Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Game-Breaking Bug

Exclamation Possible Game-Breaking Bug

I was in the beginning stages in the Temple of Life main quest. I have reached a bug where I cannot progress further, it occurs right after the game instructs you to apply mud on Lara to remain in camouflage. Steps after there is a metal hole in the fence to progress to the fight/stealth area, and for whatever reason my game will not Lara to progress by climbing through the hole, which is the expected behavior. I have tried closing the application completely, restarting the Xbox One and going to the last save and trying it again, yet the bug reproduces itself. It may have something to do with Lara having a weapon in her hand at that point in the stage but I am not sure exactly how to reproduce it for any other instance.

Good to hear that i'm not the only one who has to deal with this problem. It seems like its a multi-platform bug, because i'm playing the game on a PS4 Pro. Lets hope they fix it soon, because the game has been awesome until that point...

Same thing for me, and I'm really angry about that.
    Almost 23% of the game done, I don't want to restart the game.
    Things I've tried : re-install the game, delete my save from the XBOX and then download it from the cloud, shut off the system and cut it from electricity for one minute, teleport to another fire, nothing works.
    Already stuck, please do something and do it quickly.
    Last edited by Hikaru_No_Go; 15th Sep 2018 at 22:11.

Quick Update: I started a new game in a new save state and they bug did NOT reproduce. So thankfully there is a work around just a really annoying one. Sorry to hear that hiraku. It*s a super annoying bug but at least it is good to know that if you do start a new game the problem shouldn*t happen again.

Thanks for your message, really appreciate it.
    BUT !
    We don't have to restart the game, it's their job, their mission, their quest to fix it.
    I understand that a bug can exist because the testers haven't found it, I'm ok with that. But if some players like us encounter this problem, so they have to found a solution, don't you agry ?

This same thing happened to me. I went back to the camp fire to fast travel to another camp and went to the one outside the temple where Lara smashes the Inca mural and where you jump into the river. I then swam up the river to the section where you squeeze through the hole in the fence underwater and Same thing, I*m now stuck there. I tried drowning Lara to see if that would fix anything but no luck. It seems this bug removes any automated traversal through a gap or hole. ��

I've tried what you've done (go back to the temple and jump into water) and I'm now stuck in the water, like you. Lara refuse to pass through this hole meanwhile I've passed through it yesterday.
    I really hope the devs will read all this messages and will quickly correct it.

I also wanted to point out that I*m survival sense some lootable objects (plants, chests, etc.) no longer glow orange when this bug is effecting your game. I also no longer have the objective marker in survival sense. Maybe that will help the devs narrow this down.

I've just noticed something strange : when using fast travel, I can see that the fire near the Kuwak Yaku village, on the south east beach, has a little objective marker. Maybe one more thing linked to that bug (which is not fixed yet).

And I really don't want to restart the game because nothing prove that it won't happen again, at the same point or further.

Also running into this problem on Xbox one. Somebody in a reddit thread mentioned that changing their difficulty options fixed it for them, but it didn*t work for me. Dying to have this resolved.

I tried changing my difficulty and that didn*t work for me. Also tried toggling the survival instincts and objective marker in settings but no dice.

Exclamation Game breaking- slow run/no jump

Same issue. It is in a location where you cant go back to a camp and fast travel either. Hopefully this will get fixed. Not being able to jump or run after going through a hole is terrible. Please fix soon.

Same issue here, on PC. Tried rolling back to beta build on Steam, it didnt help. And ofc tried all the obvious like reload, die, zone in and out etc. Only thing I didnt try is to start a new game, because I really dont want to play to the same point and get the bug again, or a similar one later. So I guess waiting for the patch it is. But I hope his will get a hotfix in the next few days, because basically the only thing I can do atm is to fast travel and run around in previously explored areas. This ine is definitely game breaking.

We're sorry to hear of all of you having this problem. The team would really like to investigate this. To collect more information on this can you get in touch with Square Enix support at http://support.eu.square-enix.com/. Specifically they would like to get your save data, but if you get in touch with them they'll be able to assist you with getting together the right informaton.

Thanks for the link, I've sent my problem and description.
    Hope this will be fixed really soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru_No_Go View Post
    Thanks for the link, I've sent my problem and description.
    Hope this will be fixed really soon.
    Yup, me too. Hoping for a quick solution

Quote Originally Posted by NixxesSoftware View Post
    We're sorry to hear of all of you having this problem. The team would really like to investigate this. To collect more information on this can you get in touch with Square Enix support at http://support.eu.square-enix.com/. Specifically they would like to get your save data, but if you get in touch with them they'll be able to assist you with getting together the right informaton.

Getting the save data on Xbox One X?

There is no option to backup or transfer any save data so that it can be provided to Square Enix support.
    But perhaps Square Enix could ask Microsoft that they provide that save data...

Loading an older manual save solved the issue for me. Had to go 3 saves back.

I only have one manual save, I've used only one slot, too bad for me.
    I've received an e-mail from them telling I have to load an old automatic save by pulling left and right simulaneously, but the only thing possible is RT+LT, and these save is at the same moment and I cant do anything more that in my principal save.
    Still stuck, still none solution.
    Last edited by Hikaru_No_Go; 19th Sep 2018 at 07:10.

Wanted to keep this thread going. Just encountered the same issue tonight. I was able to pass this area the first time but got stuck going back for collectibles. This is my first playthrough and I'm currently at at 89%. To make matters worse, I've yet to finish the last mission.

Also submitted to Square Enix support - hope this gets patched soon.

Can anyone verify if the patch that was released today fixed this issue?
    Last edited by Archangel254; 21st Sep 2018 at 22:39.

In France and on XBOX One, no patch released yesterday or today. So still stuck.

Bit the bullet and started a new play through. I am no longer stuck and the only thing I did differently was that I did not do the optional side quest in Kuwaq Yaku first.

Here's the response I got from Square this morning. It explains why they haven't patched the game for this bug yet. They think we're all incompetent and don't know how to press forward on a joystick:

"SQUARE ENIX is unable to provide game hints, tips of strategy. The problem you mentioned does not sound like its related to a glitch of some sort. We recommend that you seek assistance from the manuals, strategy guides, other players and the various community sites. An excellent site to start at is: http://na.square-enix.com. A suggestion we would give you would be to go on the related forums and inquire directly to other players what exactly your issue is and perhaps they experienced similar problems."

I don't know about all of you but I don't consider getting around a glitch on a linear path with only one way forward "strategy". Fix this crap Square.
    Last edited by Archangel254; 23rd Sep 2018 at 16:46.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast