Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: English versions of the ultimania books

English versions of the ultimania books

English versions of the ultimania books

If only there were english versions of these books....I envy japanese gamers.....

finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Guide_Books
    kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Hea...

Until we get any serious promising reply of a translation you can check this out:
    thelifestream.net/final-fantasy-vii/66/t...

And this website is interesting too, although I'm not sure yet if all translations are from the books or from other places, but it doesn't matter

kh-ultimania.livejournal.com/

i agree when i discoverd these books. (in my head i was saying) square enix is going to force to laern another language, maddness i tell you.lol XD

Well then I guess we have no choice but to learn Japanese (?_?

Originally Posted by Lumina
    i know right, but what can you do. well atleast laerning how to write and read japanese is more easier then, laerning how to speaking it. lol the question is is it worth it. honestly i think it would be fun to laern another language, but i really wish there were translations for these books. lol there few ultimania books i found on amazon but there isn't to much in english. :,(

Recommendation I: Advent Children Reunion Files

www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Advent+Chi...

Dual language.

Recommendation II: On the Way to a Smile Episode: Barret, Episode: Tifa and Episode: Denzel

English.

Originally Posted by imported_michael
    i know right, but what can you do. well atleast laerning how to write and read japanese is more easier then, laerning how to speaking it. lol the question is is it worth it. honestly i think it would be fun to laern another language, but i really wish there were translations for these books. lol there few ultimania books i found on amazon but there isn't to much in english. :,(
    Yeah learning Japanese will be the tough choice…FFX ultimania book is around 641 pages I’ll be more than happy to read through all of them but only in a language that I can understand lol

Originally Posted by Grimoire

Recommendation I: Advent Children Reunion Files

Dual language.

Recommendation II: On the Way to a Smile Episode: Barret, Episode: Tifa and Episode: Denzel

English.

Thank you Grimoire I already read them, and they are the reason why I was excited when I found out that all the other FF titles have also an in depth analysis of all their related aspects.

I guess part of the reason that made FFVII continue to be the most popular and beloved title among fans is that the creators really put all their efforts to reach out fans and explain their vision behind this game and fans definitely appreciate that; however they seem that they did that with other titles but only to Japanese audience……unfortunately

Yeah learning Japanese will be the tough choice…FFX ultimania book is around 641 pages I’ll be more than happy to read through all of them but only in a language that I can understand lol
    indeed XD on a side note i love books in general, i wounder if they have the ultimania in hardback? hala do you mind if i ask what game got you in to the ff franchies, for me i fell for ffviii(8).

Zelda fans get cool books like Hyrule Historia in English, I wish Square does something like this for their fans or release some of the Ultimania books in English. I'd buy every one of them. There are a lot of people who love collecting these things. If they are not sure about whether it's going to sell enough, how about they do a Kickstarter project to fund it?

@ Michael

My first FF was X

Originally Posted by Chrono Cross

Zelda fans get cool books like Hyrule Historia in English, I wish Square does something like this for their fans or release some of the Ultimania books in English. I'd buy every one of them. There are a lot of people who love collecting these things. If they are not sure about whether it's going to sell enough, how about they do a Kickstarter project to fund it?

Not just Zelda I heard that Mass effect has some books related to it.

MGS approach with "the document of MGS2" was also very interesting, although it wasn’t a book ….umm it would be cool if we get the document of FFX with its HD release

I remember saying I'm totally down for PDF digital versions if physical books would be too troublesome. I'm thankful for thelifestream's work over the years. The guides give a lot of info that would have been amazing to see in the original games, so i have a meager hope that remakes of games like FFV and FFVI could include that. For example, some info about FFVI Kefka makes him come off pretty sympathetic :O

@ Michael

My first FF was X

right on, i enjoyed that game. what makes me sad is that i couldn't complete it becuase i didn't have the 2nd disc. on another note i wish they made novels or mangas to give further back story or told the story, to accompy the games. i love how they tell stories through ff.

@ Michael

My first FF was X

right on, i enjoyed that game. what makes me sad is that i couldn't complete it becuase i didn't have the 2nd disc. on another note i wish they made novels or mangas to give further back story or told the story, to accompy the games. i love how they tell stories through ff.

Actually FFX was one disc, maybe you mean a different game? Although the PAL version (and also the Japanese "International" version) had a bonus disc but it has no gameplay.

www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-X-2-Playsta...

see it's x-2 thats what i ment

Yeah, X-2 rocks! Not many people I know agree with me on that, but I don't care. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I'd totally love to read the ultimania books, especially the KH ones, and they could make a killing on them seeing as how they're making the KH 1.5 Remix, but like you, I don't know japanese (I'm trying to learn, but I've got too much school work to put the time into it that's necesarry for learning a new language), so it'd be awsome if they released them in english.

Originally Posted by Ryutim
    Yeah, X-2 rocks! Not many people I know agree with me on that, but I don't care. Anyway, back to the topic at hand, I'd totally love to read the ultimania books, especially the KH ones, and they could make a killing on them seeing as how they're making the KH 1.5 Remix, but like you, I don't know japanese (I'm trying to learn, but I've got too much school work to put the time into it that's necesarry for learning a new language), so it'd be awsome if they released them in english.
    i wish i could play it T-T i only played x. x-2 looks pretty cool. but ya back on the subject i wish they did as well, make translations in english.

Actually X-2 is very different, a lot of FFX fans didn't even like it but I thought it was nice. Of course, you can just play FFX because that's the main story, FFX-2 was a sequel with many minigames and fun stuff, different battle and job systems.

Originally Posted by Chrono Cross
    Actually X-2 is very different, a lot of FFX fans didn't even like it but I thought it was nice. Of course, you can just play FFX because that's the main story, FFX-2 was a sequel with many minigames and fun stuff, different battle and job systems.
    i see, will aslong as its enjoyable, XD

An inside look at some of the books

kingdom hearts:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6A-M53tkvg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA5k9hMMmkg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ijgcbYj3Bg

final fantasy:

final fantasy vii ultimania omega

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b99rGLVxWpY

final fantasy 25th memorial ultimania

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt__dauvq6A

An inside look at some of the books

kingdom hearts:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6A-M53tkvg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA5k9hMMmkg

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ijgcbYj3Bg

final fantasy:

final fantasy vii ultimania omega

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b99rGLVxWpY

final fantasy 25th memorial ultimania

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt__dauvq6A
    thats cool XD right on lol

Eat your heart out, kiddies.

I have every FF Ultimania on my bookshelf there. I have them mostly for the artwork, but I dabble in Japanese and find them useful for stats and trivia too. I wish I was fluent in Japanese so I could sit down and just read them instead of painstakingly spending hours just to translate a single block of text, but ah well. Can't have it all.

Originally Posted by espritduo

I have every FF Ultimania on my bookshelf there. I have them mostly for the artwork, but I dabble in Japanese and find them useful for stats and trivia too. I wish I was fluent in Japanese so I could sit down and just read them instead of painstakingly spending hours just to translate a single block of text, but ah well. Can't have it all.

indeed,you can't but i'd be right there with ya (sorta speak), translating the books (if i had one). lol

Originally Posted by espritduo

Woo you have a big awesome collection, but it seems that you are not a fan of KH…..

Definitely the artworks are one of the most important features in those books, but what I really want most is the creators’ commentary and analyses of the game, when I read FFVII Advent Children Reunion Files, I was deeply touched when I learned how much thought and details are given to every tiny aspect.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last