Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: EditMap - The online TS2 Mapmaker

EditMap - The online TS2 Mapmaker

Retz or Apoc_X you must reply ASAP. Timesplitters2.co.uk needs a map creator and I need to put your program on ym site but i have included a link to your site and given you all the credit. I just need you to confirm if this is ok before i put it up.

Thanx, Seegy.
    I've got TS2 on my Cube, but i haven't had the time to play around with it, with christmas coming, and me having rehearsals every night now, and a job etc...

But if you want to make a large room, would you connect a lot of the pieces with blue sides? Or does this only make a lot of smaller rooms, with big doors between them?

Greetz
    Fedaykin

Cool

Hi Fedaykin

Check out the MapMaker site for tutorials on how to use the MapMaker.

MMM

Thumbs Up What it SHOULD be like

Edit Map is a really useful tool. Yet it lacks a couple things:

1. More than one floor!
    2. A grid the size of the real map makers'
    3. Have a big description box, so we can make our maps, yet also write the briefing, objectives, logics, and enemies.
    I'm not saying it's bad, (because it is a very nice piece of programming, but it COULD use some updates.

Keep up the good work and never quit! (You guys saved me when I heard eblast had stopped making his editor).

Originally posted by ragged_brute
    Retz or Apoc_X you must reply ASAP. Timesplitters2.co.uk needs a map creator and I need to put your program on ym site but i have included a link to your site and given you all the credit. I just need you to confirm if this is ok before i put it up.
    Sure you can use it! Just make sure you give us FULL and frequent credit.
    We want people using it but we want them to know who made it.

-Retz

cheers, both your names are on the site.

EditMap FLA file?

To apoc^x and Retz:

Hey guys, F-Rott here. Is there any way I could get the EditMap .FLA file? I'd like to update it for my own personal use. I'd keep it offline and send you any results. I want to add Second Story Tiles and maybe a way to implement Door and Window placements, as well as Story Enemies. Probably shrink the tile size to allow a larger grid.

Get ahold of me here:

F-Rott

Hey people, just thought I'd remind you that Retz and I are still around.

We've added a heap of maps to the Editmap site. No update to the program itself though. But keep sending in your maps.

I don't mean to necropost, but this is a very nice application. Still could use some work and debugging, but it has great potential.

I'm looking forward to your next update.

It does kick arse though
    I'm hard, you can SEE my power cells!
    http://img32.exs.cx/img32/7905/Sig26.jpg

Big Grin

GREAT!!! Just GREAT!!!!!!

I think it's cool...nearly better than in the real game...haha...

but i don't know how you go to 2nd floor...

idea

hi all
    i was just wondering if suggestions could be submitted here too, im new here so...

i however intend to post one of my own story maps here to...when it finished

but my suggestion is: (if ever possible)
    some kind of mod that allows you to build a map that has tripple the "free space" as regular now is, and a max of 20 to 25 possible enemies to put in the game

well, this sounds crazy maybe but im a favourite of long time maps where you must infiltrate, walk, and mass attack andwith the current possibilities it's pretty hard to make a good and decend map with just 10 enemies and the available amount of free space.
    (this is just my view on it)

well thnx anyway for this and my map will follow sometime yet!

greetz shade!!!

I know this may sound weird but TS3 map maker lets you place as many story baddies as you like, i dont think the memory space is much improved though.
    I dont think there are any mods avalible which will alter the game as you want, if any that alter the games/memory at all

Plus this forum is dead but you can post away!

Good luck with ur map!

Originally Posted by the_internet_king
    I know this may sound weird but TS3 map maker lets you place as many story baddies as you like, i dont think the memory space is much improved though.
    I dont think there are any mods avalible which will alter the game as you want, if any that alter the games/memory at all

Plus this forum is dead but you can post away!

Good luck with ur map!
    well making the maps is going pretty well for me
    but i still find it pretty much a shame that you can't have a mode that you can use the space of 3 maps together, if the memorycard can handle the open space...but ok

thnx anyway

greets shade

Page 2 of 2 First First 12