Thread: PRO difficulty / Jan. update - good and bad

PRO difficulty / Jan. update - good and bad

good- not much. Maybe allowing only one save? They just plopped guards in the popular areas, added cameras that have very little use, (just disable system), it's more frustrating , and pretty much no fun at all, so I stopped playing it. I don't need a frikkin' crystal ball or baseball bat in my inventory that bad. Really, is anyone going to use up an inventory slot for a baseball bat? Like Kotti said , it's not fun.

bad- We have to re-grind all the same challenges again, just to unlock all the same start locations, drops??!!!! How is this supposed to be fun? Unlocks are totally unimaginative useless trinkets. For the gunplay lovers, forget getting in any kind of shootout. You will be shot dead instantly, transported back to the familiar re load screen. Creativity is forbidden.

Jan update- ugh. Disable autosave good, they removed some & sped up stab animations, and blood is largely missing once again! menu supposedly has been simplified? It's more confusing than ever! Very cluttered. Load times on pro mode take a lot longer, still a bunch of audio problems, thrown items with no sound. I've been spotted through walls in Bangkok ..again. The already infamous "leg nerf" that has players in an outrage. Silenced pistols still sound like pea shooters. We can now pull people over ledge, but how long will that last before they remove it again? Played LAndslide a couple times. Pretty boring. One target is not enough. At least Sniper Elite 4 comes out soon.
    Last edited by jimbianco; 1st Feb 2017 at 07:24.

hi ! Well i like this new mode. I like the détails when you carry a silenced gun with a cops disguise. It's illégal.

I don't come here for a long time ^^ I'm french and an english forum is not the best way to talk about the game for me

I just want to say a big big bravo to IOI , for me Hitman is the best game of 2016 and one of the best on PS4. Just thank you !

Saison 2 - Episode 1 the 15 march ? Day one for me !

Season 2 , March 15th. yeah, maybe in 2018. Best game of 2016, I would hate to see the worst. Big bravo to IOI for ruining a franchise? OK. Have fun grinding.
    Last edited by jimbianco; 1st Feb 2017 at 07:15.

maybe in 2018
    Yes probably ! I really want to see the next season ^^

Big bravo to IOI for ruining a franchise? OK.
    Ruining a franchise ?! We played the same game ?
    Except Hitman Codename 47 , i play all the Hitman games. My best game was Blood Money but i love Contract ( for the dark ambiance ) and Absolution for the gameplay and some accident kills who were really funny ( the barbecue man for exemple )

but this Hitman is for me the best ! Every mounth it was a pleasure to discover a new map , discover the opportunity , the escalatio and sometimes elusives target or contract made by peoples. I play without HUD ( except the white dot ) from the begining of the game, it's was a good expérience. I think i play +200 hours. Realy for me it's the best Hitman game Ever.

I think if IO had made a game like Absolution or Blood Money ( a complete game but with level less giant ) , people would have been more satisfied but the game would have be bad. Episodic and new content is for me the best way to play Hitman. ( not sure of my english here )

Sorry for my english again, i'm a lilttle rusty ! I don't speak english since April , i do my best ! ^^

For me Hitman is with Doom and Uncharted 4 , one of the best game of 2016

Edit :

Ok so i have the Rank Silent Assassin on Showstopper with pro mode. I love some idéa in pro but i play without instinct and map and it was so hard !! x)

So i'll try to explain what i love and i what i don't like ^^

First i think there is tou much difference between normal and Pro mode ^^ maybe an intermediate difficulty level will be cool.

So good points :

- Have a suit without blood on the PNJ
    - One save
    - The surveillance camera who can alert guard
    - Have a gun or an item with the good costume ( for exemple if you have a silenced gun with a security suit you will be suspicious )
    - PNJ who can ear you if you run behind them
    - And Guard are dangerous !

But i don't like :

- The rewards. I guess it's hard to have the challenge and the new weapons don't look really fun ( except maybe the sniper ? ). Why there is not * Sylverbaler + scope like blood Money ? ^^ Or Sylverballer Subsonic like the weapon in bangkok ( don't remember the name )

- There is no more Item like " poison " and no suit ! And there is more PNJ who can spot you ^^ I find the best suit in Paris but it's boring ^^

- There is some difference with the PNJ, some opportunity become too hard !

