Thread: Forced to pay USD 100 to transfer from Free Trial to Regular Account

Forced to pay USD 100 to transfer from Free Trial to Regular Account

Forced to pay USD 100 to transfer from Free Trial to Regular Account

Basically got a Free Trial Account, leveled a character to 35 and as I could no longer advance in the game decided to purchase it.

I followed the "Account" link in the FFXIV launcher and it took me to the Mog Station.

There is a huge button telling me to "TRANSFER TO FULL GAME" so I follow that.

There are two buttons to either enter a registration code (from a previously purchased game) or to Purchase the game (Windows only), and the only visible warning is about PS4 game.

When pressing "Purchase the game" I'm given a second warning ";Users who wish to play the Mac version must purchase a separate copy of the game before accessing the Mog Station.", once more the Playstation warning and a User Agreement.

By pressing Next I'm presented with options to purchase either the Starter Edition or Complete Edition for USD 59,99 (Windows), and amongst the payments methods available I'm given the option to pay with Crysta, so I decide to go with that.

As my Crysta was at 0, I'm asked to purchase Crysta to continue with the process, which I proceed to do for USD 59,99.

Only AFTER I've purchased 5999 Crysta and tried to proceed with my order I recieve the message that I cannot upgrade my Free Trial Account via the Mog Station and that I should purchase the game at the Square Enix Online Store, where, of course, they don't take Crysta.

So, to actually be able to play the complete game they're now making me pay USD 59,99 AGAIN. For a mistake that is theirs.

When contacting Chat Support I'm told by a very unrespectful agent that they don't do refunds and that I should use the Crysta to pay for the monthly subscription, so not only they're making me spend twice the money at once, they're also telling me how much time I will be spending in the game. They're basically holding me captive.
    I should mention this agent also didn't believe me Crysta payment is available at the MogStation, so when I tried to send her a screenshot she treated me like I was some sort of threat that was trying to send her a virus, and then closed the chat.

Now I'm in Argentina, and in here USD 100,00 are equal to 25% of a persons minimum wage. I was able to pay USD 59,99 this month and then a monthly sub for USD 12,99 but I never agreed to spend the equivalent of the game and 5 more months of sub all at once.

sue them, they'll have to hire local representation and it'll cost them a TON of money

Unhappy I have never seen worse customer support anywhere!!!!

Square Enix apparently like to make a mess of things and then never clean up. The way they set up their regional stores is a big mess. Here is my story for you people out there to learn from:

I reside in the Middle East region, which by the way is not listed at all in any of the Square Enix stores. So, I go and buy Final Fantasy 14 from their North American store. I paid the money and then I got the activation code. Then they ask me to create a MOG service account. So I create one and put my address in the middle east (As it is my actual address). It was then that I realized that Square Enix considered the Middle East as being part of Europe, They must have been absent during geography class. So when it was time to activate the game, I got an Invalid Code error because it can not be used across different regions!!!! I still do not understand why though when it should be valid even on the moon since I paid money for it!

So I contact Square Enix European Support, They tell me to contact North American Support and request a refund and then buy the game again from the European store, then I should be able to activate it properly according to them. So here I am, Three support tickets and four days later with an activation code that does not work and a game that I paid for but can not play!!!

How wonderful is that!!!!