Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: FM - Mines of Magaroth: Anyway to up the ambient light level (w/o crashing the game)?

FM - Mines of Magaroth: Anyway to up the ambient light level (w/o crashing the game)?

FM - Mines of Magaroth: Anyway to up the ambient light level (w/o crashing the game)?

This FM has a crypt level that is pitch black. I don't play in Blind Thief mode. Garrett only has 2 senses: sight and sound. He has no touch.

I tried loading the FM into dromed, entering "ambient 20", portalizing, and then saving the .mis file (atop the one on the Thief directory that was getting loaded for the FM), but this causes bugs in the FM that make it crash the game back to the Windows desktop. I'm wondering if it makes a difference if I'm playing the T1 mission (which might've been written using TDP) using the TG engine and using the version of dromed that came with TG is causing the crash bugs to appear.

I find the navigation through the pitch dark crypts an exercise in boredom. Can't see anything but maybe a glimpse of a piece of a crypt. I don't play Thief to get headaches trying to squint in the dark. But I can't up the ambient light level using the dromed that came with TG on an FM designed with T1 (TDP?).

Upping the game or monitor's gamma doesn't help. Changing gamma on 100% black still gives you black.

It is a bit dark, but I just wait until night to play it in a dark room and I can see just fine. I had the same problem with Brawl in the Tombs and dealt with it the same way.

As much as it will make you look silly, throwing a blanket over your head and your computer will help you see. And you get really desprate: eat some carrots.

Smile

Vanguard - I had the same trouble and quit for the same reason. No advice from me I'm afraid. Although I do like the image of you huddled over your monitor in the dark, blanket over your head, squinting hopelessly, and a small plate of carrots by your left elbow. Very good mission, petrifying immersion(I said at the time I think that it made Cragcleft's mines look like the kiddie pool). But I gave up wandering around in the dark. Plus, I was most definitely not trying to Ghost; I must have blackjacked 100 AI and finally gave up due to a numb right arm.

Nightwalker replied to a semi-complaint from me on this mission that the designer admits his FMs are a bit on the difficult side and was revising this one and releasing a future FM. One hopes he takes into account that we don't all like to play blindfolded.

There is a way to increase the gamma above the maximum, this works in T2 but im not sure about TDP or TG. When in game hit "shift ;" a small command box will appear at the top of the screen. Then type "gamma 0.4" (no quotes). 0.5 is the standard maximum, but the closer to 0 the higher the gamma. If there is no ambient light set in the level then it wont make any difference, it will still be black. Also the closer you get to 0 things start looking pretty ugly and washed out.

This actually IS the new version that has just been released as the first mission in a 4 pack, clayman. It's still a little on the dark side in the underground area, is wickedly hard and has some really fantastic stuff in it. It's worthwhile playing it only at night, if need be, to see it!

Re: FM - Mines of Magaroth: Anyway to up the ambient light level (w/o crashing the game)?

Originally posted by Vanguard
    This FM has a crypt level that is pitch black. I don't play in Blind Thief mode. Garrett only has 2 senses: sight and sound. He has no touch.

I tried loading the FM into dromed, entering "ambient 20", portalizing, and then saving the .mis file (atop the one on the Thief directory that was getting loaded for the FM), but this causes bugs in the FM that make it crash the game back to the Windows desktop. I'm wondering if it makes a difference if I'm playing the T1 mission (which might've been written using TDP) using the TG engine and using the version of dromed that came with TG is causing the crash bugs to appear.

For Thief 2 you need to type Ambient 20 20 20.
    For the 3 primary colors Red,Blue,Green
    Then you'll need to set the Light setting to Objcast Lighting then Relight. Then resave as mis file.
    The Miracle of Modern Pharmaceuticals.
    Gotta love them.

Smile

Thanks, Apache. But no normal Dromedianly-clueless player should have to go to this trouble just to get an FM to work properly.

This is another example of an otherwise excellent mission that the designer just didn't go the final mile to make sure it was received the way it should have been. Who beta-tested this and accepted this level of darkness ? And why make it so hard that only a fraction of the Thieving populace can even finish it ? Another example of the 'my daddy is bigger than your daddy' competition-mindedness of 2001, imo. Too bad.

I still think this one of the absolute meanest, scariest, immersive missions of 2001. btw.