I guess with only the good point + no hud it's already a very good challenge but the change on the map with the PNJ it's really hard ^^

PS : It's probably impossible but , until now we have the possibility to create our own difficulté ( No HUD , no instinct, Opportunité minimal etc ) Can we active for normal mode some ideas of pro mode ? Like " Have a clean suit without blood " or " surveillance caméra can spot you ? " or " Have a good weapon or item with the good costume ? " If no , don't worry , for me Pro mode is a bonus, no problems ! But if you can create a mixed difficulty beetwen normal map and pro news changes it will be ENORMOUS !

To conclude : I really love the realistic logique of Pro Mode but don't like the change on the map ^^

PS : I hope my message is clear and understabling x)
    Last edited by Genesis-Quattro; 3rd Feb 2017 at 14:12.

For me, I absolutely love this mode. This is the way it should have been from the beginning. I especially love the camera system. You really feel like you're in a high tech area when you can get caught so easily. Stealth and awareness have to be at your peak.

A lot of guys are crying over at the other hitman forums about not liking this because of the extra guards and cameras. Well what do they expect? To be exactly the same? Then how does it make the game harder when all the old easy routes are easy access again? Makes no sense. The long pipe in Paris is not blocked as many think. The guard oatrols back and forth. You can still go up it. Cameras need to be taken out but that's it. Guard in dalias bathroom. Good. No more climb pipe, walk into the trespassing zone and not getting caught, cuz now they placed patrolling guards behind that door, and then no more easy access to dalias bathroom for an easy kill. You now have to be creative and think of another route. That's what makes pro amazing. It has made the story mode feel fresh and new.

I also love the limited items that are laying around. I hate that you can just get an unlimited pocket.

The disguise system of lethal killed can not be taken. A great idea but it doesn't work in story mode since we can't take a Targets clothes anyways. I mean if you're gonna need clothes and you do kill them, well then that kills you SA rating and you might as well start over anyways. Pro mode really needs to be implemented into contracts so that way if you kill a target, you can't effectively take his clothes.

Suspicious and illegal items. Another great feature. I love that you can't be walking around with an FE anymore in your hand and not be suspicious. It finally brought a lot more integrity to SA. But again, this would be amazing in Elusive Targets mode. That would make for some challenging fun for most, or frustration if they are not that good and usually rely on the FE breach/duck combo kill, which was totally OP'd anyways.

The detection system is far better. You now will get spotted faster and more easily if you do illegal things and even from further away. No more blind ai. And I love that. It's basically like, if you can see an npc, well then they can see you. And that's awesome.

What I would have liked to see was 2 things and they would have made pro mode so much better. 1: a limited inventory. Maybe you can only pick up and hold 5 items. That would make for better strategy, but I guess with the lack of items laying around, it does help. So I can see they kinda did that already with that idea.

And 2, enforcer delayed dot when coming out of a trespassing area. So if you don't understand what I mean, when you're in a tresspassing area and you want to exit that zone, let's say your exit has 2 guards standing there. So since you're trespassing, they are enforcers. The way it is now, all you have to do is just walk/run past them and they don't care because once your out of the trespassing zone, they are no longer enforcers. So if they could have delayed the transition from enforcer to non-enforcer, that would prevent people from exiting blindly and easily. So it's basically like that enforcers would question you as to what you were doing and where you came from and why you were trespassing.

EDIT: and 3, bring pro mode to contracts mode. Let people make normal and pro contracts, just like absolution.

So in conclusion, I hope they don't touch this mode to cater to anybody. If they can't handle PRO mode, well then they are not a pro. And they can play normal mode. Let the professionals play pro. It should not be made easier just to cater to players that don't want to be better at the game.

Thanks for this mode and keep up the great work, IOI. Game of the year by far.
    Last edited by Immadummee; 3rd Feb 2017 at 21:29.
    signature image

I like the pro difficulty, its challenging. Its also a neat detail that the silenced pistol will make guards suspicious. But the downside is that guards and people will even get suspicious when you hold things like a detonator (which is very small in the hand and could be anything) or a stature-figure, screwdriver etc. Many things that are not weapons make them suspicious. That is too much I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 47Chambers View Post
    I like the pro difficulty, its challenging. Its also a neat detail that the silenced pistol will make guards suspicious. But the downside is that guards and people will even get suspicious when you hold things like a detonator (which is very small in the hand and could be anything) or a stature-figure, screwdriver etc. Many things that are not weapons make them suspicious. That is too much I think.
    In a way, yes, on what you said. But in another way, no. I think it makes for great balance. I think it's done more so for specific maps, say like Paris. If you're a guest at this high elite fashion show with high profiles and high security, then don't you think you'd be suspicious if you were walking around with a screwdriver in your hand or a wrench or crowbar, or even the needle or detonator? And when you're being frisked, these items would be questioned by security. Like why does a guest going upstairs into the auction which is for VIP only have a screwdriver or a detonator or needle in his possession? That's why I think it works.

