Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: FF7 Remake "multi-part series"

FF7 Remake "multi-part series"

Multi-part series? No way in hell

It all sounded too good to be true and I've been waiting nervously; looking back at Square's habit of finding unique ways to completely destroy a game. That's probably the worst thing you can do. Even if you get everything else right, that is still ruining it.

You have to be mentally handicap to think FF7 fans, new or old are going to be OK with FF7 as a multi-part series. The writing is already on the wall and it's only been a day.

Enjoy your loss of revenue and customers.

Say no to the episodic content

Square Enix has released a press release that the game will be multi part game!!
    Lets say no to that!

Originally Posted by MouseCheeksNavidad
    Eugh... Yeah, this could be pretty bad. It's sort of vague though, so cross your fingers and hope that they just mean something like the compilation. We should try to wait for official confirmation before jumping onto things.

On the bright side, if it is episodic, it could mean that we'll be getting more content than the original game gave us. Maybe they'll make it a higher quality than usual. More time to work on things, more disc space to jam stuff in. The problem is if they'll be doing that or not and if they plan to sell it for full price if they choose not to...

But I agree, if that's really how it is, this is dumb.

i agree soooooo much. if they make the game in episodes, i'm done with square enix, iv been a long time fan but they have been *** with my emotions for too long.

I fell the same way!
    My hype went from 100 to 0 real fast!

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/673702586382348289

We gamers are so FU"#ED!
    Because of the stupid people that buy DLC
    It will be SEVERAL parts!
    The link if from the twitter of Takashi Mochizuki

Originally Posted by Ricardo_PT
    Calm down and look again.

"Square Enix says the FF7 Remake's data size is so huge; the software will be split into several titles."

Meaning that the game is massive. It'd be the worst thing to try to buy digitally and it might not even be fitting on the discs. If that's the case and the majority of data is content, then it'd be no different from buying multiple games that are separate. The only difference here is that this is one large story. Yes, this can end badly. But depending on how this is done, it can give Square more time, money and space, which in return will give us more content and quality. Regardless, we don't have enough information to judge if this is good or bad right now. We have to wait for them to tell us what they have planned.

Originally Posted by Tsuyukiko
    Calm down and look again.

"Square Enix says the FF7 Remake's data size is so huge; the software will be split into several titles."

Meaning that the game is massive. It'd be the worst thing to try to buy digitally and it might not even be fitting on the discs. If that's the case and the majority of data is content, then it'd be no different from buying multiple games that are separate. The only difference here is that this is one large story. Yes, this can end badly. But depending on how this is done, it can give Square more time, money and space, which in return will give us more content and quality. Regardless, we don't have enough information to judge if this is good or bad right now. We have to wait for them to tell us what they have planned.
    If they make a trilogy like Xenosaga i might think it over but.....

If they make a trilogy like Xenosaga i might think it over but.....
    I feel like that might be the case. If the work that they've been doing on the game for the last year+ is mostly just for the first part, then we might be getting the amount of content that a single game has, even though we're only getting half or less. And honestly, that's pretty exciting to think about. Expensive, but exciting.

See? What'd I tell ya!

Interesting though, now that CC2's been confirmed. I wonder if it's just for G-Bike, or if they're doing more. Hmm...
    Last edited by Tsuyukiko; 7th Dec 2015 at 07:04.

No matter how they're spinning this, it is simply abusing the hype to make more money. Damit Square, first the annoying Deus Ex Mankind Divided fiasco, now this? Also, your Fabula Nova Crystallis failed epically, causing all sorts of financial concerns and it doesn't seem like you've learnt your lesson at all - don't bite off more than you can chew!

Quality > quantity, we don't need massive amounts of content for FF7. Just do the best remake of the original as possible as one game, and add extra content as optional DLC later!

Originally Posted by Delangsta
    Games are insanely expensive to make. If we're getting content and quality that's worth multiple discs, then I don't think it's that terrible to have to pay for it. As I've said before, it's like buying multiple games. Maybe a touch cheaper for Square since some models are able to be reused, but the rest still has to be programmed, rewritten, animated, redesigned, and so on. And who knows, maybe the people who bought the previous game get a coupon to buy the next one for a bit cheaper.

Go check out the article that Ricardo gave us. Have a look at what Nomura said:
    "If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some part of the game would have to appear as digests. We’d have to remove some contents from the game, and it would be difficult to add more to the game. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achieved, we have decided to split the game into episodes."

This is believable. I don't want parts of the original game to be cut, I want the game to be what it was and more. I think everyone does. But since there's just so much to fit, it needs to be split up. Do I think that it's cool that we might have to pay? No, not at all. But considering the amount of money and effort that goes into making a single game, and them technically making multiple, I think it's only fair.

First, I don't buy this data garbage. When last I checked 60gigs can be put on a single blueray. Even then, the original FF7 was a 3 disc game. And before anyone gets in to it, there's a HUGE difference between a 3 disc game and 3 installments of the game, perhaps the biggest being the changes in game mechanics, something Square boasted that they're going to do. That's right. The worst thing they can do, they're already bragging about doing. Second of course is that FF7 still used largely the same data on all 3 discs. Only some cut scenes, monsters etc. were any different. Their data claims make it clear they have no interest in keeping multiple installments that close. So basically, on disc 3 you won't be able to go back to Disc 2 places and events. Those are just two of many problems with it.

Secondly, Lost Odyssey was an early Xbox 360 title that had very good graphics, all the same basic elements as FF7 such as open world travel with the same dynamics, towns etc. and it was NOT the massive project FF7s developers are claiming. Really, I don't see why FF7s graphics need to be any better then Lost Odyssey's but even with the graphics as they are, it's still not going to take a bunch of blueray discs. Don't forget, Skyrim and Fallout 4 only use one disc and they're far bigger then FF7 will ever be.

Square's developers have been making these complaints for years now. I don't buy them nor does anyone else. I don't know about in Japan but here in the USA people see you for what you are. Lazy and uninterested in what your customers want. That's the difference between Japanese and American/European game makers, and that's why the west is taking over the game industry.

Remember Xenosaga. After the first two suffered in the market, they had to squeeze the rest of the series in to the 3rd game (the only one that was any good). Who wants to bet that's what's going to happen to FF7? And watch, I bet Square is going to respond with "I guess no one is really interested in FF7 after all" rather then accepting that they messed up big time. I can't count how many times I've seen that from companies who don't listen to their customers.

In any case, I have no interest in a milti-part remake of FF7. I won't buy it even when it makes it to gamestop's $10 bin. Hell, I wouldn't play it if someone gave it to me for free.
    Last edited by MouseCheeksNavidad; 7th Dec 2015 at 08:35.

Originally Posted by Tsuyukiko
    I feel like that might be the case. If the work that they've been doing on the game for the last year+ is mostly just for the first part, then we might be getting the amount of content that a single game has, even though we're only getting half or less. And honestly, that's pretty exciting to think about. Expensive, but exciting.

See? What'd I tell ya!

Interesting though, now that CC2's been confirmed. I wonder if it's just for G-Bike, or if they're doing more. Hmm...
    wait what?!?!
    CRISIS CORE 2?????
    can you elaborate, got lost at the 2???????????

Edit: CyberConnect right?
    Sorry for the confusion on my part

FF7 Remake "multi-part series"

Hello there Square Enix,

Today I've read on polish video games online web page that FFVII Remake will be realesed as "multi-part series". Square Enix, please tell us what does it mean? Are you planning to do the same thing you've did with FF4 After Years?

I am ok with this, I think they will make one main disk for full price and make the next parts add on content for free, only because the don't have time to do all of it, they need to do part by part patiently. Don't worry, it's going to be great!

Originally Posted by UltimaFFVIIFan
    I am ok with this, I think they will make one main disk for full price and make the next parts add on content for free, only because the don't have time to do all of it, they need to do part by part patiently. Don't worry, it's going to be great!
    You must be kidding right? You think they're gonna make a whole CD and then give you the rest for FREE? What kind of $quare-€nix have you been following?

I'll just say this here, there are rapists, murderers and pedophiles, then there is Square Enix in a higher level of repugnance.
    How could you destroy this game and people hope so quickly? I just don't understand.

I never heard of this game.

Saw this on IGN comment sections and this is probably exactly what they are going to do.

$59.99 Final Fantasy VII Remake - Midgar - Play the highly anticipated remake but only until the end of the Midgar sequence.

$49.99 Final Fantasy VII Remake Season Pass - An Open World Map and 85% of the game now available - of course it was already on the disc but now you can access it...

...or buy each of the 4 parts of the world map separately as they are "released" for the low price of $15.00 each.

Coming Soon -
    $9.99 Golden Saucer DLC All the fun you remember available for a low low price

$9.99 Chocobo Racing & Breeding DLC - having trouble in the end game then buy this DLC to get access to Knights of the Round...

Or add a new character to your party with the Character DLC:
    $4.99 Vincent Valentine DLC
    $4.99 Yuffie DLC

And...announcing - in 1 year -
    $15.00 Final Fantasy VII Remake Final DLC - Sephiroth Fight - Want to see how it ends!

I'd be fine if it was Multiple Discs for installing it to the hard drive and one disc to play that content

Thumbs Down

We have been waitng for 8 years(since the PS3 trailer) for this.
    If you can't MAKE a FF7 game, DON'T do it.
    What is this?
    Final Fantasy 7 Part 1: Midgar (U$ 50 )
    Part 2: Gold Saucer Adventures ( U$ 20 )
    Part 3: Old memories(Nibel part) ( U$ 20 )
    Part 4: Mom, I am going to space! ( U$ 20 )
    ....continue
    DLC : Weapons! ...
    Well... just because of FF7rmk, I will not buy this or any Square games.
    Good bye.

I'm not happy about this multi part series announcement ff vii is a single game this is how it was released and this is how it should be. releasing just a segment then going sorry now you have to wait 12 months to play further is a joke. This will kill interest and hurt the game.

Why is it possible to release other final fantasy games in a single release but all of a sudden a final fantasy remake needs to be done in multi stages this just feels like a terrible cash grab with lazy justification.

I'm buying it day one hopefully if I can get a preorder. I can't believe how delirious some of these Square Enix "fans" are. This games going to be phenominal. I knew there was going to be some sort of backlash, though. Between the battle system, story elements or just peoples imaginations taking control of their feelings. Nobody knows how this will unfold. How can people be so demanding about this? You should be happy it's even happening after all the nasty remarks that people have thrown at SE. It's unexceptable. And of all the companies capable of telling a compelling story, SE is the best. Why doubt them?

This sucks.
    They have said that every "Episode" will be a "Full Game" so, prepare 69€ for each one...

Page 1 of 2 12 Last