Thread: Donyatsu

Donyatsu

Squeenix, I must hand it to you: you have a penchant for picking up interesting yet odd titles.

Some background.

Very recently on the figure collecting site I frequent, these things were added to the database that were so cute, so bizzare that a great number of people decided to order them. (I did not, but was seriously thinking about it.) That item?

myfigurecollection.net/item/116462

^This.

Cute, right? Pure fluff? You might want to rethink this when you see the cover of the source material. myfigurecollection.net/item/136537

Donyatsu is currently running in the SE anthology Young Gangan and I'm hoping that it gets picked up over here.
    Creepy stuff if you think about it.

Edit: Some more info: The Mangaka is Kozaki Yusuke, who's worked on Fire Emblem and No More Heroes umong other things. He also has a deviant art account as well. kymg.deviantart.com/

Good job in securing an oddball title, SE!

Those are adorable figures. I never heard of Donyatsu before and thanks for bringing this up YukiTsubaki. And good job Square Enix! I'm also surprised Kozaki Yusuke has a deviantART. Definitely following him.

Just when Donyatsu aren't badass enough, there's this thing. myfigurecollection.net/item/141766

Wonder Fest exclusive item! I'm surprised that SE isn't releasing figures of their own for their manga series...but this is such an odd title that they've decided to let other companies do their heavy lifting. Good for us fans!

A good number of great artists have dA accounts. Link to Redjuice's account...if you've not heard of this artist before, you might recognize the pics of Inori on this page. Guilty Crown is also an SE title. redjuice999.deviantart.com/

Ne ****eru...this reminds me of ...Mameshiba? Donut cats ftw!

I've seen them strutting about over at Square Enix Members Japan for quite some time...

SEM Japan always did get the best things first.

*sigh* T_T

Are those some new Donyatsu I spy in this here pic?

myfigurecollection.net/picture/634893&re...

The Donyatsu cake rolls are so cute!!!!!!!

It was new Donyatsu!

Kitty Cake Roll!: myfigurecollection.net/item/146209

Even Donyatsu need to exercise to burn off those extra calories. myfigurecollection.net/item/146208

Angry Spongecake Kitty: myfigurecollection.net/item/146210

This is perfect for Grimoire-san. ^///^ myfigurecollection.net/item/141778

Chocolate is a good flavor too: myfigurecollection.net/item/141779

Donyatsu, second manga is now out. myfigurecollection.net/item/143535

Still, surprised that SE has other companies making these...

Forgot to post SE's link to their own page... www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/yg/introd...

Heh, truly. ^_^

I'm seeing a lot of new Donyatsu phone straps out recently. Phone straps make nice Christmas tree ornaments! Merchandise for the series seems to have taken on a life of their own separate from the manga!

...And for those whose wish for said Donyatsu straps went unfilled, here is your wish granted!

www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?ItemGroup=ca...

If you've never checked out this website, it's one of me favs for importing and it looks like they're having some sales on some PAK!

Surreal Post-Apocalyptic Animal Manga Donyatsu Gets Anime www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-05-16...

Watch the first anime short online donyatsu.jp/

Surreal post-apocalyptic animal anime Donyatsu's 10th short streamed
    (Anime News Network)
    ― Donyatsu finds a pretty materia and the mice army Biggs and Wedge is trying to eat her in this episode!

Surreal post-apocalyptic animal anime Donyatsu's final short streamed.
    (Anime News Network)

Crunchyroll adds Donyatsu
    Crunchyroll Adds Donyatsu (Anime News Network)
    - Donyatsu, the anime adaptation of Yuusuke Kozaki's surreal manga about animal/snack hybrids in a post-apocalyptic world, is comprised of a series of 12 shorts.

Crunchyroll adds Donyatsu
    Crunchyroll Manga Adds Donyatsu (Anime News Network)