Thread: Any Advice for Orphan's cradle-the tesseracts?

Any Advice for Orphan's cradle-the tesseracts?

Okay, so currently I'm in Orphan's Cradle-The Tesseracts (as the title says) and I was 100% sure of where I needed to go until those statue like people left me 3 portals. I can choose between either those, or go to the white statue that stayed behind. I know the left portal goes to Gran Pulse, but the one in the center is completely black and ominous so I ruled that one out already, and the one on the right looks okay. As we all know, however, looks can be deceiving. Is there anyone who can give me advice on this? I'm excited to be close to beating the game, but its a tough choice.

Befor returning to Coccoon I did make a different save slot just incase I couldn't come back, but now that I have the chance I'm so unsure. What should I do?

The left portal goes to Gran Pulse, yes. The right portal goes back to Cocoon's Edenhall. The center portla continues the game and I believe takes you to a location called the Narthex, a very small non-combat area before meeting Orphan.

Ooh okay. So in otherwords, I could skip going through all the stuff I'm dealing with on my other save (fighting lots of enemies, etc). Interesting.... Good thing I decided to make two save slots. I'll continue to go through that stuff in my 1st save and take the portal to Gran Pulse on my second one. Speaking of which, all the time I was there I didn't find a single Chocobo. Do you know where I can find them?

You have to do a Cieth stone mission (mission 12) before they appear, and another one (mission 14) before you can ride them, though all of the missions before it (1-13) need to be completed before you can access the stone, and therefore the mission. This link has the locations of all the misssions (both the stones and the marks) along with a pretty good map and some advice on how to complete the mission.

Thanks!

Orphan's Cradle is the game's final dungeon, you're very close to finishing it. The portals let you return if you want to grind or do more missions. You can also leave the missions for now and try to finish the game first, then you can return and do the rest of them because the characters will get a big experience boost after you defeat the final boss. You don't need to make two saves, because even after you finish the game, you can do the missions later, in fact it's easier to do them later.

Ah k. Awesome! So since I beat the game yesterday I can go back and finish off everything. I was wondering why it said "Crystarium expanded" after I defeated Orphan.

Congrats. After you defeated the boss, you got a lot of points to use, now the characters can be significantly stronger. Now's the best time to do the missions because your characters should be strong enough, although some missions will still be tough and require more grinding.

Some of the missions are definitely tough--especially when you don't know the ins and outs of the fight--but none of them require grinding. Having more HP, accessory slots, and secondary role development definitely helps you figure out a good approach, but I'll note that it's possible to complete every mission without using the top two stages of the crystarium. They've even been done at that level without using upgrades or shrouds, although a couple of the no-upgrade/shroud strategies are absolutely insane to pull off.

Anyway, congrats on beating the game, and have fun with the missions!

t~

Thanks everybody! I'll definitely have to go back and do that so I can ride the chocobos! Also, while exploring a little more by entering the greener area with all those adamantoise I found a little cactuar. It was pretty amusing. Is it perhaps involved in one of these missions?

Originally Posted by FantasyFinale12

Thanks everybody! I'll definitely have to go back and do that so I can ride the chocobos! Also, while exploring a little more by entering the greener area with all those adamantoise I found a little cactuar. It was pretty amusing. Is it perhaps involved in one of these missions?

Yes, I would love for you to ride my family. The catuars are just there for fun. You could gain a lot of CP if you wait and let them grow in battle, but no one can hit them until they're done, or everything will mess up.

Lol X3 Also, really?

Lol X3 Also, really?

Yeah, they're helpful. I would be better to fight the Behemoth Kind and that giant Silver Lobo thing right brfore the entrance to Mah'bara Subterra or somewhere near there.

Oh gosh. The Behemoth King and that thing? I tried once or twice and it was very hard. :P

Oh gosh. The Behemoth King and that thing? I tried once or twice and it was very hard. :P

After you beat the game they're giant butterflies, weak but huge. 6,800 cp. Imagine fighting them 10x, or 20x, or 100x

Behemoth King/Megistotherion is good for CP, but so is the side tunnel (a.k.a power tunnel) in Mah'habara just a few steps away. The Cryohedrons and Hoplites go down very easily, and it's easy to respawn the tunnel by retrying the Juggernaut fight on one end, and by taking a few steps left of the tunnel (off the metal) on the other end. Both methods yield about the same CP/hour, but the components dropped by the Cryohedrons and Hoplites are worth a lot more than what the BK/M fight drops.

If you're planning to get Treasure Hunter, I don't recommend grinding for CP at all. You'll gain all the CP you need--and more--while grinding for gil.

t~

Cool.