Thread: Using the Same Account

Using the Same Account

Unhappy Using the Same Account

So I'm new to Final Fantasy - I mean, the franchise is older than I am. Picked up VII as my first game on Steam this month. Having a good time.

Thing is, this really helpful video by a girl with the username SuperButterBuns about picking your first Final Fantasy game also pointed out to me that Final Fantasy XIV is an mmo. I thought I'd try the free trial.

Having difficulty logging in, though. Because, the account I'm using right now is linked with my Steam account. When I tried logging in to 14, I tried every combination of my username, Steam Nickname, or email and my usual passwords as possible. I have no idea what to do.

I just want to try out FFXIV too at this point. But do I need to make a new account to do that? It'd be rather annoying.
    Last edited by SpiderGames95; 19th Aug 2017 at 17:19.

Seriously, no one can help me out? I even found a version of the Free Trial on Steam and now I'm getting some bs concerning this issue with my log in where I need a temporary password through my account and, yeah, still need the username/password combo to even try to get the temporary password sent to me because the account I'm using is just linked to Steam.

Anyone have any advice at all?

I cannot even see how I can go into account management detail to send a one-time password, even if I had my username/password information straight. What even is this?!