Thread: Full Tomb Raider Trailer

Full Tomb Raider Trailer

Edit with the real one finally!

A behind the scenes look:

Please note, the Behind the Scenes video is kinda spoilery.
    Last edited by Rai; 20th Sep 2017 at 05:29.

Thanks for sharing!

It looks better than I expected, which doesn't say much since my expectations were pretty low.
    I like the stuff inside the tomb - the traps, the ancient mechanism, etc.
    I still HATE the following daddy's footsteps but there's no point in complaining about it because it seems we'll never get rid of the daddy issues drama...
    I think Alicia holds the bow in a silly looking way, I don't really know how to explain it but it looks silly... amateurish...
    And those long jumps just look bad (the one off the boat and the one on the plain wing). It's like she's floating...

As for Alicia herself, I still need to see more... right now I'm a solid meh - I don't hate it but I don't love it either...

And yeah, there's very few of us here...
    signature image

It's gone, pretty sure it isn't meant to be out until late in the US.

EDIT: Just seen it on Youtube. There are a lot of visual references to the games such as the boat jump, the climbing axe last-minute-ledge-hook-save.
    Not too sure what to think of it though, the trailer shows like 4 cast members; 3 of them male, no Endurance - just a tiny fishing boat, obvious reference to Trinity even though they weren't really a major part of the reboot...
    It's a big "hmm..." from me
    Last edited by a_big_house; 19th Sep 2017 at 21:46.
    signature image

I'll update the OP with the YouTube version. Some people are claiming this is not the full trailer, but a cut version. IGN are talking to Alicia at 4.50am UK time, so we should know then.

Edit: OP updated with the final one!
    Last edited by Rai; 20th Sep 2017 at 05:17.

Mkay, I take back at least some of my comments, the full trailer looks far better
    Also, that scene at the end - The GUNS, the BRAID, the JACKET - I smell a badass Lara coming along

EDIT: Just watched the BTS... The MOTORCYCLE
    signature image

So much I like about this trailer.

Alicia as Lara and her attitude , Daniel, the game references, Kristin Scott Thomas (is she Ana?).
    Last edited by Rai; 20th Sep 2017 at 10:40.

Okay, so I've just watched the full trailer a couple of times.

I stand by my earlier comments about the daddy plot and the long floating jumps. But, having said that, I do like that the movie doesn't take itself too serious (like the reboot games) and feels like it's going to be a fun popcorn movie.

I do like this version of Lara a lot more than the TReboot'Lara. She feels a lot more confident right from the get go.

And like I said earlier, I love that the film has traps and puzzles and ancient mechanisms.

That last scene from the trailer is clearly fan service and as so feels a little out of place. I mean, of course I love seeing Lara with her iconic braid and dual pistols, but idk, it feels like it's a post credits bonus scene or something and as such it's weird that it's on the trailer.

And another thing, for some reason, I actually prefer the raw footage from the BTS video than the edited footage from the trailer... not sure why...
    Last edited by dark7angel; 20th Sep 2017 at 14:55.
    signature image

I wasn't expecting much at all, but that trailer looks BLOODY great!!!! Hurrah
    "Aha!" - Lara Croft (1996).........."Arrrghhhh!" (2016)
    signature image

Hey everyone, been a while.

And having seen the full trailer.... MY BODY IS RAIDER READY!!!!

I also really like what they did with the logo.

* oh and IGN has this really cool video

Last edited by AdobeArtist; 20th Sep 2017 at 13:43.
    signature image

I think it looks good so far and I'll definitely be in theatres on day one to see it. However, I have three points of concern:

1. I think Alicia Vikander's accent should be more prominent.
    2. I think her stunts (mainly jumping across A to B) are terribly exaggerated; it's almost obvious that she's being pulled by a wire.
    3. I think people need to calm down about the whole dual pistols situation. That scene looked very well like it was at the end of the film and could simply be an homage to the classic games.

(click image to enlarge)

What do you mean when you say her accent should be more prominent? I mean, I know what the word means, but it's an accent, what's she supposed to do with it? Sorry if I'm being thick .

If the scene with the duals was similar to the game where Lara just uses them once, I'd agree with you, but she's buying them. Which means she owns them. They're not cheap, so they're not just ornamental. Should there be a sequel, I think we can assume Lara will use them. I do think they're there for fan service, this time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    What do you mean when you say her accent should be more prominent? I mean, I know what the word means, but it's an accent, what's she supposed to do with it? Sorry if I'm being thick .
    I just think her accent is too subtle. In the games and the films with Angelina Jolie, Lara's native accent is rather blatant, but in Alicia's case it seems almost...I don't know, faded.

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    If the scene with the duals was similar to the game where Lara just uses them once, I'd agree with you, but she's buying them. Which means she owns them. They're not cheap, so they're not just ornamental. Should there be a sequel, I think we can assume Lara will use them. I do think they're there for fan service, this time though.
    Well, the point I was trying to make was that she doesn't seem to use dual pistols in this film at all, unless they've chosen to not show those scenes yet. However, with Lara wearing the braid and having that leather outfit, her attitude seems more seasoned. Which leads me to believe that she decides to buy a gun or two for her next adventure, most likely deciding that it's more practical than a bow and arrow and thus, being more prepared for her next adventure. But I think making the point to include the scene in this particular film is an homage to classic Lara and should there be a sequel, we'll most likely see her using them again.

I expected to see dual pistols in Rise of the Tomb Raider given the fact that Lara should have been much more prepared for that adventure than she actually was. I don't want to play Shadow of the Tomb Raider and watch her craft a bow...again. I want to see her embark on her third adventure as prepared as she should be with her own, unique weaponry. Would I like to see the dual pistols return? Absolutely. Should they? Depends whom you ask.

(click image to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by Valenka View Post
    I just think her accent is too subtle. In the games and the films with Angelina Jolie, Lara's native accent is rather blatant, but in Alicia's case it seems almost...I don't know, faded.

From the few scenes we've seen, Alicia's English accent seems natural and less upper class than Angelina's, which at times sounded forced. Keeley's Lara in LAU certainly sounded more 'jolly hockey sticks' Queen's English. Alicia sounds more subtle, I think, perhaps because she wasn't aiming for posh, but more regular person, perhaps. Perhaps that's what you mean? I think you're more used to the aristocratic 'posh' accent, that's all. I like it, actually. Her voice and accent suits reboot Lara well. Which is surprising as I'm so used to Camilla's voice, I didn't imagine RB Lara sounding any other way .

The trailer looks pretty good. I want to go see this movie but as others have said her jumps were too exaggerated for an actual human. For a game character it wasn't really that bad in my opinion. Are they combining bits of Rise and the reboot, because Trinity wasn't part of the reboot? I thought this movie was supposed to be a movie version of the reboot. I mean if it makes the story feel more complete for the movie I guess it's OK. Also, we didn't see her stepmother until Rise either. I like her better than Angelina Jolie to be honest. I hope the movie is good though.
    signature image

I think this looks awesome. Judging by the first trailer it looks to me like the movie will be excellent because everything in it looks very exciting and very cool. I like that it's got the tomb and the traps at the end, plus all the action scenes and all the different locations. It looks so good and I am really looking forward to this movie.

The trailer looks awesome