Thread: Tomb Raider movie Barbie doll coming 2018

Tomb Raider movie Barbie doll coming 2018

A collectable Barbie doll based on Alicia Vikander's Lara Croft from the upcoming Tomb Raider movie is set to be releasing in 2018.

No pictures yet, as soon as there are, I'll update the OP. More details can be found Here.

What do you think about this? Will you get it?

I am so excited for this! I feel that this brings Lara into the mainstream all over again in this modern day. I will definitely be getting it.

As a all-things-Tomb Raider collector myself, I'll definitely get my hands on one, can't wait to see what it looks like. I have a very large collection of Lara figurines and the like, and random people would often mock me for collecting "barbie dolls", curious twist that in the future I shall, indeed, have a barbie doll.

I'm really interested in what she's going to look like. I still haven't been able to get my hands on a tonner Lara Croft doll, as even when they came out they were too expensive and the prices only go up as the years go by. Maybe this'll be a cheaper way to go.
    signature image

I dunno why there's not been any updates on this. I'm not sure how long before release images of a doll first appear.

Me either. It's about time for something to come up right? I'm so anxious to see what she looks like.

A very low quality pic has surfaced. I assume a better official one will appear eventually. For now:

Edit 20.2: She's properly official now and available for pre-order on the official Barbie Mattel site. While International shipping is available, I don't recommend it unless you're willing to pay double the price of the doll for it. I abandoned my order when I saw shipping came to $60 . Hopefully she'll be available in worldwide upon actual release, due 9th March. U.S. residents can/are finding her in Toys R Us stores now.

Last edited by Rai; 20th Feb 2018 at 15:56.