Thread: Trailer 2

Trailer 2

Here's the second trailer for the movie:

signature image

Love it! Alicia is, so far, doing reboot Lara justice.

I honestly don't like it, not that it's a bad trailer in any way, but I'm just tired of the daddy drama and if this trailer is anything to go by, it's going to be even heavier in that department than I thought. A lot of the lines are cheesy as hell - "You messed with the wrong family" had me rolling my eyes so hard... and there's more stuff that bothered me but I don't want to be a negative nancy...

I just... I'm sad that I'm not joining the hype train. I wanted to be freaking out "NEW TR MOVIE YAY!!", but I'm just not feeling it and I guess this just ain't for me...
    signature image

YAAAS

I officially approve - Sorry ABH of the past
    signature image

I love it! Got me so pumped! And the rendition of Destiny's Child's "Survivor"...superb!

I don't like how they're combining the first and second game. I wish they had done the first movie with the first game, second movie with the second game. I mean, if this movie does well what will they use for a sequel?

You saw actors to play Mathias and Roth but we don't see them in the trailer, which is weird.

It makes me pumped but I also have mixed feelings about it. It looks like there is lots of action and the actress does a great job portraying the new Lara but it feels off. Is Lara looking for the Divine Source or researching Himiko? Or is it something different? It's sort of neat how she has sort of puzzle boxes and what not but I was hoping for more familiarity with the game since it's supposed to be based on the game. But, it is only a trailer.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Lara_Fan_84 View Post
    I don't like how they're combining the first and second game. I wish they had done the first movie with the first game, second movie with the second game. I mean, if this movie does well what will they use for a sequel?You saw actors to play Mathias and Roth but we don't see them in the trailer, which is weird.It makes me pumped but I also have mixed feelings about it. It looks like there is lots of action and the actress does a great job portraying the new Lara but it feels off. Is Lara looking for the Divine Source or researching Himiko? Or is it something different? It's sort of neat how she has sort of puzzle boxes and what not but I was hoping for more familiarity with the game since it's supposed to be based on the game. But, it is only a trailer.
    Walton Goggins is playing Mathias, though it's a different interpretation of the character (the bearded guy in the white shirt). I don't know where you heard Roth was in it, but it definitely looks as if he isn't. At one point there was speculation that Alexandre Willaum was playing Roth and possibly even Konstantin at one point, but his character is currently nameless in the cast list, though it's clear he's a Trinity merc. I've seen scenes with him in, but blink and you'd miss him. While the film has taken the father story (altered) and added Trinity over the Solarii, the plot is at least inspired on TR'13 (you must have recognised a few familiar set pieces). Lara is looking for an island off the coast of Japan which requires going directly through the Dragon's Sea. I don't know why they've not used the name Dragon's Triangle, but it's most certainly Yamatai. They're keeping quiet on the supernatural myth side of it, but that keeps it as a surprise, imo. I don't know if this is too spoiler heavy,but it's all stuff that can be found in the synopsis found on the imdb page and made out through the trailers.

I have some new thoughts!

There looks to be a fair amount of footage of Lara at the manor (at the end of the film?) she's not going to be there alone, so who could she be with?

Speaking of characters in the trailer... Still no footage of Lara's faux love interest, or "Sophie" (methinks, perhaps that's not her actual name and is potentially Himiko type character?)

Also, after rewatching the trailer, I get the feeling that Daniel Wu is going to die during a standoff with Mathias, protecting Lara whilst she escapes - think of the fisherman who gets shot during the burning village scene in TR9

There's a part in the trailer where Lara is stood on the beach looking out across the rocky shoreline - as the camera is panning around here, you can see that she is holding her side - are we going to get a scavenger den rebar scene?

Also, this;

<3
    signature image

I think it's Sophie's voice that says "At some point we have to come to terms with who we are, who we're meant to be." Hannah John Kaman plays her and she is meant to be the bff. I've not seen or heard HJK in anything so I don't know what she sounds like, though others have said it's her. And no we haven't seen her character on screen yet. Yeah Lara hanging of ledges one handed is kinda her thing .

Yeah, you're right... I know her from Killjoys and it does sound like her... Damn.

Bit of a random thing to say to your best friend though, right?
    signature image

A bit random, yeah, especially taken out of context. I like that it's reminiscent of what Lara says herself for the games " We become who we're meant to be" though, pretty cool .