Thread: captain stuck on ladder

captain stuck on ladder

captain stuck on ladder

in the White Death mission, the allies captain got stuck on a ladder in the german ship. He wont go neither up nor down, he's just hanging there. (I am able to select him).
    I tried several tricks, like having a group of sailors go through the ladder etc, nothing happens, the captain won't move. Any ideas? It's too fustrating now that i'm so close to the end of this stage..i can't reload either, i did my last Quicksave after this bug happened (and then i realised it).

thanks in advance for any help

so you're saying he is half way up the ladder and you decide to quick save? odd cuz you have to tell him to climb, right? but anyway, can't hurt to quit, reboot then load the save game again to see if it's persistent. maybe you had some WWWT happen.

BTW, WWWT means weird, whacko, windows thing

Arrow

you could always cheat and Shift - X the captain to another spot

thats a bad thing,cuz it will ruin his score

has anyone experimented with saved games and cheat codes?

what i mean is if you load a saved game that was in cheat mode when you saved it it comes up in normal mode.

So if you were to quicksave the game

then change to your default user (user other than the one your playing at) and load the quick save, cheat and fix it and then quicksave.

Then change back to your scoring user and quickload the mission

Does this still bugger up the score?

I still don't really think the score matters. IMO gaining a higher score gives no benefit to gameplay, no bonus levels or better abilities so it is fairly pointless

The score does matter. but if you don't get a higher rank than corporal anyway then you shouldn't bother with it.
    He who controls the past commands the future he who commands the future conquers the past

The score gives you a goal in the game, otherwise you will just screw around.

Cool

Originally posted by ragsy
    has anyone experimented with saved games and cheat codes?
    Yeah, I did. When you use cheats, the game resets your rank in the perfiles.dat (user profiles settings). It has nothing to do with savegames. The only solution is to start new game under different name or different difficulty. I hacked perfiles.dat (and even wrote a small program) so you can change (or restore) rank at will but the only problem is that I couldn't figure out how it assignes medals and where does it store that information.

Thumbs Up

I was looking at that file two nights ago strangely enough

I am compiling all the info regarding the file structure for a website I'm doing

That file is chocka full of espanol so I'm struggling to to decipher it.

I'd be interested in what you know of it Xcom

Originally posted by 1shot1kill
    The score gives you a goal in the game, otherwise you will just screw around.
    True it gives you a benchmark to work against

But the game design was such that you are encouraged to try many different methods.

The goal of score has never been big in my prioities list, just get the mission done as quickly and effectively as possible.

If there was a reward for Field Marshall then it would be very different

Personally, I think the scoring system isn't always that good, especially the 'Neutralized enemies w/o shooting & especially killing' parts. One of the best things of Commandos I was that you could cut every enemy soldier's neck and get away with it. Now, it's almost as if they are encouraging you to punch out and tie up the enemies. (agreed, sometimes it's better to knock someone out, others might hear the death cry when you knife them, but it's much more fun to actually kill them.)

Cool

Originally posted by ragsy
    I'd be interested in what you know of it Xcom
    Unfortunately, not much. And what I knew, I already forgot. C'mon, it's been almost a year since I did that stuff. If you have Visual Basic 5-6+, I can send you the program I made + the source code. I don't think I'll be poking around in those files again.

you have some enemies left?
    if you do, then just take Lupin and guide some soldiers to the guy who is climbing there, they'll shoot him to death, he will fall down and you just go and heal him
    ziili

hear the death cry when you knife them
    maybe you're not aware of this but it's true, if you aim high and slit their throats they make less noise than if you were to aim low and knife them in the back. thus, you can continue your bloodthirsty ways

hey Xcom,can usend this proggie to me also?
    if yes send it to qdavid@sympatico.ca

Yeah, I did notice that sometimes, Tiny slits the enemy's throat, while in other cases, he just plunges his knife into them. But I didn't know that it had to do with where you aim when you click on the enemy...Thanks for the info!

me too.will try this trick asap.

hmm,weird,tried dozen of enemys and aimed high and only one succeded?

Cool

Originally posted by David
    hey Xcom,can usend this proggie to me also?
    if yes send it to qdavid@sympatico.ca
    Yes, I can. Do you want source code too? (Cuz I need to find it first. LOL).