Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: It ought to ba a movie!!

It ought to ba a movie!!

Cool It ought to ba a movie!!

So what are your suggestions for books, games, cartoons, TV shows, etc, that reeeally ought to be made into big time movies??

I'm going to go ahead and fall into my same old predictable groove and vote for The Legacy Of Kain series!!

The Command And Conquer Series would make good movies. I'd love to see 1 in each sub series (Tiberian sun, Red Alert2, Renegade)

Deus Ex would be another interesting movie in mind.

That's about all i can think of. Since the others are starwars but there's only one more movie comming out for em

Big Grin

Now just what the heck is Deus Ex about anyway? (I don't feel like going to the trouble of visiting that forum to find out.LOL)

Kind of a shame there's only going to be one more Star Wars film. But, then, I haven't even seen the most recent one yet. Nothing beats the original trilogy, though!

OOoohh! I know! How about an Oddworld film?!

Yes, that last bit was sarcasm...

What??? There's only one more Star Wars movie??? This can't be! *fakes a fainting spell*

ps. I'd want to see the Sword of Truth series made into movies. That would be sooo awesome and out of this world!

I think Deus Ex is about some evil corporation who has chemical weapons and plans to use it on inicent people.

It's always the same story

Some bad guy has a super weapon (nuke, chemical, bio or "high tech doomsday device") who plans to take over the world with it, you're sent to stop em.

I just think it would make a good movie cause people (i guess secret agents) can get "nano" upgrades (cell sized machines. Like "borg nanoprobes").

Big Grin

Originally posted by Polar_Andromeda

ps. I'd want to see the Sword of Truth series made into movies. That would be sooo awesome and out of this world!
    And what's that one about?

Originally posted by mrdefender
    It's always the same story

Some bad guy has a super weapon (nuke, chemical, bio or "high tech doomsday device") who plans to take over the world with it, you're sent to stop em.
    Yep, they're all pretty much the same in games, movies, books, everything! The challenge is to make them seem different enough that they don't become copies of eachother. That's why I hope the upcoming collection of comic-based films have enough original ideas up their sleeves so that they don't seem to be copies of one another.

***fingers crossed***

Some of the smilarities are interesting though. Deus Ex's story is good.

I just played 007: Night Fire demo. It rocks Its another game with gadgets but its bond gagets!! The watch laser The pen taser, the lighter camera. Glasses with 3 modes.. xray, heat vision, night vision.

Bond at its best

Exclamation

I haven't played any Bond games yet, either. Jeez, I miss out on everything!

Cool

But I did get my hands on the PS2 Spider-Man movie game tonight. I've heard nothing but good things about it, so I hope it's pretty good!

It rocks.

The PC version is hell to get it to work. Audio Hardware acceleration must be set to basic, Color must be 32bit (desktop color). No background applications must be running (things next to the clock). The disk cleanup must be run (cause some of the things it cleans up, has to be cleaned up or the game crashes within 1 minute of game running..).

Big Grin

Well, so far, I'm just getting used to the controls and trying out the "obstacle course" and stuff. But it is pretty freakin' cool. I haven't even gotten to the actual gameplay, and I'm addicted.

I like Bruce Campbell narrating. He's cool. I think he's supposed to be the Lizard in the next Spidey film (yet another reference from the first film that I very nearly missed).

When I got the game to work, I couldnt get most of the "bonus" levels to work. The Obstacle course was just a dark screen, the timer would work aswell as the sound but I couldnt see anything.

I used to walk forward and a screen would pop up saying i died :/

Red Face (Embarrassed)

Jeez, that doesn't sound good...

That's part of the reason I'm glad I play these things on PS2. There always seem to be too many things that can go wrong when playing a game on PC. The only game I've played from start to finish on PC is the first Soul Reaver, and thankfully it never had any of those hangups. That's probably part of the reason that I haven't bothered putting any of my other PC games on my computer, even though I keep buying them (for some goofy reason). It just sounds like too much trouble to deal with the various glitchy bits.

Really? Spider-man movie is the only game I had problems with.

From all these posts about problems playing PE on PS2... I think Consoles are too vulnerable...

Though I'm considering getting a game cube

Big Grin

GameCube? Why? Though I'll have to admit, Eternal Darkness looks pretty cool, I really can't think of any other titles for that console that I would buy. Do they have any other notable ones I missed?

I'm pretty well attached to my PS2, anyway.

Well. I saw alot I found looked good.

Super Mario Sunshine
    Star Fox Adventure
    Star Wars Bounty Hunter (you play as Jango Fett)
    Metroid Prime
    Mario Party 4
    Super Smash Brothers Meele

and, ofcourse, the GameShark for it.

I don't mind playing without codes.. I just hate getting stuck at one spot, try for 30 minutes and eventually get passed it.

Besides, some GameShark codes are funny. I saw some MPG about Mario Sunshine and GS Codes like Gravity. Mario jumped super high. it was funny.

Big Grin

LOL I got a Gameshark 2 for PS2 that I use after I've beaten a game to go back and get extra stuff. It's fun going through Devil May Cry and getting all the special attacks and stuff that I couldn't get before right from the start. Or playing Soul Reaver 2 and using the "fly" code to get to distant ledges and gaze at perplexing murals on the walls.

I might end up getting a GameCube sometime in the future. Who knows? I might just want to get one of each console and have a whole massive collection of games to fry my brain with!

Did u c the new comercial for the xbox?

Some kids with green spray paint jump from roof to roof playing tic-tac-toe and end up getting 3 x's like this \

then it zooms out to birds eye view and u see 9 buildings (3x3) and the "board"

Unhappy

Unfortunately, ever since I got my current job, I seem to miss most of what is on television (commercials, tv shows, whatever). And the only show I half-heartedly make an effort to tape is Smallville.

Sounds cool, though.

Im sorry to hear that

my tv shows are well timed. I got from 3pm to 8pm sometimes 9pm.

But u gotta know that most of my shows last an hour (1 hour episode) like startrek and touched by an angel.

Smile

Well, most of the shows I like end up being taken off of tv in pretty short order, or put on stations I can't get. I've bought quite a few of them on tape, though, so I'm not entirely at a loss for entertainment.

thank god. ~

This is basicly my tv show lineup.

3pm: Touched by an angel or Startrek TNG (depending on which episode TNG is)
    4pm: Star Trek DS9 (or VOY depending on episode)
    5pm: Star Trek VOY
    6pm: The Simpsons (or nothing at all)
    630pm: Everybody loves raymond (or nothing)
    7pm: Fraiser (or nothing)
    730pm: channel surfing and leave it on if something looks good.
    8pm: Depends. Buffy or Star Trek Enterprise (wensdays)

most of these I just leave the tv on, play games or surf net, and I glimpse at them from time to time. Except for Touched by an Angel and Enterprise (if its not a repeat).

Unhappy

AARGH! I need to get cable! I'm missing all my Treks!! Wish I had as much stuff on tv that I like to watch as you. They even took my Red Dwarf off--the dweebs!

Red Dwarf? Thats a star.

Oh! I also found out the awnser of our startrek problem (what metal ships are made of). you were right, it was tritanium.

The "Year Of Hell" Voyager episode/2parts had the awnser. Janeway talks to tuvok about how "voyager" nurtured them and stuff. Ofcourse Tuvok is confused about humans making emotional attachements to inanemite objects, then he describes voyager as a collection of bulkheads and eventually mentions tritanium.

I got confused on that one. I kept thinking of titanium (wich is a metal we have now..)

Page 1 of 3 123 Last