Thread: Gamescom 2018

Gamescom 2018

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - PC Technology Trailer

Shadow of the Tomb Raider will feature Native 4K resolution, HDR, High-Quality Anti-Aliasing, Proven Ambient Occlusion and many other high-end features on PC at launch! Thanks to our partnership with @NVIDIA, Ray Tracing technology will also be added in a post-launch update.
    source
    signature image

Check out this ray tracing demo. You can see the natural shine off the balloons and the distorted shadows. Pretty awesome.
    signature image

"Proven" ambient occlusion? What does that even mean? I was sure AO was already proven in PC gaming for years already.

Not that I'll be upgrading to the RTX 2070/2080, but I know I'll be enjoying plenty of eye candy and looking forward to the game.
    signature image

Shadow gameplay and small interview with Rich Briggs and Daniel Bisson on the XBOX Gamescom conference:

signature image

Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    "Proven" ambient occlusion? What does that even mean? I was sure AO was already proven in PC gaming for years already.

Not that I'll be upgrading to the RTX 2070/2080, but I know I'll be enjoying plenty of eye candy and looking forward to the game.
    I think it's a marketing name for HBAO+
    signature image

A new section of gameplay showcased by IGN - I didn't watch it in full to avoid SPOILERS FOR A PUZZLE:

signature image

I just have one question - why is Lara's hair black?

I skipped through the video to avoid spoilers, but it's practically through the entire video. Look at say 3:37 - 3:47 as a nice example where it should not be basically 100% black shadowed.

Seriously, this black crush thing needs to be addressed, or else I have serious reservations about purchasing this game...
    signature image
    My Fansite: TombRaiderHQ.com