Thread: Xbox One Issue, after the January Update (Updated: Fixed)

Xbox One Issue, after the January Update (Updated: Fixed)

Update on February 15th 2017:

The below workaround is no longer necessary, as this issue has been permanently fixed via game update 1.9.1, which was released on February 14th.

----------

We are aware of an issue that prevents some Xbox One players from launching the game after updating to the latest version of the game (The January Update aka 1.9.0). The game will crash and return the player to the Xbox Dashboard whilst attempting to launch.

This issue does not affect any players installing the game from the disc for the first time, or any players that are installing the game digitally for the first time.

We have identified a fix, which will require the 'base game' to be reinstalled.

- On the Xbox One Dashboard, navigate to 'My Games and Apps', select 'HITMAN' and press the 'Menu' button.
    - Select 'Manage Game' and then select the top option 'HITMAN'. Press the 'Menu' button again and then 'Uninstall'
    - This item will need to be uninstalled and reinstalled to fix the issue.
    - Please note that you do not need to reinstall any of the individual episodes.

Please see below for an image showing exactly what needs to be reinstalled.
    (Only the first item labelled 'HITMAN' needs to be uninstalled)

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this will cause and hope that it doesn't cause too much delay to your enjoyment of the new features and content that we have added to the game on January 31st.

If you continue to have issues with this process, please post here in this thread. Thank you.
    Last edited by Travis_IO; 15th Feb 2017 at 09:14.

Hey so, I was experiencing this problem this morning, so I uninstalled then redownloaded the core game. Except now everything on the menu screen says I have to "Get Access" in order to start playing any of the levels or contracts. My level masteries, weapons, gear and completed challenges were all saved, however now I can't get to any of it. I am just curious as to what I should do next so that I can play. As a player since the initial March launch and this game being the reason I moved to the next gen. of consoles I find this extremely irritating, so PLEASE help me out here on how I should move forward with playing. Thanks

As someone that always gets close to hitting my data cap it is a real bummer that the solution is to reinstall 17GB of data.

No Hitman for me for the day then.

if i do this will i lose all my unlocks and progress i made before your "update" broke the game?

Quote Originally Posted by mossy590 View Post
    if i do this will i lose all my unlocks and progress i made before your "update" broke the game?
    No, save data is stored separately from the install (and is actually quite hard to find and delete), and it's backed up to Xbox Live in case you ever trash your hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessCowboy View Post
    No, save data is stored separately from the install (and is actually quite hard to find and delete), and it's backed up to Xbox Live in case you ever trash your hard drive.
    thanks. i guess i will go download 17gigs now....thanks 101, i really love re downloading a game because an update broke it.

That fixed one issue. Now I don't have access to any of the missions as it says 'Get access' and leads me to the xbox store. I had the complete collection for months before the update. Any help?

This is your solution? To download the whole game again? Ridiculous. Some of us have data caps you know.

THANKS! Why you can bring a fcking patch do fix it? 17 gb really? not everyone have a highspeed internet connection. i should making me pay my money back.

i have a problem, i bought hitman steelbook edition. im missing the colorado mission. its says get access. when i installed hitman on my xbox one the installingpackage for colorado was only 10mb? i have all the other missions. i have reinstalled everything several times but its not working. please help.

Had the same problem, really mean cause of the slow downloads on XBL.

I had the same problem. Uninstalled the game, reinstalled, and then had to reinstall Sapienza and Marrakesh. Took lots of time, but what evs. Worked

Issue for me now: I bought the game through the intro bundle, which included the base game and Paris. When I reinstalled, I got he base game, but I dont have Paris. I also dont see a way to get it.

Xbox store says I own the intro bundle, but when i click it I just get taken to the main screen. "Get Access" is what it says for everything in Paris.

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHorner View Post
    I had the same problem. Uninstalled the game, reinstalled, and then had to reinstall Sapienza and Marrakesh. Took lots of time, but what evs. Worked

Issue for me now: I bought the game through the intro bundle, which included the base game and Paris. When I reinstalled, I got he base game, but I dont have Paris. I also dont see a way to get it.

Xbox store says I own the intro bundle, but when i click it I just get taken to the main screen. "Get Access" is what it says for everything in Paris.

Help?
    I've got the problem with the Colorado level.

I bought the Steelbook edition and all was alright in the beginning but when i start the game i notice that the Chapter 5: Colorado and Bonus Mission its missing. Say: "Get Access" and sent me to the Xbox Store. I reinstall and update the game but nothing works. Its really annoying that i pay full price for the game but i dont get the full game.

I had the same problem. After the update i cant acces to the chapter 5: Colorado or Bonus missions, in the section mannage game can see all the chapters installed but Colorado and Bonus Missions only weight 10mb. In the game only say "Get Acces" and send me to the xbox store where the chapters look like i didnt bought but the price its 30x than the original price.