Well, I quit trying to play Mines of Margroth. I then started the Ruins of Originia. The title says Ashes to Ashes but the first mission is actually Mines of Margroth. The Ruins of Originia FM was done in T2, so the Mines FM got converted. The T1 version of Mines is a beta. The T2 version that is the 1st part of the 4-part series for Ruins doesn't look like a beta. A lot of changes went into the T2 version of Mines, too. One of the changes is that the ambient light is much better in the T2 version. It is dark but not black.

Now my problem is that I cannot complete this first part (Mines of Margroth). I got to the gate by the tornado but when clicked on a message says the gate won't open except over someone's dead skull. I've looked everywhere and haven't found a skull. I have found the other openings into that tornado chamber except the lowest one. I can lean out these openings but I can't get through them. You have to break glass to get into the Tricks area and inside is a square room that you have to blast open a door with 2 fire arrows. I found the mana seed in the bathroom tile room but haven't a clue what to do with it. In a room with a holy water fountain and a small garden outside (with a tunnel to one of the openings into the tornado chamber), I see gas arrows up in recesses in the ceiling. I did manage to get a rope arrow stuck in the ceiling of the passages up there but it doesn't hang low enough for me to grab. I'm thinking those openings were intended for only coming down and sliding off the rope. I found the secret in the church in the HQ where you start. I got 40 fire arrows in there, I had 13, so with 53 fire arrows there wasn't a problem clearing out the crypts and other halls that you get to via the mines. The headless mech beast are destroyed by bright light, so get a bunch huddled together and toss 2 flashbombs to vaporize them.

- I need a skull to open the gate into the tornado chamber. There are skull wall plaques in sides rooms in the bathroom tiled room where I got the mana seed but they're not frobbable and I haven't found a switch and blasting them with fire arrows doesn't work.

- I don't know what to do with the mana seed. Maybe that gets used later.

So far, it has been a very good FM except for one point: the constant maze followed by another maze followed by another maze and ad nauseum starts to make this FM drag out and get boring. Getting stuck in the middle of a war and cowering in a dark corner to wait it out was interesting. If I ever try to ghost this mission, it'll be right after I get bored with repeatedly sticking needles in my forearm, and I already know of several ghost busts that'll occur.

Wow..

Now I did make the light higher for the T2 version.. I originally want to Make the player follow the T1 version Wisps (Before I knew T2 had them) through the catacombs. But things all change..

T2:
    If your think it is too dark. Drop the Gem of Oldorf. It does create a spectral light (and bounces like a rubber ball). The light has other advantages that can be discovered in FM4.

Vanguard:

You are missing a couple of key areas.. The leve BELOW the Catacombs for example: TANK. Look at the side view map, or check out the Walk-through. The Skull is Bantar's Skull.. You Must kill him to open that gate... The next 3 are not as difficult. I didn't think that you would get so discouraged...

Here is what you need to do:

You can always use the Walk-through...
    www.ycatx.com

I got the scroll from the room with 3 sleeping mage zombies near the well (with all the potions and the whistling stone).

I turned on the generator, the red crystal blew (near the north heroes hall entrance) and alerted the merchant zombies. It didn't do anything to help so I reloaded and skipped that.

The scroll mentions hitting a button or maybe turning on the generator opens the secret door but that I would need a speed potion. Didn't have any at this point.

The scroll also mentions Viper VI's tomb. So I used the sunburst bomb to blow open its door. That's a ghost bust because of property damage. It didn't alert any AIs, even the midget haunt that had been spawned in the back hallway between the north and south hero halls. Flip a bunch of switches and I got into the "tank" area. Another shadow burrick and another bust. They and other AIs have night vision and can see me even if I am completely black so there was no way to get the ancient map without the burrick spotting me. Another ghost bust.

I didn't find this area until I read the scroll underneath the mage zombie. As with getting the 350 loot in the pirate's chest in the Tricks area, it doesn't occur to me to be smashing, slashing, blasting, or dousing objects everywhere.

I must've missed something back in the Tanks area because I thought it was just a small dead end area. I quit trying to ghost just because there are so many forced busts. Every AI in this mission in the areas that I've gotten to are either dead, unconscious, or in pieces.

I got the scroll from the room with 3 sleeping mage zombies near the well (with all the potions and the whistling stone).

I turned on the generator, the red crystal blew (near the north heroes hall entrance) and alerted the merchant zombies. It didn't do anything to help so I reloaded and skipped that.

Those were the ghouls... I thought I had a speed potion to start with and got another in the well...

The scroll mentions hitting a button or maybe turning on the generator opens the secret door but that I would need a speed potion. Didn't have any at this point.

