Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E3 2018

E3 2018

With E3 just around the corner, if you're anything like me, you might be wondering when SOTTR will be shown at the conference.

So here's a really nice schedule with the conference times for different time zones that I found on twitter:

(click image to enlarge)

We'll probably get something at the Microsoft Conference on Sunday and then at the Square Enix Conference on Monday.
    • Microsoft - Sunday, June 10 @ 1 PM PDT / 4 PM EST / 9 PM BST
    • SquareEnix - Monday, June 11 @ 10 AM PDT / 1 PM EST / 6 PM BST

As for where to watch it, here's some Livestream links:

Main E3 Streams: Twitch | Youtube | Facebook | Mixer | Twitter
    Xbox Streams: Twitch | Youtube
    SquareEnix Streams: Twitch | Youtube

If you're interested in other conferences, you can check here for more livestream links.

Tomb Raider will also be at the E3 Coliseum on Wednesday, June 13 @ 3:30 PM PDT / 6:30 PM EST / 11:30 PM BST

Tomb Raider

Camilla Luddington, Performance Artist for Lara Croft – Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Jill Murray, Lead Writer – Eidos Montreal
    Darryl Purdy, Performance Director – Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Earl Baylon, Performance Artist for Jonah Maiava – Shadow of the Tomb Raider

The critically acclaimed and world-famous TOMB RAIDER® franchise has sold over 63 million copies globally. Join the creative team and cast behind Shadow of the Tomb Raider as they share new details about Lara Croft’s latest adventure.
    signature image

Thanks for sharing this info. Very helpful

Thank goodness the MS and SE conferences are at reasonable times here in the UK and Europe, and not some ungodly time like 2 or 3 am . And the Coliseum thing, that's a panel with a Q&A I suppose.

Looking forward to seeing what they're showing, though I suspect the demo will be a segment of what was seen at the reveals, but it will be nice for those who haven't seen it. Though it's nothing new of reporters to report on.

^No problem!

And yeah, we got pretty lucky with the conference times. Sony's panel, for example, will be at 2 AM for me!!! No way will I be watching it live as much as I am dying to see The Last of Us Part II.
    signature image

Sorry for the double post but we have SOTTR's E3 schedule:

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/17...he-industry-is

So it's confirmed, gameplay world premiere is TOMORROW at MS's panel (Sunday, June 10 @ 1 PM PDT / 4 PM EST / 9 PM BST). Tune in via https://mixer.com/xbox

signature image

Here's the Gameplay Trailer shown at the MS conference:

Last edited by dark7angel; 11th Jun 2018 at 14:01.
    signature image

Weeeee doggy I am looking forward to this!

Everyone be like "Lara y u do dis?"
    signature image

Hopefully I get lucky again and manage to play this game (I ended up playing the last 2 games in a stroke of lucky PC upgrades ), because it looks like it's gonna be the best one yet and I'm really excited Honestly, the whole XBox conference was pretty great, can't wait to see what Sony has cooked up (*cough* TLOU2 *cough*)... I was hoping for some gameplay tho, does anyone know if there's gonna be a demo?
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

well, the trailer looks interesting and looks like they have finally found the light switch instead of the dull grey look as they had in the previous title. her wearing traditional clothing is a nice touch as well.
    and her butt still looks great.
    signature image

Shadow of the Tomb Raider: One with the Jungle Gameplay Reveal:

Last edited by dark7angel; 11th Jun 2018 at 17:47.
    signature image

Mm yes, generic combat sequence in a dark environment, we have never seen that before...

How about they show off some of the puzzles and tombs that they keep claiming are so good.

Also that opening cutscene was laughable.
    signature image

Kinda wished they'd shown something other than a combat section, but at least this way we won't be too spoiled. I'd rather see tombs and puzzles for the first time when I'm playing. I liked the last trailer sequence.

Edit: it was all very short though. Still, two more days of E3, perhaps there will be a little more during the Q&As.
    Last edited by Rai; 11th Jun 2018 at 18:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Kinda wished they'd shown something other than a combat section, but at least this way we won't be too spoiled. I'd rather see tombs and puzzles for the first time when I'm playing. I liked the last trailer sequence.
    At this point, I don't even care about being spoiled, I just want to see something that shows me that they've bothered to pay attention to any of the complaints that people have had about the last two games. I don't want to play Rise again, I don't want to see another oversized village filled with English speaking foreign natives, I don't want to see Lara fighting against another army of unrealistically weak soldiers, just to have the game finish with no actual point to the damn story.

