Thread: IT DOESN'T WORK ON PC

IT DOESN'T WORK ON PC

IT DOESN'T WORK ON PC

GUYS FORGIVE MY CAPS BUT SQUARE ENIX HAS *ED ME TOO HARD.

I bought all three FF13 games on steam. Because I have been a big Final Fantasy fan for years and when I saw them on Steam at very affordable prices I thought "Of course I will buy them, they always run perfectly, great storyline, great gameplay always". I was wrong and Square Enix betrayed my trust in them.

I haven't even tried FF13-3 so I can't speak for that game. But the first two have absolutely horrific performance issues, they are unplayable and unacceptable quality, to even be allowed to be sold on Steam. I searched on all the forums and webpages I could find to try improve the performance, I did all the tricks and changed all the options that people suggested. Some changes improved the performance slightly, the best I could get was getting it where instead of consistently dropping from 60fps all the way down as low as 20fps, it instead goes slow motion. That was the best I could do.

I contacted their support, all they did was send me copy paste replies about "have I turned off my firewall and anti-virus/ gotten latest graphics drivers/ latest windows updates/ turning of non OS essential processes/ validate installation" I did each of those as they asked me to, they of course made no difference to performance because it isn't my PC it is the game. Each email they sent did not address what I had sent in the previous message, all were literally copy and paste replies. What a disappointment and slap in the face.

Since purchasing the first two games in December 2014 I have gotten an even better PC and tried the games again. Still unplayable frame rate dips that make the experience painful. How is the game allowed to be sold on Steam? Why hasn't this issue been fixed? Many others have reported the exact same issues and there is no true fix.

Square Enix please restore my faith in you, I want to play and enjoy your games. Please stop spitting in my face and stealing my money with faulty products and fix these bad ports.

My PC specs:
    CPU: intel I7 - 7700K @ 4.20Ghz (8 CPUS)
    RAM: 64GB DDR4 - 2400
    Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080TI 11 GDDR5X

Welcome to the club. I'm still hoping they start caring about customers and fans and give us the decent port they should have given us in the first place. I'd rather have a patch now or in a few months than keeping a broken game forever...