The scroll also mentions Viper VI's tomb. So I used the sunburst bomb to blow open its door. That's a ghost bust because of property damage. It didn't alert any AIs, even the midget haunt that had been spawned in the back hallway between the north and south hero halls. Flip a bunch of switches and I got into the "tank" area. Another shadow burrick and another bust. They and other AIs have night vision and can see me even if I am completely black so there was no way to get the ancient map without the burrick spotting me. Another ghost bust.

Man... oh man... These are ancient ruins... I didn't think property damage didn't matter.. After all there a madman making the earth shake and "cave-in"

I didn't find this area until I read the scroll underneath the mage zombie. As with getting the 350 loot in the pirate's chest in the Tricks area, it doesn't occur to me to be smashing, slashing, blasting, or dousing objects everywhere.

That is what made me MAD about Bonehoard.. I (the player) wanted to bust something open (like Felix's crew)... I felt short changed... And wanted to make my terrain more interactable for the starvingly greedy...

I must've missed something back in the Tanks area because I thought it was just a small dead end area.

TANK is actually MUCH larger then TRICKS, and I thought that people would use the map and the MAP shows the secret door...

I quit trying to ghost just because there are so many forced busts. Every AI in this mission in the areas that I've gotten to are either dead, unconscious, or in pieces.
    Yea... I wanted a slaughter (It's needed for FM11... I need some "hunters" to track down Garrett.. I look at it this way.. In real life you may not have a shadow to hide in. With regard to some of the supernatural, I think that some SHOULD be able to see in the dark...

Had to quit ghosting. Too many busts. Got into the Tanks area. The buttons are nasty to find; they're easy to miss in the ceiling. Found the heart gem in the tank but, boy, you sure have to watch out for the exploding fish. Just one will kill Garrett. There is an ice capped shaft with a gold skull and diamonds in a recess near the top. The only way I could see to get at it was to try to frob them as I fell past, except the fall is too fast so I cannot frob them. I piled up potions to jump onto the ledge at the bottom but was still too far away to frob the skull and gems. Trying to get that loot is like trying to toss coins into a cup a few feet away while blindfolded.

This isn't the first time that I've had to stack potions to get somewhere or reach something. In the 2nd mission, and only if you're really lucky to snatch that rope in the water as you get propelled through the water tunnel, is a setup where rope arrows shoot up and stick into the ceiling and then 2 fire arrows shoot at the gem in the middle. The ends of the rope are not low enough to reach; I'm jumping all over trying to snatch the rope but don't even come close to even getting a grunt from Garrett because he never touches the ropes. I had to stack potions to mantle the ropes (and then I took them all with me except the one that I had to use to climb back down).

To leave, you go down the shaft that you got propelled up (to the apebeasts, tricksterling, and mage). This is the 2nd time, I think, that I've been propelled upward towards a rope (or the same occurred in the next mission). About half the time I miss the rope and fall to my death, or I land but miss whatever was at the other end of the rope. I also noticed slowfall potions don't work well at all. They just barely slow Garrett down but he still takes a big health hit on landing.

I got past the tornado into the next chamber with all the icons on the wall and am now into the next mission. Clicking all the icon panels in the next mission to figure out how to get out of the teleport maze seems purely luck. You click on the panels and only a couple have more than one panel. I eventually clicked on one, and then clicked on the same one after the teleport to get into the next room. Clicking on the same icon in the next room usually didn't do anything except take me back to the prior teleport room. There appears to be a hint in the maps regarding the mirror maze but it didn't mean anything to me.

I've done most everything except get in the lab. I'm at the big door, there was a journal that mention using explosives and the mask, but none of the explosives that I have do anything to that wall. The other route got blocked by rolling boulders. Hopefully the mask that I'm supposed to get wasn't the one that shot fireballs at me on entering the crypt area. That mask is toast after shooting it with a fire arrow.

At this point, I guess I'll have to look at the walkthrough rather than pumping you for hints. While the design is fantastic, I definitely feel that I'm solving riddles without knowing the clues.

Had to quit ghosting. Too many busts. Got into the Tanks area. The buttons are nasty to find; they're easy to miss in the ceiling.

Its part of the escape route for the "rulers of Margroth.."

Found the heart gem in the tank but, boy, you sure have to watch out for the exploding fish. Just one will kill Garrett.