The only parts that peaked my interest were the two quick flashes from the trailer; 1 - The giant spinning tower of fire and death and 2 - Jonah working with Lara in a tomb. Both of these things were essentially in Guardian of Light all those years ago, a game which is arguably more Tomb Raider than the new trilogy.

Give me adventure, not warfare.

(This isn't aimed at you, Roo, just fyi
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    Give me adventure, not warfare.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly!

I haven't been the biggest fan of TR Reboot and this is one of the reasons. Playing Rise, for instance, every combat section was a chore, I had no fun playing them. And while the game had some pretty big hubs, they felt pretty "empty" for lack of a better word. There were very few moments where I was actually in awe of what I was playing...

HOWEVER, having said this, I am actually looking forward to Shadow. While I still don't agree with the direction they are going with Lara's character - Bisson equating being a Tomb Raider to a defender of the world... - I'm actually cautiously optimistic the game will be an improvement over the past two.

And if I'm honest, I actually really liked what we've seen so far. Hell, I think even Camilla sounded better! And her voice acting has always been a huge let down for me!
    My only complain of what we have been shown so far is that Lara's hair looks hideous! I was never a fan of the mullet hairstyle they've chosen for Reboot Lara, but now it looks worse than ever.

EDIT: Shadow of the Tomb Raider 4K PC Gameplay – First Look:

Last edited by dark7angel; 11th Jun 2018 at 19:47.
    signature image

^ Finally, something decent to look at.

(excluding the choppy hair, hideous white ledges and grey wall run smears)
    signature image

NVIDIA have some 4K screenshots up here.

I LOVE this one:

(click image to enlarge)
    signature image

Maybe it's a minor thing, but when they said "become one with the environment" I was hoping to see more than "drawer stealth" - the standard 'curtain' kind of mechanic where she just moves into some leaves on the wall.
    Perhaps something where she could just lean into a tree and blend in.
    signature image

IGN showed more gameplay footage:

signature image

watched now all the videos and looks like not much has changed. recycling the same traps and still keeping it dark. while it look neat to hide in a mud wall like in rambo 2, i still like to see puzzles and tombs. stealth is all fine and good but if they put the focus on that more than actual tombs, puzzles and traps, my view of the series will be seen very low.
    rise was bad in my view. i have played it only once and never touched it again besides for the very first level that actually felt like playing a tomb raider.
    signature image

looks good, can't wait to play
    Raiding tombs since 2007. tumblr | N7 #HeroOfFerelden #ChampionOfKirkwall
    signature image

Square Enix Presents E3 2018 - Day 1 - SOTTR Developer Q&A - Starts @ 2:28:34:

Last edited by dark7angel; 13th Jun 2018 at 20:23.
    signature image

Rooster Teeth Live from E3 - New Shadow of the Tomb Raider gameplay footage

EDIT: Square Enix Presents E3 2018 - Day 2 - SOTTR Q&A with Camilla Luddington and Earl Baylon:

Last edited by dark7angel; 15th Jun 2018 at 14:24.
    signature image

Have we got the E3 Coliseum Day 2 with Camilla, Earl, Jill, Meagan and Darryl yet? Anyhoo:

https://youtu.be/tvEU0YnjwIE?t=2h25m49s

This felt really natural with everyone being more at ease than I've seen before. Jill looked really nervous though. Also, I think the approach Darryl has with allowing the actors more freedom seems to have paid off.

Edit: Shadow doing well at E3: https://twitter.com/tombraider/status/1007059274952949761
    Last edited by Rai; 14th Jun 2018 at 01:18.

9 Minutes of Shadow of the Tomb Raider Gameplay | E3 2018

(It's the same one IGN showed but without the dev commentary)
    signature image

I think we do see some of classic Lara with Lara's tank top. It does look similar to classic Lara.

OMG they brought back the wall run from Anniversary and Underworld, I could cry. It's something we saw in the older version of Lara, but not necessarily the original original Lara.
    Last edited by Lara_Fan_84; 18th Jun 2018 at 23:32.
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast