Thread: Shadow of the Tomb Raider Official Teaser

Shadow of the Tomb Raider Official Teaser

YAY! New forum section!!!

Anyway, here's the teaser we got today:

And the Official Press Release:

LOS ANGELES, CA (March 15, 2018) Square Enix® today announced Shadow of the Tomb Raider™ will be available in six months for the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Windows PC/Steam®. All platforms will launch simultaneously on September 14, 2018.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider will be unveiled on April 27, 2018. Fans around the world can visit www.TombRaider.com for a chance to play the game and meet the developers at one of three exclusive reveal events.
    signature image

We see middle America. I'm really looking forward to the new game. RotTR was a fine step ahead of the reboot. Now I hope there will be a bit more puzzles, far more mysticism and less merceneries. I'll preorder after the versions are revealed.

Yay to new section!

Well there's really not much to go on from that trailer besides the location/(?), the eclipse and that one mercenary that Lara is shadowing. Roll on April 27th when we get more!

Awesome!!! TOMB RAIDER is officially BACK this year & released on all platforms straight away...Hurrah!!!
    With that release date, it would be pretty cool to release a special edition that also has the new movie on the same disc.

TAKE MY MONEY...Ha!!!
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

someone turn on the light.
    i hope this time when the game comes out, it wont be that dark again. being in a green hub should be colorful and not obstructed with a grey filter.
    signature image

As short as the scenes are, most are clearly at night. And the couple that look like they're during the day, I dunno, how bright is dense jungle anyway, where thick foliage obstructs the sunlight.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalrocks View Post
    someone turn on the light.
    i hope this time when the game comes out, it wont be that dark again. being in a green hub should be colorful and not obstructed with a grey filter.
    Like in real-life your biological night vision inhibits the color vision. But still I'm also interested if "not actual gameplay" also means that it was just completely rendered or the ingame engine. We will se in April.

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS !!!!!!!

AND IT'S RELEASED IN SEPTEMBER ??!?!?! THAT'S LITERALLY ONLY 6 MONTHS AWAY !!!!!!!!!

I WILL PURCHASE TWO COPIES ~ ONE FOR MY ORIGINAL PS4 AND ONE FOR MY PS4 PRO !!!!!

MY MONEY IS READY !!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for yelling. I'm just really thrilled about this !!!!

Come on September... Be here already !!!!!
    signature image

My observations from the teaser...

Do her shins look more padded to anyone?

Did she steal (and decide to wear?) a golden skull necklace?

The armed guy isn't wearing the Trinity logo and has a skull mask/face paint?

I'm guessing this game will have creepy un-dead Mayans then? (at 0:09, it moves...)
    signature image

I wonder at the last shot that the game will have NPC's like town folk but damn I wonder how big the game will be.

Should this section not be themed as the Rise section is themed?
    Last edited by YardFowl; 20th Mar 2018 at 18:25.

Quote Originally Posted by YardFowl View Post
    Should this secriin not be themed as the Rise section is themed?
    I'm hoping once renders are revealed, admin will work their magic and add the renders as a forum theme.

Oh my god this looks awesome. I'm really looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the trailer, I like the Mayan pyramids looks like it will be very good.

The 'news' part on the main menu of Rise has updated to say when Shadow is coming out. Just thought that was cool.
    signature image

a_big_house ~
    Hey, she's been damaging her body for 20 years, so I think it's about time she Finally upgraded some of her survival gear, don't you think ?

But, I'm actually surprised she wasn't able to get that from the many mercenaries she had come across throughout the games.
    Or, just simply purchased them. Wait, did they wear shin padding ?

Obviously, I really like the shin padding on her... if nobody can tell.
    Last edited by NightRain'06; 9th May 2018 at 16:36.
    signature image

My only hope is you don't have to upgrade the shin pads or any other protection every so often, because the padding wears away after so many hits. Like you have to find certain items such as pieces of wood or something and a few other things to make the upgrades. It was OK for the weapons to find things to make bullets and to make more arrows and what not, but that would be a bit much in my opinion.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    My only hope is you don't have to upgrade the shin pads or any other protection every so often, because the padding wears away after so many hits. Like you have to find certain items such as pieces of wood or something and a few other things to make the upgrades. It was OK for the weapons to find things to make bullets and to make more arrows and what not, but that would be a bit much in my opinion.
    I was just joking about the upgrades to shin padding. That would be very annoying.

Maybe it'll be part of outfit(s) ? Because I think that will make more sense.
    Last edited by NightRain'06; 20th Jun 2018 at 19:21.
    signature image

NEW video and y'all gotta see this.

* Largest hubs ever.
    * LARGER tombs
    * Barter with the locals for resources
    * Return of mechanical puzzles and death traps
    * Option to... get ready for this.... DISABLE WHITE LEDGES!!!!

In summary... SHUT UP AND TAKE MY UNCLAIMED INHERITANCE!!!

signature image

well. looks like they have finally found the light switch for a green area. not this stupid grey filter as it was in rise. at least the traps dont seem to repeat it self.
    interesting feature ot set the difficulty for puzzles and exploration. sounds like silent hill 2 were the game also gave you the option to do that.
    signature image

Paititi looks gorgeous!!! LOVE the colours and how vivid it looks!

I was already aware of the no white ledges, but actually seeing it put a smile on my face!

I'm also loving the mechanical puzzles, the traps, the bigger tombs and crypts - awesome stuff!

The RPG elements I'm not so sure about. It's just not my kind of thing.

Anyway, this was a great belated birthday present! Thanks EM!
    signature image

The Paititi video deserves it's own thread, tbh.

The hub looks gorgeous and almost open world. I have a feeling I may lose the people I've spoken to when I need to go back . I love the immersion language option. I'm also not sure on the rpg elements, but I can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    The Paititi video deserves it's own thread, tbh.
    Here you go!
    signature image