Yea... You should see the other Puffer fish I have in FM4. Not off othem hurt you, but in TANK they SURE do.. You can also hunt for white fish to heal you.. FM6 Garrett will be forces to eat rats...

There is an ice capped shaft with a gold skull and diamonds in a recess near the top. The only way I could see to get at it was to try to frob them as I fell past, except the fall is too fast so I cannot frob them.

Welcome to the circus.. actually you can jump to the northside of the shaft and stand on the light and grab the loot.. some of the loot has fallen since the earthquakes..

I piled up potions to jump onto the ledge at the bottom but was still too far away to frob the skull and gems. Trying to get that loot is like trying to toss coins into a cup a few feet away while blindfolded.

This isn't the first time that I've had to stack potions to get somewhere or reach something. In the 2nd mission, and only if you're really lucky to snatch that rope in the water as you get propelled through the water tunnel, is a setup where rope arrows shoot up and stick into the ceiling and then 2 fire arrows shoot at the gem in the middle.

Actually I can grab it EVERY time... You have crawl along the bottom and FALL into the rope... You can mantle up there.. No stacking required..

The ends of the rope are not low enough to reach; I'm jumping all over trying to snatch the rope but don't even come close to even getting a grunt from Garrett because he never touches the ropes. I had to stack potions to mantle the ropes (and then I took them all with me except the one that I had to use to climb back down).

To leave, you go down the shaft that you got propelled up (to the apebeasts, tricksterling, and mage). This is the 2nd time, I think, that I've been propelled upward towards a rope (or the same occurred in the next mission). About half the time I miss the rope and fall to my death, or I land but miss whatever was at the other end of the rope. I also noticed slowfall potions don't work well at all. They just barely slow Garrett down but he still takes a big health hit on landing.

Roughly 1 out of 3 times you make it through the water cannon. The trick is not to move much, and it should shoot you out of the water and onto the rope...

I got past the tornado into the next chamber with all the icons on the wall and am now into the next mission. Clicking all the icon panels in the next mission to figure out how to get out of the teleport maze seems purely luck. You click on the panels and only a couple have more than one panel. I eventually clicked on one, and then clicked on the same one after the teleport to get into the next room. Clicking on the same icon in the next room usually didn't do anything except take me back to the prior teleport room. There appears to be a hint in the maps regarding the mirror maze but it didn't mean anything to me.

Two deity help.. The others don't.. Yea... More info is needed.. Sorry People don't understand... I have too much "player" knowledge I guess...

I've done most everything except get in the lab. I'm at the big door, there was a journal that mention using explosives and the mask, but none of the explosives that I have do anything to that wall. The other route got blocked by rolling boulders. Hopefully the mask that I'm supposed to get wasn't the one that shot fireballs at me on entering the crypt area. That mask is toast after shooting it with a fire arrow.

Wow.. So you found the other 10 talismans? Its not an object it doesn't open... The gem of Oldorf makes ALL objects GLOW..

When you open the elemental wards, the doors to the other 10 talismans open up... So you haven't been ice-climbing in the Mountain pass yet?

At this point, I guess I'll have to look at the walkthrough rather than pumping you for hints. While the design is fantastic, I definitely feel that I'm solving riddles without knowing the clues. [/B]

Thank God for the walkthrough. I just spent 48 minutes trying to figure out how to destroy the cloning machine. I did a save and used up my entire inventory trying to figure out how to destroy the machine. Players are expected to guess through lots of trial and error that they blow up the machine in the other room with an energized piece of coal? Uffda!

I'm now in the next mission - a big bug hunt (for burricks).

Thank God for the walkthrough. I just spent 48 minutes trying to figure out how to destroy the cloning machine. I did a save and used up my entire inventory trying to figure out how to destroy the machine. Players are expected to guess through lots of trial and error that they blow up the machine in the other room with an energized piece of coal? Uffda!

I used the explosive device... Yametha used a coal crystal. Well normally I would use both.. Drop the device next to the machine. Drop the Coal Crystal at the doorway. And shoot the Coal Crystal which detonates the device from a safe distance. I thought it would seem rather straight forward... Clear the buffer and blow up the machine... BTW: Did you like the shower of loot?

Did the cloning device play the error message? Error... Error... Eeerrrooorrr...? I had problems sometimes with that...

Did Guilded Rivalry seem a bit better Ghost wise?

Let me know when you get to the Volcano...(FM4) (And have fun playing Rambo.. (if you didn't use all your ammo up...))

I'm now in the next mission - a big bug hunt (for burricks).

