Thread: Help

Help

Twitch Guest

Help

Hey I got a new computer with XP and have attempted to log on to this forum for 2 weeks without success. It's a Catch 22 since you can't alert anyone if you aren't logged on and you can't get help.

Webmaster at eidos does not answer so forget that. I got on with this machine using ME. ?? At login screen the it asks for your name and password and recognizes you then just goes back to the same screen over and over. No way to get cookied on any screen at all.

If anyone can assist please e mail me simdoktor@aol.com

Twitch Guest
    I dunno- everything just started working once I broke through on the machine with ME. I had security and privacy set even lower on the XP machine too so that that wasn't it.

For sure there is no help if you can't contact anyone else.

Do you allow cookies? It's possible that that's the problem. Also if you have a problem and want to contact someone from Eidos e-mail/pm either Grey Mouser or RedLegg the webmaster@eidos.com doesn't seem to answer for some reason.

Twitch Guest
    Yes it was a cookie/security/privacy setting issue on Windows XP. Although set exactly to the same levels as my previous O/S, which was ME, it didn't work. The bad part as stated was that there was no response to my reqiests for assistance. Bad show there/

Originally posted by Twitch
    Yes it was a cookie/security/privacy setting issue on Windows XP. Although set exactly to the same levels as my previous O/S, which was ME, it didn't work. The bad part as stated was that there was no response to my reqiests for assistance. Bad show there/
    I believe there is a problem with the Eidos Forum email system.

I know this because my account got all screwed up and it took a over a week to try and find @m's email address (strangely i got it from the TAFN forums) to get it sorted out. I couldn't PM anyone, cause my account was restricted

Webmaster@eidos doesn't get through, and nor do any auto generated emails from the forum, although apparently this doesn't happen to everyone