Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Full Reveal

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Full Reveal

Tomorrow is the day we're going to see Shadow for the first time!!!

The countdown in the official TR site ends at 2 PM BST at which time we should get the full trailer.

EDIT - Shadow of the Tomb Raider - The End of the Beginning

Later, at 9:20 PM BST, we'll have the Tribeca Games Panel, with a livestream on Twitch

4:20 PM -- 5:00 PM EASTERN
    A Special Preview of Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Join the creative team behind the critically acclaimed and world-famous TOMB RAIDER® franchise, which has sold over 63 million copies globally, as they discuss the evolution of Lara Croft and share in the techniques, tools and inspiration behind the series. Daniel Chayer-Bisson (Senior Game Director), Jill Murray (Lead Writer), Rich Briggs (Senior Brand Director) and special guest Camilla Luddington (performance artist for Lara Croft) will be on hand for this special event moderated by Geoff Keighley.

Note: Livestream will start at approximately 4:20 PM with the PANEL conversation. Exclusive gameplay will not be livestreamed.
    EDIT: If anyone wants to see the Tribeca Panel, here's the video:

In the meantime, magazine covers have started to surface.
    The one for Jeux Vidéo features a new image of Lara!!!

(click image to enlarge)

I swear it looks like Andy Park's artwork!!! I LOVE it!

EDIT: AH! It really is Andy Park's art! Here's the full image:

(click image to enlarge)

EDIT: Apparently there's an event in London taking place today, where the game is being presented to some fans. And one of them has shared this pic on twitter where we can see the box art for the game:

(click image to enlarge)

I think that's it for now. Can't wait for tomorrow!
    Last edited by dark7angel; 2nd May 2018 at 20:25.
    signature image

I really like the new artwork!
    Also, conveienent that it cuts off at her waist, hiding her dual pistols

Also - Croft Edition, I like it!
    I'm hoping the steelbook comes with the Collectors Edition, which I spy a fancy looking statue

EDIT: So, I won't post links because they're probably not meant to be out yet, but the first screenshots of the game were posted and it looks pretty good

Wish I could have gone to one of the events to see it first hand...
    Last edited by a_big_house; 27th Apr 2018 at 01:59.
    signature image

Wow, if that's what she looks like in-game, she is stunning Somewhere between 'Rise' Lara and 'T.o.Osiris' Lara.

And the environments, wow. Collector's edition... statue - wow! May have peed my pants a little. Bring on the trailer!
    signature image

Trailer + screenshots are up on the official site, trailer is just cinematic though seems we'll have to wait a bit longer for the gameplay. That's not really a 'full' reveal so far..

HERE'S THE REVEAL TRAILER:

There's also a bunch of screenshots from the game!

Here's just some of them:

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

(click image to enlarge)

Check the rest out on the official TR site!
    signature image

I don't like her face in the trailer, but it's just CG so I guess it doesn't matter.

Super disappointed that we won't get gameplay until E3, people were literally playing the game yesterday, so there's clearly something to show.

Also, I checked my pre-order options via the site; I had 1 - the standard version for £60 via the SE store. That's a hard pass.
    I think I'll loiter on Amazon as per usual.
    signature image

^Yeah, I'm not really sold on her face either, but since it's CGI it shouldn't matter... let's just hope she doesn't look like that in-game!

And it's indeed very disappointing we won't be seeing any gameplay until E3, specially since today was announced as a Full Reveal of the game, and later today gameplay will be shown at the Tribeca Festival, it just won't be livestreamed...
    Last edited by dark7angel; 27th Apr 2018 at 13:25.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    I don't like her face in the trailer, but it's just CG so I guess it doesn't matter.