The objective said to destroy the cloning machine. Removing power (but destroying the generators or whatever was their focal collection source inside the pyramid) didn't seem to be what I should be destroying since restoring power would mean the cloning machine could be reused. So I was focusing on trying to blow up the cloning machine (where you see the clones of Bantar exit). If that machine was just some end equipment than it would've been most useful if there had been a plaque back on the pyramid saying that was the cloning machine (and maybe a plaque on the one with the conveyor belt saying it was the fabricator or materializer or some such). I had to use the walkthough to realize that I was trying to destroy the wrong machine. I didn't hear the "error ... error" message from the other machine since I was at the cloning machine, blew it up, and left.

Loot shower? I remember iron plates, iron cages, a flux piece, but I can't recall any loot. I collected all the frobbable pieces figuring maybe later that they might be usable in a later mission. I don't know if all inventory carries forward into the next missions or if it's just the weapons that carry forward. It does make for a lot of fluff to cycle through when going through your inventory.

Guilded Rivalry was more ghostable and more thiefsie. Because you don't label what things are, I hadn't a clue that the clue particle beams that engaged when I pressed the ankh to the plate were teleporters. They kind of look like disintegrators or high-energy electrical paths (a bigger version of the blue beam you see arcing across a couple pylons). They definitely didn't look safe. I figured this was something that I had powered up and would find what got powered up later. It wasn't until I decided to do a save and see what happens that I figured out they were teleporters. It's like showing a boiling pot of lava to a child and telling them to stick their hand in to retrieve a wad of cash. Oh, it's safe, believe me, while the child shakes his head no and writhes trying to get you to release their hand as you drag them in. Entering those blue particle beams didn't look like anything that I wanted to do.

I understand that there is supposed to be a leap of faith in the next "bug hunt" mission according to the walkthrough. The only spot might be across the lava to the exit door. However, I simply fell and died in the lava. There are a couple routes that go through the lava burrick maze to get to the door. There have been other invisible paths like this but usually you can get them to light up (as a blue speckled light path) by leaning out or tossing something on them or taking a half-step so you don't completely leave the solid ledge. A leap of faith means you actually have faith in something. Garrett doesn't strike me as the religious type or having faith in anything or anyone. So even if he were to take the leap, he wouldn't have the faith to support him. He needs evidence to the contrary of his experience. While the game gives us the ability to reload from save, in reality we play life in Iron Man mode. If I can't ghost a mission, I do try to play close to Iron Man mode to keep the level of tension and fear equal to ghosting.

The objective said to destroy the cloning machine. Removing power (but destroying the generators or whatever was their focal collection source inside the pyramid) didn't seem to be what I should be destroying since restoring power would mean the cloning machine could be reused. So I was focusing on trying to blow up the cloning machine (where you see the clones of Bantar exit). If that machine was just some end equipment than it would've been most useful if there had been a plaque back on the pyramid saying that was the cloning machine (and maybe a plaque on the one with the conveyor belt saying it was the fabricator or materializer or some such).

Point taken.. That was the hopper you were trying to destroy... The main machine was in the back, but since these devices were made by an ancient people long dead, I didn't think lables were appropriate... I never thought people would try to distroy the "front part".. I thought it was obvious with all the generators and pipes leading into the pryamid... Interesting...

I had to use the walkthough to realize that I was trying to destroy the wrong machine. I didn't hear the "error ... error" message from the other machine since I was at the cloning machine, blew it up, and left.

Loot shower?

After you empower all the deities...

I remember iron plates, iron cages, a flux piece, but I can't recall any loot. I collected all the frobbable pieces figuring maybe later that they might be usable in a later mission. I don't know if all inventory carries forward into the next missions or if it's just the weapons that carry forward. It does make for a lot of fluff to cycle through when going through your inventory.

Only a few objects that ISN'T loot carry over... Holy Water is not one that does, but Healing potions do...

Guilded Rivalry was more ghostable and more thiefsie. Because you don't label what things are, I hadn't a clue that the clue particle beams that engaged when I pressed the ankh to the plate were teleporters. They kind of look like disintegrators or high-energy electrical paths (a bigger version of the blue beam you see arcing across a couple pylons).

