Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: EditMap - The online TS2 Mapmaker

EditMap - The online TS2 Mapmaker

Thumbs Up EditMap - The online TS2 Mapmaker

Hello all,

My friend and I have created this little program to help you guys share maps with each other.

I have read the other post written by eBlast, and although we may have the same ideas I assure you guys I am not in any compitition with him, my team has just made an alternative ;)

Please eBlast, don't hold a grudge, maybe we could even work together one day!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy my team's attempt at The MapMaker!

It's called EditMap and you can check it out Here!

Seeya Guys!

Retz

Smile

Excellent work! Have made this sticky so that everyone will see it.

MMM

Cheers MapMaker Monkey!

Thumbs Up

Excellent work!

Hi folks, just thought I'd let you know we have just updated the EditMap site with a new version. You can now place Items on your maps. Have fun.

Just wanna say the new programs great!!! I see you've put my map up cheers. I could make maps weekly for your site if you want? (I've got lots of ideas )

Mwahaha, I'll have to work with that a bit, and maybe figure out a way to get my GCN in the same room as my PC so I can transfer some of my 20+ maps to it ^_^

-----------------------------------------

-Tagrineth

Keep the awesome maps coming guys!
    Well done to Ragged_Brute for his contribution of 2 maps so far. Keep going mate!
    We'd love to see everybody participating, and hopefully we can have a huge list of maps very soon!

Hope to see your emails!

Originally posted by Retz
    Keep the awesome maps coming guys!
    Well done to Ragged_Brute for his contribution of 2 maps so far. Keep going mate!
    We'd love to see everybody participating, and hopefully we can have a huge list of maps very soon!

No problem dude glad to help. My maps are 100% original, no remakes or stolen ideas.

The tool itself is awesome. I do however, think there should be a way to "Submit" the map so it is posted like on a list or something. Also, it should be as printer friendly as possibly since people will actually need to print the maps so they can re-create them. It's still a pretty neat tool though.

how do you rotate the peices

Space Bar
    Oh and as a suggestion why dont u use the gif files that are on the The Mapmaker site for the program?

I never saw those GIFs... I'll take a look at them and see if they will work.

the tool is amazing. Its great, but i have some problms..

1. When i placed a gun turret i think on a tile, it went underneath it.

2. Once an item has been placed on top of a tile then you cannot move it (unless you put it in the recycle bin bit i think)

Other than that the editor really is great and i look forward to recreating my maps. Well done!
    "how about i give you the finger, and you give me my phonecall"
    Neo, The Matrix

Check out ts2gamer! Its great! Packed with informayion and everything ts2 wise!

Once i get my timesplitters.co.uk on the road i will contributing a lot of maps.

Just thought I'd post to tell you we released EditMap 0.03. The new version includes the proper tile pieces and a few fixes on the graph itself. Have fun.

We've also got a chat room running.
    If you have the time we'd love to see you on there.

18. Smile

Hey apoc^x and Retz,

Just wanted to say that I'm really impressed with the update.

MMM

i think it could be used as an official tool. If the bugs that are there got eliminated i could see it being very proffessional and very nice.
    (eidos would pay apoc^x and retz though )
    Neo, The Matrix

maybe if i have time, ill submit one of my school that i made on my cube alrdy
    2 Silver
    33 Gold
    31 Platinum

Fave Characters: Undead Priest, Viola, R One-Oh-Seven, Corp Hart, The Cropilite

http://www.staticon.net/hosted_pix/Choronis01.jpg

Question I have a little question

I love the EditMap thing but there is one thing i cant figure out, once youve created a map, how do you save it so that you can like put it on your website or something like that?

Once i figure that out, i will like EditMap even more!

Hey MMP. There is no proper save feature in EditMap at the moment, but this is how we are saving the maps...

Make your map, then press the Print Screen button on your keyboard. Then open an image program such as Paint. In Paint click Edit then Paste, and your map will appear on the screen.

Smile

Okay,thanx man

What do the blue and red sides mean in Editmap?

they are large ans small doorways.
    In the ts2 map maker doors are symbolised by a coloured line on a wall. A red line connects with other red lines and is small and a blue line connects with other blue lines and is large. Basically they represent doorways and can connect to other "doorways" of the same colour.
    Hope that helps.
    Neo, The Matrix

Page 1 of 2 12 Last