It makes you think as to what you can and should do. And that's what I love about this mode. It's add more logic to it.
    Also the triggers are to prevent people to do an FE breach/duck combo in close with others around. You say it's small and nobody would notice it, but someone would notice if you pulled a trigger and then something blew up. So that's why that is like that. You have to be inconspicuous at all your moves, just like 47 would do. Not do things in the open and be obvious.

That's what pro mode brings.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Immadummee View Post
    ....That's what pro mode brings.
    A detonator in the hand could be anything really, some electronical device, maybe laserpointer or bluetooth device for the smartphone. And its so small, he doesnt walk around with an open hand presenting it to everyone. He holds the detonator in a closed fist, its almost invisible in his hand. I think the pro difficulty needs some tweaking. Screwdriver in the hand is also almost invisible, because of the size of the item. Sometimes guards dont even see him hold a pistol, because 47 hides it behind his back sometimes. This is how he should act with small items too.

Quote Originally Posted by 47Chambers View Post
    A detonator in the hand could be anything really, some electronical device, maybe laserpointer or bluetooth device for the smartphone. And its so small, he doesnt walk around with an open hand presenting it to everyone. He holds the detonator in a closed fist, its almost invisible in his hand. I think the pro difficulty needs some tweaking. Screwdriver in the hand is also almost invisible, because of the size of the item. Sometimes guards dont even see him hold a pistol, because 47 hides it behind his back sometimes. This is how he should act with small items too.
    These items are not invisible in the hand. They are very much visible and obvious. The point of this design is to think and be more stealth like. If you're a hitman, why would you even take a chance of exposing yourself by carrying items in your hand when you could just holster them? As well as the detonator, it's fairly obvious that he pulls the trigger. So if you're going to be a hitman, again, why would you put yourself in a exposed way?

You're thinking too much like a "video gamer" and not like a "real hitman". Always be inconspicuous. Never show anything to the public. Always be hidden. Things like that. And thats what pro mode does with items. They are logically like this for a reason, not just to make it harder.

Here I made a video. Detonator and screwdriver. I used the marrrkesh suit to show good colour contrast comparison.

signature image

And what I Love most about pro mode, it really feels like I'm BUYING every inch that I walk. Not getting it free by just running around.
    Here's my first ever code 17 run in Paris in PRO/SA/SO.

PS @IO-I, this is why we need a sedative syringe. If I subdued, I'm heard by Victor. If I hit only with baton, I'm heard. So I had to be creative and do what I did at 5:50 to separate then drag away. Would have been nice to get that over another antique one.

Last edited by Immadummee; 4th Feb 2017 at 09:55.
    signature image

Ok i retry Pro mode in Sapienza , i die before the lab x) But it was very cool and i realy think the new logic of the game is better than normal mode.

A very good challenge. And yeah Pro mode in contract mode will be fun ! And maybe add the objective " no hud " ?

a perfect review from the other forum. He articulated it perfectly!

The camera functionality is easily the best thing about it because it adds gameplay (, I have to evade/kill these guards) but as a whole, the mode serves to strip away the viability of various options. This is the LAST thing this game needs. Many of the complaints I have seen leveled at this game are focused on the facade it presents. Stealth, disguises, guns, knives, crowbars, all tools you can use as you see fit to accomplish your objective! But not really, because all of the focus is on a few pre-established solutions. Weaponry is useless, disguises are forced (unless you find the one or two SO "routes"). That focus is reinforced in the new mode. Only now the rug has been pulled from underneath a few more select strategies, and some items are hidden in odd ways just to be obnoxious.

The whole point of this Hitman was big levels you could tackle in different ways and with the better stealth/action mechanics introduced in Absolution, but so many options are just now.

