Thread: Rise of the Tomb Raider Launches on Xbox One X this November

Rise of the Tomb Raider Launches on Xbox One X this November

(The above video is best viewed with a 4K monitor or device.)

Announced leading into August’s annual Gamescom showcase, Rise of the Tomb Raider will be coming to Xbox One X – the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft – on November 7
    Developed in partnership with Nixxes Software, the Xbox One X update for the award-winning game includes 4K graphics, and a range of technical enhancements that leverage the full power of the console. The update also introduces three visual modes, so gamers can choose the setting that best suits their play style.
    Xbox One X players can choose from one of three visual modes, including:

• Native 4K: (full 3840 by 2160) for highest fidelity resolution
    • Enriched Visuals for stunning graphic upgrades
    • High Frame Rate for the smoothest possible gameplay

New Xbox One X tech enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider include:

• HDR display support for more vibrant and accurate color representation technology
    • Spatial audio support, including Dolby Atmos, for true 3D audio
    • Enhanced texture resolution for Lara Croft, NPCs, and environments, leveraging additional memory offered by the Xbox One X
    • Improved anti-aliasing for immersive realistic details

Additional visual enhancements include:

• Improved volumetric lights
    • Improved reflections
    • Enhanced foliage
    • Upgraded polygonal detail
    • Amplified texture filtering

Enhancements for Rise of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One X will be available timed to the console’s launch on November 7. Players who have already purchased the game for Xbox One will be able to download and experience these unique features for free on Xbox One X.
    If you’re out at Gamescom this week, stop by the @xbox booth to see the Xbox One X enhancements in action.

This, plus backward compatibility for Legend, Anniversary and Guardian of Light would definitely help me take the leap... *hinthint

Quote Originally Posted by Treeble View Post
    This, plus backward compatibility for Legend, Anniversary and Guardian of Light would definitely help me take the leap... *hinthint
    Would be great to have those games on Xbox One X, but I'm not sure if porting them over would be worth it for Square Enix... Anyway, I'm happy with RotTR comming to One X, I'm really considering getting the console now ^^

Quote Originally Posted by katend View Post
    Would be great to have those games on Xbox One X, but I'm not sure if porting them over would be worth it for Square Enix... Anyway, I'm happy with RotTR comming to One X, I'm really considering getting the console now ^^
    Well Underworld is BC and there is no porting required. it just needs packaging by MS.
    signature image