Thread: Look Forward - Not Back

Look Forward - Not Back

Look Forward - Not Back

For those who are reading this, I was quite a prolific voice on this forum constantly writing my appreciation for the original Life is Strange series. I thought it was a wonderfully unique and original game that always eluded correct predictions. Although the ending slightly misfired, it did leave and pave a path for a sequel. I was never 100% sure that a sequel would work, after all, some games are best left alone leaving only imagination for their continuation.

I intentionally steered clear of the independent prequel simply because I didn't need to be told or shown that which I already knew. I much prefer to look ahead than back - especially when much disclosure in L-i-S had filled in quite a few details regarding Chloe and Rachel.

I just happened to log-in today and ventured over to here to take a look and see if the prequel had gained anymore momentum or interest than what it did upon release. What I found was woefully disappointing when compared to the reaction to the original series. This particular forum has had a very poor response count totalling 22 replies from 26 Threads. The original game's content count exceeded a thousand plus. So whether or not this truly represents reflected interest, perhaps we can never be sure, but perhaps it's a good example of how sometimes prequels or sequels can seriously flop.

The onus now falls once again to Dontnod to rekindle much beloved characters and bring back the wow factor that the prequel fell well short of.

It's such a shame.
    Last edited by julietxjules; 14th Jun 2018 at 09:08.
    signature image

Hi Juliet, I too am disappointed at the lack of conversation inn before the Storm. I have played Before the Storm and loved it and I’d recommend it for any fan of the series. It has received positive reviews commercially too.

Long time no see, Juliet.

It really is a shame. Not many folks participated in the threads of each prequel episodes that I made as much as I would've liked to see. With the sequel on the way, plus the Captain Spirit episode that came out recently, I'm hoping the interest will be rekindled.

Originally Posted by Det_Forrester
    Long time no see, Juliet.
    I've been here all the time really. When LiS finished the bottom fell out of this forum - as expected, and people moved on to other things. There was little point in writing threads that I would be the only reader of so I took a back seat and decided to become a ghost visitor, rather than a ghost writer.

When you make mention of "Captain Spirit" you lost me, I don't know what you're referring to. You'll have to explain that one because I don't keep up with the gaming world at all; I am so far behind the pulse line on that one.
    Last edited by julietxjules; 12th Aug 2018 at 19:05.
    signature image

Originally Posted by julietxjules
    When you make mention of "Captain Spirit" you lost me, I don't know what you're referring to. You'll have to explain that one because I don't keep up with the gaming world at all; I am so far behind the pulse line on that one.
    I'm referring to "The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit", which is based on the "Life is Strange" universe and gives a glimpse into what will appear in the upcoming sequel in September. But only if we are cleaver enough to put the clues together. Plus, it's free to play.

More additional info for "Life is Strange 2" will be revealed next week.

Originally Posted by Det_Forrester
    I'm referring to "The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit", which is based on the "Life is Strange" universe and gives a glimpse into what will appear in the upcoming sequel in September. But only if we are cleaver enough to put the clues together. Plus, it's free to play.

More additional info for "Life is Strange 2" will be revealed next week.
    Thank you for the info, most enlightening.

I have more questions if you'll be kind enough to indulge me:
    This Captain Spirit character; is he in the up and coming new game?
    And how does one get access to this 'free to play' demo?

Apart from all that I have yet another quandary. As I mentioned, I don't keep up with all the new games that come out - especially those on the PS4 (I still haven't got one), so in order for me to be able to play the new LiS upon release I need to do one of two things.

1. Buy a PS4.
    2. Buy the game for PC on steam or whatever, and risk the likely possibility that I will encounter problems with the interface between game and computer. The jury's still out.

Knowing my luck, if I venture to buy a new PS4, a year later the PS5 will come out and make my new purchase redundant. . .again!! If you knew the trouble I've had in trying to get genuine PS3 Dual Shock Controllers then you might appreciate this last statement a bit better. It's sad and cynical really, as soon as the PS4 reared its ugly head, Sony stopped supporting the PS3 altogether and now third party manufacturers are making the controllers and they are awfully made and in most part rubbish. That's one, if not the only reason why I have not bought a PS4 yet.

Damn you, Sony.
    Last edited by julietxjules; 15th Aug 2018 at 13:13.
    signature image

Originally Posted by julietxjules
    Thank you for the info, most enlightening.

I have more questions if you'll be kind enough to indulge me:
    This Captain Spirit character; is he in the up and coming new game?
    And how does one get access to this 'free to play' demo?
    1. Yes. Don't know any details yet, but I can say for sure the Captain Spirit character will be in the sequel, but was confirmed to not be the official main character for the sequel.
    2. If you're getting it on PS4, you can find it in the "Demos" section in the PS Store. That's how I managed to download it.