Thread: My Mother's Surgery

My Mother's Surgery

Unhappy My Mother's Surgery

My mother has gone into the hospital today for surgery on her colon. The doctors are saying that there's a tumor in there that has been causing a blockage in her colon. They are not sure whether it is cancerous or not. It's going to be about a six week recovery period. She's been sick for awhile, and hopefully this surgery will take care of the problem. Just thought that everyone should know.

Squid & LochNessa
    I speak to you now of the fall of giants, the passing of ages, the burial of heroes, the death of kings.

Our prayers go with her and you.

Here's to a speedy recovery. I will hope for the best.

Hope all is well with her, and that she recovers quickly and feels better than she did before the surgery!

Bravus

A Brief Update

Well, she's out of surgery. The doctor thinks that it wasn't cancerous, but she is recommending a light regiem of chemo just in case. Everything went well, there were no complications. Hopefully she'll be back home soon.

Squid & LochNessa

Ah Squid, I’m sorry to hear about your mothers condition Hopefully the doctors are right and she’ll soon be back on the road to recovery. I wish her well

Pass along mine and the forum's positive thoughts and well wishes.......

I went through that with my mother about 3 years ago but hers was cancerous. She's still causing trouble. She working the voting booths today in Florida so I hope she doesn't goof up.

Question

Can't they biopsy what they removed before starting chemo?
    "Join us...join us now...you're so close!"
    --Bat-mite

My mother went through the same thing 2 years ago.
    She's fortunate to have caring people in her life like you.
    I hope all is well.

I too send my well wishes to your mom Squid. Take care of her, and yourself too.

I'm a little late, as I was away on vacation, but please accept my wishes for your mother to have a speedy recovery from her surgery, Squid.

Smile

I'm happy for you all that the surgery went well and she seems to be on the good road to recovery Squid Yes, it does seem a little strange that a biopsy wouldn't be in order to determine if she really needs the chemo? However, perhaps an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure??? Continued well wishes for all and take care Ta and Good Hunting!