So I guess you never fired up the ones in the Training Halls (The machine room near the "water cannon"

They definitely didn't look safe. I figured this was something that I had powered up and would find what got powered up later. It wasn't until I decided to do a save and see what happens that I figured out they were teleporters. It's like showing a boiling pot of lava to a child and telling them to stick their hand in to retrieve a wad of cash. Oh, it's safe, believe me, while the child shakes his head no and writhes trying to get you to release their hand as you drag them in. Entering those blue particle beams didn't look like anything that I wanted to do.

Well... The Guild sealed off thier level and use those to protect from invasion... You you listen to all 3 conversations?

I understand that there is supposed to be a leap of faith in the next "bug hunt" mission according to the walkthrough. The only spot might be across the lava to the exit door.

or did you figure away around the collapsed room (with the Shadow Burrick?)

However, I simply fell and died in the lava. There are a couple routes that go through the lava burrick maze to get to the door. There have been other invisible paths like this but usually you can get them to light up (as a blue speckled light path) by leaning out or tossing something on them or taking a half-step so you don't completely leave the solid ledge. A leap of faith means you actually have faith in something. Garrett doesn't strike me as the religious type or having faith in anything or anyone. So even if he were to take the leap, he wouldn't have the faith to support him. He needs evidence to the contrary of his experience. While the game gives us the ability to reload from save, in reality we play life in Iron Man mode. If I can't ghost a mission, I do try to play close to Iron Man mode to keep the level of tension and fear equal to ghosting.

To me stepping off a cliff down a virtually sheer drop.. Would count as a "leap of faith"..

How about if I had Garrett unarmed, who just escaped, (which triggers and event of getting 7 Armored AIs to chase Garrett because of the escape).. Now Garrett has only two ways to run.. To the guards, or away from the guards. Now if Garrett runs away from the guards, he will notice that leads to a cliff. Would you jump off the cliff (far below is poisionous water)?

Question

YcatX...I have been to your Web site (very very nice I may add) but I cannot find your link to get the walkthrough? Can you please tell me where to find this as I would much appreciate it. I see nothing that indicates this area...? Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win the game, it's how you PLAY it! Have FUN!

Yea... I didn't mark my hyperlinks well...

Projects-Thief-"Click on Walkthroughs by Yametha"

For a faster way to get to the walkthrough, go to:

http://www.ycatx.com/thief/iots_roo4.htm

For a faster way to get to the walkthrough, go to:

http://www.ycatx.com/thief/iots_roo4.htm

Vanguard, did you make it to the Museum of the Ancients? or are you still fartting around with the Burricks?

I'm still in the bug hunt mission. I had hosted a Halloween party yesterday (where we needed to polish some stuff maze building in the garage and get all the food and drinks ready), had the party, and pretty much slept late today. That spiked punch takes a lot out of me. Today I get to dismantle and store the maze.

I have been running around the ice and fire tunnels looking for more burricks but haven't discovered anymore yet. I don't usually revert to the maps but I might have to (to ensure I've been everywhere). The objective says to kill all the burricks and it hasn't checked off yet so I have to assume there are more bugs to squash.

I'm still in the bug hunt mission. I had hosted a Halloween party yesterday (where we needed to polish some stuff maze building in the garage and get all the food and drinks ready), had the party, and pretty much slept late today. That spiked punch takes a lot out of me. Today I get to dismantle and store the maze.

I have been running around the ice and fire tunnels looking for more burricks but haven't discovered anymore yet. I don't usually revert to the maps but I might have to (to ensure I've been everywhere). The objective says to kill all the burricks and it hasn't checked off yet so I have to assume there are more bugs to squash.
    Check the upper levels, and the two areas around the ice-bridges... (As well as the ice-tunnel that leads into the giant caverns.)

Most of the Lava Burricks hang out in the loop, and in the lava pools below the loop...

Sorry.. No map...

I found the one remaining ice burrick. As you wipe out burricks, it gets harder to find them; i.e., their density goes down. Once I nailed that last burrick, the objective got checked off and the mission ended so now I'm into the museum mission.

I could hear the treebeast wandering around but I couldn't see it. When I did, it saw me and I was crunched toast. I had expected the volume for its trunksteps to be louder and had figured it was still far enough away, but it wasn't. I saw it just as it passed me.

I have an ATI Radeon video card and fog never has worked for me with this card regardless of using old or new drivers. Some fog-like effects are visible, like steam escaping from pipes, but seeing an invisible AI in the fog can't be seen by me. The only portion of the treebeast that I can see is the refraction of the light (when the treebeast is in the open and objects behind are more visible so I can see the refraction). That's a defect with using the ATI video card. Next video card will be an nVidia.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last