Personally, I would much rather have polished gunplay, or more ways of interacting with npcs and the world, but IO would rather spend their time and resources hiding the crowbars and pretending they are FROM software.

TLDR IO is shooting themselves in the foot by worrying too much about challenge (something that will never be perfect in a sandbox game) and their focus would best be served elsewhere.

I have 10/10 master level for Paris. The challenges were fun. It was hard to take Helmut suit ! ^^

i play yesterday all the day , i'm happy to see, you are not obliged ( not sure of my word , you say forced maybe ? ) to do all the challenges to become 10/10 master. 18 challenges /20 are enough.

https://youtu.be/ekTywXlGa9c

This is my way for Silent assassin with Suit on Paris. I did 9 try ! And in this vidéo i got caught by caméra in the end !! lol I use the share fonction on PS4, so i have only 15 min, if i did two fails i have to restart from the begining ^^

Now i try Sapienza but i was never do , even in normal mode , Silent assassin with the suit only on sapienza... I'm not sure about succeeding this time. I have no idea how to did this. Fortunately 18 challenges /20 are enough

For me PRO mode is like a new game + .
    Last edited by Genesis-Quattro; 6th Feb 2017 at 15:21.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbianco View Post
    a perfect review from the other forum. He articulated it perfectly!

The camera functionality is easily the best thing about it because it adds gameplay (, I have to evade/kill these guards) but as a whole, the mode serves to strip away the viability of various options. This is the LAST thing this game needs. Many of the complaints I have seen leveled at this game are focused on the facade it presents. Stealth, disguises, guns, knives, crowbars, all tools you can use as you see fit to accomplish your objective! But not really, because all of the focus is on a few pre-established solutions. Weaponry is useless, disguises are forced (unless you find the one or two SO "routes"). That focus is reinforced in the new mode. Only now the rug has been pulled from underneath a few more select strategies, and some items are hidden in odd ways just to be obnoxious.

The whole point of this Hitman was big levels you could tackle in different ways and with the better stealth/action mechanics introduced in Absolution, but so many options are just now.

Personally, I would much rather have polished gunplay, or more ways of interacting with npcs and the world, but IO would rather spend their time and resources hiding the crowbars and pretending they are FROM software.

TLDR IO is shooting themselves in the foot by worrying too much about challenge (something that will never be perfect in a sandbox game) and their focus would best be served elsewhere.

Totally disagree. Pro should not resemble normal mode in any way. If it keeps things the same, then what makes anybody play it? Oh, for the rewards after getting mastery 10? Sure. But if everything is the same as normal mode with less or no new guard and new camera placements, then all the same old routes work and thus, not making pro mode and more difficult than normal mode.

As I've said before elsewhere, normal mode was just too easy. Too convenient. There's always a box/closet beside guards you want to take out. There's always so many tools laying around for you to have an infinite pocket. There was not enough cameras to mean anything. Routes were just so easily layed out for you it was such hand holding gameplay. Detection didn't mean much when you could just easily move left if moving right was wrong. It just didn't feel like a stealth game.

Now it brings everything back but in a fresh way. You have to "unlearn what you have learned". Then learn again. If you're playing the game just to fly though it, you won't get past it. You have to think like a real hitman and play like one too.

As for tackling in different ways, well that's on you, not ioi. If you can't create something so meticulous, well that's your fault. You can't expect life to fall into place just like you want every single time. And that's what this mode brings, the unexpected. If you're a real hitman and you're walking into a school with a general in it, you think it's going to be easy to assassinate the general while you're in your suit? Or kill Dalia up on the VIP floor? Of course there's going to be people around. But this mode needed to change what everybody pretty much did from normal. How easy was it to just climb up the back pipe in Paris, run to the side room that leads directly to dalias bathroom, and then assassinate her. Oh wow, such skill. Lol. It never felt like I EARNED silent Assassin before. Now I have to earn every inch I walk because I never know where the next camera is, the next guard patrols or the next bodyguard is standing.

And I don't like if 47 would interact with people, honestly. That kinda ruins the whole "undetected" approach. I prefer how it is now...walk in, listen, observe, scout, eavesdrop, learn, wait, kill, walk out. It's basicslly like that. YOU have to do the work to find out info. Not go somewhere and press a button and they tell you things. I just prefer Diana telling 47 what to do and then he does it. It reminds me a lot of assassins creed part 1. You actually had to go to a city, do your own scouting and intel, learn about your target (where he is, what he does, when he comes out, who he's with, when he's alone, best angles to approach, etc etc), and it's done by how much intel you want to learn. The more you do, the more you learn that opens up more opportunities. And it reminds me a lot of hitman. The more you listen and learn, the more opportunities there are. That's why I play with them off. Just want to learn and figure them out on my own.

