edited by TXGT-FFX; 18th Oct 2018 at 17:21.

Somebody else made a thread pointing out that after this latest patch, there's a particle effects bug; flickering in smoke, clouds and waterfalls. Which I've noticed too. Anybody else?
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    Somebody else made a thread pointing out that after this latest patch, there's a particle effects bug; flickering in smoke, clouds and waterfalls. Which I've noticed too. Anybody else?
    I have this bug too in Paititi, distant fog, steam and smoke are flickering. Disabling Screens Space Contact Shadows helps reduce the flickering but not completely. I think when they fixed SSC shadows they broke something else. Also I don't see any difference between "Normal" and "High" SSCS. Please investigate this Nixxes!

I've tried to fix my Xbox One Controller problem by switching to previous versions of the game - it didn't help. But I've managed to restore the button layout by applying different controller configuration in Steam. To do this - right click on Shadow of the Tomb Raider in Steam and select "Edit Steam Controller Configuration". The controller must be turned on when right clicking on the game's title, otherwise this option will not be shown in drop down menu. But the button icons look weird now, kinda like X360 buttons. And now my controller works only if Steam input is turned On in the game options. It looks like some Steam Update broke the SOTTR native Xbox One controller support. Screenshot:
    Last edited by TXGT-FFX; 18th Oct 2018 at 22:04.

Crash after new patch

since the patch I can no longer start the game with the Geforce Experience recommended settings.
    System:
    AMD R7 2700X ASUS C6H 2x16 GB 3200 Mhz ram NV RTX 2080 FE 416.34 driver
    The game crashes on starting and reports:
    (0X887A006: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG)
    It runs on DX11 lowest settings though.

Maybe that was me. I should have posted here but started a new thread. If the mods want to delete the old one, I'll leave that up to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stellalune View Post
    Hi, Nixxes people. Thanks so much for fixing the 100% completion bug. I've had a smooth run so far, but since the most recent patch, I'm one of many people having issues with moving textures like smoke, waterfalls, etc., flickering. (Video below.) I will l go back to the previous version for now, but it would be great to see a fix at some point. Thanks!

https://youtu.be/aGiZjkzMeKg

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
    16 GB RAM
    GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    64-bit Windows 10
    DirectX 12

Game settings custom per GeForce Experience optimization suggestions. Have not yet tried tweaking individual settings.

Let me know if you need more info, DXDiag, etc.
    Tomb Raider Help & Walkthroughs at tombraiders.net

This update does still not fix the bug for the side mission Free the Rebels. I am unable to speak/free 1 of the four prisoners blocking my progress for 100%

Went back to Patch 1.03 and the Graphics Bug is gone ... But I notice bad experience with FPS Drops to 60fps in some Areas with many peoples. i7 7700k & GTX 1070 (&16GB RAM). Please dear Dev's, fix this problems and the game will be awesome
    Love the new Episode of Lara, better than previous part!

Quote Originally Posted by LIF3MAU5 View Post
    Went back to Patch 1.03 and the Graphics Bug is gone ... But I notice bad experience with FPS Drops to 60fps in some Areas with many peoples. i7 7700k & GTX 1070 (&16GB RAM). Please dear Dev's, fix this problems and the game will be awesome Love the new Episode of Lara, better than previous part!
    How do you roll the game back to a previous patch version?
    signature image

Patch #5 is live ( https://forums.eu.square-enix.com/sh...37#post2301037 ) so this one will be closed. Feel free to submit your feedback in that thread or make a dedicated thread of your own.