Thread: SA for Murder at the Bazaar (Spoiler)

SA for Murder at the Bazaar (Spoiler)

SA for Murder at the Bazaar (Spoiler)

If you were like me, you were constantly stuck on how to get an Silent Assassin rating for the Murder at the Bazaar mission. Well, I figured it out! You may have too, but this was my approach.

First, I waited for a guard to come around the insertion point. I snuck up on him and used the Anesthetic on him - full strength...which won't last the whole mission. Then I changed into his clothes, picked up his AK and proceeded to the building where the old guy is supposed to be napping. I walked up the stairs and toward the window, without looking at him. My "detection" bar only pulsated black a little. Then, I faced him and quickly pulled my 9mm-SD and took the head shot. This caused guards to rush in downstairs, but they did not investigate upstairs (where I was at). I picked up the coordinates that my target had and concealed my 9mm-SD. I calmly walked down the stairs, past the guards and right out the door.

I then proceeded to the insertion point, where the guard that I "drugged" was at. After about 30 seconds, he began to wake up. I gave him a second full-strength dose of Anesthetic to keep him quite for the rest of the mission.

I then proceeded to the ladder (check your map), that takes you up on top of the Bazaar. I walked across calmly and didn't peek in any of the windows. Walk to the far end (toward the EXIT on your map) until you get to the ledge. You will see an over hang that you will jump down to. Make sure the lieutenant is at the opposite end of the Bazaar, then jump down to ground level.

Once on ground level, proceed inside the Bazaar and take the first left. You will see some crates stacked on the back wall. Hide behind them, as the lieutenant will be there shortly. Get your fiber wire ready. The lieutenant will enter the small area and turn away from you. There will be a guard about 20 feet away, but he will not see the take-down if you seek up on the lieutenant. Once you kill the lieutenant, immediately drag him behind the crates. This is important, in order to get SA...CHANGE into his clothes and drop your AK. He never entered with an AK, and the guard will notice if you exit with one. Pickup the Key from the lieutenant, and calmly walk out of the Bazaar (same direction from which you came) and right past the guard. You will see your "detection" monitor jump a bit, but it will go back down...so don't run. Proceed toward the EXIT (check your map) and you are done!!

Anyone else have a different approach?

I killed the colonel first (strangle) and then the lieutenant second. When I did it in this order, the lieutenant was facing away from the stairs so I could strangled him without a sound. There is no need to change clothes and I can finish the mission with zero shots fired.

There is no need to change clothes and I can finish the mission with zero shots fired.
    How did you get through the entire mission without a change of clothes? Everyone and their brother seemed to be where I needed to be at every given second of the game. I would like to know your strategy, to see if I can pull it off.

My tactics are in this thread.

Originally posted by pooch
    How did you get through the entire mission without a change of clothes? Everyone and their brother seemed to be where I needed to be at every given second of the game. I would like to know your strategy, to see if I can pull it off.
    At the start of the mission, I simply walked into the bazaar to the empty stall where the colonel takes his smoke break. The bazaar guards say something put you can walk past them without any trouble. After you strangle him, take the key and hide his body, walk out of the bazaar area.

Go to the backdoor of the lieutenant's house making sure there are no guards near it. This is why I use the 3rd person view since you can see around corners. Pick the lock and go into sneak mode before opening the door. Open the door and sneak up the stairs backwards so you can see which direction the lieutenant is facing. (3rd person comes in handy again.) He is usually facing away from the stairs so you sneak up behind him and take him out and get the map. (If he is facing the stairs, you will have to quicky use a silenced weapon) Now wait for the guards to have thier conversation downstairs and wait for them to leave. Sneak back downstairs but be careful as a guard will be behind the backdoor for a minute before he continues his patrol. After he leaves, go out the backdoor and around the opposite corner the guard disappeared on his patrol. Walk to the exit point. The alert meter will fluctuate but it will not go into red as long as you keep some distance and keep moving.

SA with no change of clothes, no shots fired and no alerts.

Well, I guess what is nice is that this game has multiple ways of achieving the objective...non-linear in that respect.

I'm almost done with this game, and I can't wait to go through it again while obtaining mass murderer for every level! All bad guys of course - no innocents