Never thought I would come back to story mode but I have and i don't even bother with contracts anymore. Just seems too basic now. I hope they can bring pro mode to contracts. That would be beast.
    signature image

I'm very impressed by the new Pro mode. But I completely don't understand why do I need spend so much time playing 10-15 times the same content just to reach this mode?

Right now I'm thinking about replay all game, and new Pro Mode it's a good motivation.

But I'm not going to play every level yet 5-10 times just to achive new mode. Of course I'm interested in some new skills and opportunities, but even completing almost all things that give me new content is not enough to reach 20 level..

I'm very disappointed about this. It's mistake of many developers. They release game and you finish all content pretty fast, because there's no "hardcore mode". Something like this was with Fallout 4, I finish all game and only one year later they released new difficulty mode. Well thanks... but it's not interesting to play all game again, if you already know all quests.

I addressed this to Hitman developers. You should definitely allow to play Pro mode instantly at least in Season Two.

There's two type of people. Somebody like sandbox, other likes content and difficulty. I would rather play 3-4 times on pro, instead play 10 times on easy and after this 1 time on pro difficulty.
    Last edited by DesMusic; 6th Feb 2017 at 21:43.

If you don't like it while thinking it is unfair: Don't play it. Your critics are rather stupid imo. Pro mode is just how Hitman should be, but may not be because of the casuals. It's far more realsistic, that there are cameras all around the place, that the staff carries keys etc around with them, that like crowbars etc. is suspicious and what is really awesome: The guards get intel through alarms and your suspicious actions on camera. This is how the AI should work, not that the guards next door are chilling because they did not see you.

In short: Pro Mode is awesome.

For some reason you didn't get what I write about. I'm also think Pro Mode is awesome. I just don't want play 10 times on standard difficulty before I unlock Pro Mode. Why it's locked???

Right now I have play 10+ hours only Hokkaido finally reached 20 level to unlock Pro Mode. And I feel done myself for now... Would be better If I had possibility to play from start on Pro Mode.

Lol i just found something fun in Sapienza : De Santis in her office talk about Carusso and about a man : Marco Abiatti ( The target of Landslide ).

Sapienza came out in April 2016 ; Landslide 31/01/17 ^^

I have already found some things like that , like the Psy or a guy near Margolis in Paris, they talk about " Jordan Cross "

It's very cool! It is now that I understand Hitman has a great universe and the developers mastered this universe Great job !

Quote Originally Posted by DesMusic View Post
    For some reason you didn't get what I write about. I'm also think Pro Mode is awesome. I just don't want play 10 times on standard difficulty before I unlock Pro Mode. Why it's locked???

Right now I have play 10+ hours only Hokkaido finally reached 20 level to unlock Pro Mode. And I feel done myself for now... Would be better If I had possibility to play from start on Pro Mode.
    For some reason you think I was talking to you.

Hi Square Enix

I'm here today to let you know that I am very very disappointed with my Hitman purchase.

You guys know this game is still a buggy mess, right? Please fix it. Would love to know who is running the show at IO-I. We didn't need two modes, we just need a working game. WHICH WE PAID FOR A YEAR AGO.

Breaking a game patch by patch after it's been sold? Why is this even legal?

I will never buy another product from this joke of a company again for as long as you continue to appease morons like Immadummee. Removing fun elements from the game while completely IGNORING game-breaking bugs like being seen through *** walls. No wonder you are constantly having to try and reach new players. How much money must you spend on marketing? Is that why there is no funding for bug fixes?

Well, IO, at least you got one satisfied player. Even if it is a butthurt troll.

Good day to you.

Smile

Due to the long walk cycles the one save feature is a terrible choice it seems. Let us play the game sheesh. No wonder the game industry is dying when every effort is made to stop people from people instead of letting us just ya know choose.

For example some maps or missions I dont like to save at all and make a clean run and if spotted, oh well just restart. Others are just way too long due to those walk cycles. Giving games freedom of choice is always the best option, restricting it always the worst since it only will please some people :P