Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meet The Team for SotTR.

Meet The Team for SotTR.

If you notice on the Official Site, each month we'll get something new. Well, May (leading into June) is Meet the Team. According to the tweet, we should be getting daily videos. https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...39568218828800

Video 1, Daniel Bisson.

Was kinda hoping he'd talk about himself more, not the game
    signature image

Oh me too. But these little snippets could get really interesting.

Video 2, Emilie Guilloux, Lead Performance.

^Some new concept art in the new video! Cool!

Also, that lady has a really thick accent! I LOVE IT!
    signature image

This new video talks 30 seconds about the sound. I don't have the YouTube video yet just a tweet:

Video 3, Lead Sound Designer, Frederic Arnaud.
    https://twitter.com/tombraider/statu...626183680?s=20

Last edited by Rai; 23rd May 2018 at 16:29.

Pretty cool that they used real Mexican voices and real local sounds like the birds he mentions.
    signature image

Video 4, Jason Dozois, Narrative Director

https://twitter.com/tombraider/statu...81444330065920

Last edited by Rai; 24th May 2018 at 16:11.

Sorry for double post, but new video.

Video 5, Jill Murray, Lead Writer.

https://twitter.com/tombraider/statu...43823555215360

Hope this link works, Twitter has gone loopy on me.

Last edited by Rai; 25th May 2018 at 16:26.

^Link works fine, Rai!

Nothing really new in this one, but I just really like Jill for some reason!

Also, I really like that little snippet of music we get at the very end of these videos. It gives me some serious Bear Mccreary vibes for some reason... It would be a dream to have him as the composer but it's probably impossible since he was working on God of War...
    signature image

Yeah, the music is really nice. I wonder if we'll meet the composer during one of these videos, or if we'll have to wait until E3. I enjoyed the short storyboard animation in this one.

Anyhoo, updated with the YouTube embed.

This week's video talks more about how Lara can instil fear into her enemies. These French accents are killing me.

Video 6, Mathieu Bissonette, Level Designer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...30980864937989

As soon as I find the YouTube vid, I'll add it.

^Nice! Some brand new concept arts in the video:

(Found this image on TRForums)
    signature image

In today's video we learn a little about deadly puzzles.

Video 7, Yann Regnier, 3D Artist.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...93375122472960

Some of those designs look really cool. .

^This guy created over 50 puzzles/mechanisms for the game! I already love him! Let's hope they were all used!!!

Also, I think it's pretty cool that he limited himself to the materials available at the time the mechanisms would have been constructed. It's a really nice detail.
    signature image

I doubt all of them made it in, but we'll see. I wonder if any of them don't involve the use of rope .

I'm both intrigued yet a little scared by the thought of a spider-like mechanism. *gulp.

^Yeah, Rise did overuse the rope mechanic for its puzzles... it's okay for a few of them, but for ALL... it's a bit overkill...

And you're probably right, it's a bit wishful thinking to expect all 50+ designs to make it into the game. It would be nice though...

Overall, I just want more puzzles with more variety than what we had on Rise. And I want them to be mandatory and not side missions.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    ^Yeah, Rise did overuse the rope mechanic for its puzzles... it's okay for a few of them, but for ALL... it's a bit overkill...

And you're probably right, it's a bit wishful thinking to expect all 50+ designs to make it into the game. It would be nice though...

Overall, I just want more puzzles with more variety than what we had on Rise. And I want them to be mandatory and not side missions.
    agreed. rise was very mundane with its puzzles and especially traps. using the same trap throughout the game was just lazy. so far these videos look promising and i hope they have taken the parts out that were bad in rise.
    signature image

Today, it's all about the concept art. Meet -

Video 8, Charly Chive, Concept Artist:

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...01055095980033

Last edited by Rai; 30th May 2018 at 19:40.

Update:

Video 9, David Hubert, Cinematics Director

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...18334794870787

Someone please comment so I don't triple post .
    Last edited by Rai; 31st May 2018 at 16:34.

Ooooh! That's probably the scene Camilla and Jill were talking about during the Tribeca Games panel! Camilla said they had to do several takes to get it right and she started like provoking Jonah's actor so that she could get him pissed off for the scene!

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Someone please comment so I don't triple post .
    Funny you asking this and then triple posting accidentally!
    signature image

Yeah, it looks like the final cinematic of the demo. It's very emotional and very well acted.

And yeah, the irony is not lost on me .

^Since you played the demo, would you say Shadow is better acted than the previous two games?

It's one of the things that always bugged me in the Reboot games, how everything is so over-acted. And while I'll probably never be a fan of Camilla's acting as Lara (she seems like a wonderful person, but her voice acting just doesn't click with me for Lara...), I think a big part of my dislike for her performance comes from poor direction: the heavy-breathing, the over-dramatic desperation in the delivery of her lines... I think a lot of it can be improved with better direction.

So, did you notice if there was any improvement or did it look the same for you?
    signature image

I've had mixed feelings over the acting in TR'13 and Rise. I do agree there have been moments of over-acting, which I put down mostly to bad direction. I do feel Camilla is underrated. There are times she did really well. She does best during one-to-one interaction. Going by what I remember of the demo, the acting was really on point. There was a moment when Lara screams Jonah's name, and I thought, uh oh, here we go, but honestly the scene is so well done, it really hits the emotional spot. These are two friends arguing, and even though they're equally sure they're in the right, they hate that they're fighting. I'd say the acting and direction has improved.

Video 10, Audrey Flammand Lapointe, Senior Lighting Artist.

https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/sta...80536601251843

^Thanks Rai! It's reassuring to hear that they have improved on the acting and direction.

Interesting. In the new video, she says: "Is it something from the past, or is it in the present?" - Flashbacks confirmed! Question is, will it be more Lara flashbacks or will it be about the myth?
    signature image

Don't worry about the double-posting rule that much, folks. We rarely enforce it here and when we do it is only when someone is abusing the forum by spamming it for their own interest or simply failing to use the multi-quote feature when doing a series of replies all at once (i.e. minutes apart).

In cases like in this thread where someone is providing a service to the community (providing updates about the game) double-posting (or even triple) is fine. In fact, it actually helps to notify the community that new info is available in the thread (a new post makes the thread title go bold) so don't sweat it

Regarding post deletion, though - everyone should be able to delete their own posts if it's not a thread OP. Are you unable to do this yourself, Rai? If so I'll have a look what the problem could be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast