I find that a lot of people disagree with the idea of episodic games, unless it is created by Telltale Games. I'm going to talk about how Life Is Strange proves against that and how DONTNOD Entertainment has defined what a true episodic game really is.

Life is Strange, a game consisting of 5 different episodes, combines the originality of a Telltale Game with Until Dawn, and adds time travel to it. If you've ever played the game, you'd know why DONTNOD chose to create the game episodically. They obviously were excited to release the game and being shown the amount of time it takes to complete the game, it would've taken ages to just code the game and release it normally. Also, DONTNOD put a lot of effort in to making the game perfect and would've had to take their time to think the story through. I feel gamers who say the episodic genre of games is the worst don't understand the core reason for it.

Each episode goes for around 1-2 hours, and you can imagine how much animating, coding and programming went into all of them. The game was perfectly done with a beautiful story and great transitions through episodes. This is what a real episodic game should be like, full of drama, entertaining and enjoyable. While yes each episode may cost a bit and seem a bit annoying that you have to download each individually, but it is quite obvious DONTNOD wanted to release at least some of the story so fans could have a taste of what the full game was going to be like.