Super disappointed that we won't get gameplay until E3, people were literally playing the game yesterday, so there's clearly something to show.
    Where does it say that we won't get to see gameplay until E3? Just curious. Because if that's the case I genuinely don't understand why they call it a full reveal. Especially since they are like you said demoing it to people and also press.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Where does it say that we won't get to see gameplay until E3? Just curious. Because if that's the case I genuinely don't understand why they call it a full reveal. Especially since they are like you said demoing it to people and also press.
    Here:

It says "June - E3 - First Gameplay Revealed"
    signature image

Yup, what DA posted
    signature image

Just had a look on Game.co.uk and they seem to have a 'totaku' statue with some of their editions; https://www.game.co.uk/en/shadow-of-...-bonus-2364914
    There's no photo, but looking at their website they seem to have some cool stuff; https://www.mytotaku.com/
    Perhaps its just the collectors edition statue though?
    signature image

I think her face looks pretty good, she's just not the "cute Lara" we've seen of the last two. Somewhat older, hardened. Was a bit of a bummer to get only a cinematic but I'm looking forward to E3 gameplay. I really hope the mud and blending in is something you can do!
    signature image

Having played the demo at the London reveal yesterday afternoon, early evening, I can confirm Lara looks like her slightly improved Rise self.

Hello! coming out of my cave to say I'm really annoyed that I sold my TV and xbox just in time for this reveal! LOL.

In all seriousness, I'm definitely going to play it when I get a chance. Looks good so far!

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    I did like the new face because Lara lost her doggy-dog eyes from Rise which had been really ugly. The game will be released in Sep, so I don't really care about not seeing actuall gameplay. Just excited that it's coming so early this year.

Wanted to pre-order TR Ultimate, sold out? lol I hope it's just for the moment, but seems it's not limited, so I'll get mine.
    Last edited by Tallantis; 27th Apr 2018 at 20:37.

The Tribeca Livestream just ended. It was a little lame watching them comment gameplay we didn't see...

So, a few things that were discussed:

PS: The new writer is a precious cinnamon roll. Poor thing trying to talk and being cut out by the guys. Looking a little nervous over there. She's so shy, I can relate!
    Last edited by dark7angel; 27th Apr 2018 at 23:05.
    signature image

Thanks for the details!! Back to Peru then.....Shivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallantis View Post
    ... Lara lost her doggy-dog eyes from Rise which had been really ugly...
    Really? I thought Rise Lara was the best looking Lara we've had...

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    The Tribeca Livestream just ended. It was a little lame watching them comment gameplay we didn't see...
    That might have been a touch spoilery...

I'll reiterate, based on your comment - I absolutely hope the stealth is a big thing, with blending in and stuff. It would be easy to sort-of say "we want her to blend in, be hidden in plain sight", but to actually implement it in such a way that is felt by the player rather than a meter/percentage indicator - wow.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    That might have been a touch spoilery...
    Sorry! I've edited my post and added spoiler tags.
    signature image

Collector's Edition contains the Croft Edition, i.e. season pass. Seriously, thank you SE.

I've always believed that if the customer pays all that money for the CE, a season pass should be on the table if the "deluxe" (i.e. slightly inferior) version has one.
    signature image

Just glad that we are getting another TR game
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkiesXXV View Post
    Yes. ALL of us.

Quote Originally Posted by YardFowl View Post
    Yes. ALL of us.
    Indeed...Look what the release strategy for RISE did to the community. It made quite a few people walk away in disgust, which was rather sad.
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Having played the demo at the London reveal yesterday afternoon, early evening, I can confirm Lara looks like her slightly improved Rise self.
    Any chance you asked if Croft Manor was making a grand return!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gitb97 View Post
    Hello! coming out of my cave to say I'm really annoyed that I sold my TV and xbox just in time for this reveal! LOL.
    Welcome back to the outside world!
    Why would you sell your TV and Xbox?

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    PS: The new writer is a precious cinnamon roll. Poor thing trying to talk and being cut out by the guys. Looking a little nervous over there. She's so shy, I can relate!
    Lets hope she stays precious and doesn't get the Pratchett virus

Thoughts on your spoilers;

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkiesXXV View Post
    And in theory, even more after Shadow
    signature image

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast